“Very good in parts, but let down by a few faults”
Review of The White Hart Inn

The White Hart Inn
Reviewed 6 August 2013

First the good things about this hotel. Made welcome on arrival by friendly staff. Very large bedroom in an annex behind the hotel. Comfortable bed, good armchair, space for working. Quiet location as well. Decent good value evening meal, with well-kept beer (this chain is owned by Greene King).
Now the fairly minor faults. Light above desk not quite bright enough. Room rather impersonal - not even a picture on the walls. Shower curtain a bit mouldy at the bottom. Chef hasn't really got the hang of scrambling eggs properly. Coffee at breakfast a bit on the weak side. If not for these small points it would have been very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at The White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Stuart and the team thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We have addressed the issues that were raised in you comments. I am glad that you brought them to my attention, and I am sorry that you were not fully satisfied with your stay. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have now stayed in this hotel every week for a month. The rooms are clean and the beds very comfy. The staff are warm and friendly, we are now on first name terms! I have enjoyed my meals, which are good value for money and if you have a big appetite you will really enjoy the breakfast. Goo Wi Fi via The Cloud. Also a lovely beer garden right outside your bedroom door to enjoy.
Thanks to Stuart and the team.

Room Tip: I have always stayed in the superior rooms, which are very spacious. Number 7 is the quieter room a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at The White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Stuart and the team thank you for your kind comments. The issues mentioned have been investigated and rectified. Thank you for taking your time to give us your valued feedback

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Last minute booking to cut a journey in half and couldn't have picked better! A friendly welcome as soon as we arrived and a well earned pint was had in a lovely bar area served by a friendly and pleasant barman called Mark. We had a good meal there in the evening which was tasty too. Our room was in a little cottage at the back of the pub which was quiet, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good with a good choice. Would definitely stay here again if in the area and will recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at The White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Stuart and the team thank you very much for choosing them for your last minute booking. We appreciate all of your comments regarding the staff, food and accommodation that we offer. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed to Mark and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had a last minute weekend stay here and loved it. The staff were all helpful, prompt & polite.
Our room was spacious, and we loved the fact that we could wander straight out and sit in the garden. The bed was really comfortable.
Breakfast was great
We loved the surrounding area and look forward to returning again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at The White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Stuart and the team thank you very much for staying with us at the White Hart. We appreciate all of your comments regarding the staff and accommodation that we offer. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed to the staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Just back from a three night stay at the White Hart and I had the best sleep on such a comfortable bed and a very quiet room in the eaves of the purpose built building. One hiccup was a dirty bathroom on arrival but the head housekeeper soon cleaned it to a very high standard so I was happy. The staff were very helpful giving me directions to places and I even had food served in my room which after a tiring day was so relaxing. The breakfast is very good, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon was so tasty as was the omelette too. I will definitely be staying here again and highly recommend it. The only reason I hav'nt rated it excellent is because of the bathroom but no doubt next time I will!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at The White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us at the White Hart in Chalfont St Giles. We addressed the issues of the bathroom as soon as they were raised and these will not happen again. We appreciate that you are returning soon and we look forward to it

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Wanted to escape the great wide world for a night away, got a late booking at the White Hart very reasonable £19.00 for two including breakfast. Satff all very pleasant, had a good roast meal and a comfortable room. Breakfast I had eggs benedict, my wife had eggs royale, very nice indeed. Go to English Country Inns web-site to have a look and get a really good value late booking.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NorthantsRushie
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at The White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us. Stuart and the team are extremely proud of the service that they offer and are constantly looking at ways to ensure that all guests enjoy their stay. We hope you join us again soon for you Sunday night getaways

Reviewed 2 May 2013

The White Hart is mine and my husbands local anyway, and we find it a wonderful place to meet our friends a couple of nights a week and eat there very frequently. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The food is always wonderful and very reasonably priced. So where else would I go to celebrate a big birthday than there .A place we can always enjoy and trust and they did not disappoint and provided me with a birthday to remember. A big thank you to Stuart and his team for a very memorable evening!
Penny

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Penny P
Jason C, Manager at The White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thank you ever so much for posting such kind comments. Your comments are greatly received and these will be passed onto the staff. We look forward to holding future events with you and we hope to see you soon.

Been to The White Hart Inn? Share your experiences!