“Great stay with minor problem”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and found it excellent each time. This time, however, I was put in room 206, which is above the furnace/mechanical room. Every 20 minutes or so a loud noise came on that sounded like a shopvac. This went on all night. I will definitely be back, as the staff, rooms, breakfasts and amenities are terrific, but I will know which room not to stay in.

Room Tip: Dont stay in 206
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jd318us
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

My staff and I want to thank you for your kind words. We will definetly check that room to see what is going on. We want to invite you back during your next stay in Wausau.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

This property delivers typical HI fare when it comes to amenities, but excels when it comes to guest service. This review is not about the property, its about the people. I have been a guest numerous times across the years, and the one thing that always stands out for me is the people. From check-in through check-out, every employee I've ever encountered has been genuinely friendly and accommodating. I choose HI for consistency from property to property, but can definitely say that the staff here excel in their attitude of service to their guests. Location is convenient. Breakfast is above average. Employees are the #1 reason I keep coming back to this property!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RomanceWriter
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

My staff and I want to thank you for taking the time to let the hotel hear our responses. We work hard to make sure your stay is a enjoyable as possible. Please continue to visit when you are in the Wausau area.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at many HI's before and this one had the typical HI amenities. I liked the workout room and the beds were comfortable. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have individual creamers for coffee but that is something small. They did have a TV in the bathroom though.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Celia P
heyroth, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

My staff and I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We always supply indivual creamers in our coffee area. I will definetly check into the reason they were not there. Our pool was not closed down entirely for repair, We block it off when we are adding chemicals and doing readings. This is for the safety of our guests.
With your feedback we can stive harder to let the guests be more informed . We would like to invite you back during your next visit to the Wausau area.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We have stayed in a number of Holiday Inn Express facilities. This facility fit the general pattern. There were also some things that were unique of worth mentioning. We were surprised to find two TVs, off course there was one viewable from the bed, but the was also a TV in the bathroom. All of the staff that we encountered greeted us and were friendly. Unfortunately the breakfast area has a pinball and game room next to were the food is, and a jaw breaker machine in the eating area. These will certainly cause problems for some families. We used the fitness facility, but the elliptical machine did not seem to work smoothly. There was an interesting pool for tots in the swimming pool area, but it was roped off for repairs. That would be a disappointment for some families with children.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank svenskjim
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear svenskjim,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I booked this hotel over the internet. My wife and I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels, but never at this one. The staff was very knowledgeable and made check-in fast and fun. Our room was large and very comfortable. It had all the amenities including coffee maker, mini-fridge and microwave. Our only complaint was that the bed was a little softer than we like, but that's a personal preference. Breakfast was very good and included their famous cinnamon rolls. Check-out was as pleasant as check-in. We will definitely stay here again if we're in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JJ L
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

My staff and I want to Thank you for your positive feedback. We try to make every guests stay a pleasant one. Please visit us again when you are in the Wausau area.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

they let me check in early (on my lunch break) and check out late.. comfy beds, pretty good breakfast, and a "managers reception" where you get 2 free drinks (beer or soda) along with popcorn, chips n salsa, and pretzels.

I stay here Monday through Wednesday every week for business.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

We appreciate your business. Thank you for your kind feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests stay.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The room was well laid out and very roomy.
Bed was a little more comfortable than the usual hotel bed.
Nice breakfast.
Very large and nice pool area. There is kids splash area, unfortuneately the water was not turned on so my son was not able to play in it. The next morning it was on; my son saw this and he wanted to go in but we had to leave. That was the only dissapointment during out stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words. We want you to enjoy your stay everytime you are with us. Next time you come please let front desk know you would like water features on. We do not run them all the time because of conserving energy. We would be more than glad to accomadate you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau
4 mi away
Best Western Plus Wausau-Rothschild Hotel
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Weston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau? Share your experiences!