Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We have stayed in a number of Holiday Inn Express facilities. This facility fit the general pattern. There were also some things that were unique of worth mentioning. We were surprised to find two TVs, off course there was one viewable from the bed, but the was also a TV in the bathroom. All of the staff that we encountered greeted us and were friendly. Unfortunately the breakfast area has a pinball and game room next to were the food is, and a jaw breaker machine in the eating area. These will certainly cause problems for some families. We used the fitness facility, but the elliptical machine did not seem to work smoothly. There was an interesting pool for tots in the swimming pool area, but it was roped off for repairs. That would be a disappointment for some families with children.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank svenskjim
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear svenskjim,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I booked this hotel over the internet. My wife and I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels, but never at this one. The staff was very knowledgeable and made check-in fast and fun. Our room was large and very comfortable. It had all the amenities including coffee maker, mini-fridge and microwave. Our only complaint was that the bed was a little softer than we like, but that's a personal preference. Breakfast was very good and included their famous cinnamon rolls. Check-out was as pleasant as check-in. We will definitely stay here again if we're in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JJ L
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

My staff and I want to Thank you for your positive feedback. We try to make every guests stay a pleasant one. Please visit us again when you are in the Wausau area.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

they let me check in early (on my lunch break) and check out late.. comfy beds, pretty good breakfast, and a "managers reception" where you get 2 free drinks (beer or soda) along with popcorn, chips n salsa, and pretzels.

I stay here Monday through Wednesday every week for business.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

We appreciate your business. Thank you for your kind feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests stay.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The room was well laid out and very roomy.
Bed was a little more comfortable than the usual hotel bed.
Nice breakfast.
Very large and nice pool area. There is kids splash area, unfortuneately the water was not turned on so my son was not able to play in it. The next morning it was on; my son saw this and he wanted to go in but we had to leave. That was the only dissapointment during out stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words. We want you to enjoy your stay everytime you are with us. Next time you come please let front desk know you would like water features on. We do not run them all the time because of conserving energy. We would be more than glad to accomadate you.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is a fairly new (2007) hotel, but it could use a good scrub down. Not as clean as the last time we were here a couple of years ago. Not unacceptable, but could be impvoved.
Service was good, everything else as you would expect at Holiday Inn Express (including a good, hot breakfast). There is a Chinese restaurant adjacent, we did not go there but it is said to be good. All other restaurants are a moderate drive from there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Good Afternoon:
We certainly appreciate your feedback. Our aim is to WOW the guest and in your case we failed to do so.
Please be assured my employees and I will assess the hotel and search out where we have failed in your eyes.

Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice but the front desk needs to pay attention to the clients more then they do to each other. The employees seem to talk a lot to each other and forget that they are working. I waited 7 minutes before they were finished telling each other what they did the night before. It happened more then one time during my stay and the employee knew I was there which made it worst. It is a nice hotel besides that, if you could skip the front desk it would have been great!

• Stayed: April 2013
heyroth, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to address your concerns during your stay with us. Our whole mission is to make your stay a complete success. I will be addressing your concerns with all of my staff. We will make every effort to improve our service.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We booked at the last minute to ski Granite Peak about 10 minutes away. I have to say, I was impressed. I didn't expect a lot from a Holiday Inn Express but it was one of the cleanest hotels I've been to in a while. The beds were comfortable and the room was good size. The pool area was very clean and larger than I would've expected. The free breakfast had a good variety of cereal, bagels, pancakes, etc... I don't give a review of 5 often and this wouldn't be a 5 against a $250 per night room but for comparable hotels, this was the best. I'd look to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room with a patio door to the parking lot, it makes to unload and load the luggage...