Amazing location of hotel. While laying on the bed all you can see is sea and sea. One more interesting fact is that probably this is the only hotel where you can see from sun rise to sun set all from the same sofa of your room.
Few things you should be aware of if you are staying here:
1) This hotel is mainly for business people. We didn't saw any tourist during our stay for 3 days. You might feel awkward when all people around you are working and you are the one who is here to take some leisure time out :)
2) The beach attached to this hotel is Kollam beach is just 200mts away from the hotel. But you won’t be able to take bath or play in the water as it’s very dangerous and deep with too much undercurrent. There are red flags all around and police patrolling to stop you. All you can do is wet your foot in water and that’s it.
3) This is a 5 Star hotel, but don’t expect a Taj like experience.
4) Spa is OK not that great. I had better Spa experience in Bangalore then here.
5) If you want to play in beach etc... There is a beach called Varkala Beach just 25 km away. Take a transport and you can go. It’s like paradise on earth.
Something really good:
1) Food. We took a package where food was included. You get both authenticate and western food with great desert.
2) Room service. Ask for anything and its super-fast delivered.
3) Clean. Everything is super clean including the bathroom which also has a bath tub in it.
4) Very eco-friendly hotel. You step out of room and all electricity is off.
5) People are really good. Especially the “guest manager” Mahesh and our driver from hotel Ajit. If you have not taken your vehicle you can ask for hotel transport. They will tell you the charge which I feel reasonable compared to Bangalore.
6) Nice swimming pool also but usually crowded till 10:30 am as kids from outside comes for some swimming session.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first 5 star luxury hotel in Kollam with 95 rooms, located on the beach offering panoramic view of the Arabian Sea from every room till its horizon. The hotel is an ideal host to a holiday maker as well as corporates for their meetings, conventions, weddings at a destination which is untouched by many....Providing seven wonder views of the sea, beach, park, city, greenery harbor and backwaters. It Provides 95 sea facing rooms with Multi-cuisine restaurant, coffee shop, an infinity swimming pool, international spa and Kerala Ayurvedic centre, Health Club, is well designed and managed to offer international standard amenities and services to both leisure and business travelers alike. The concept of MICE tourism is incorporated with full size international convention centre that can accommodate up to 1500 people, one of the biggest beachside business facilities in India. The other seven conference halls of different capacities provide variety to conferencing and make it a pleasant and peaceful location for conducting business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Quilon Beach Hotel & Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Quilon Beach Hotel And Convention Centre
- Beach Orchid Kollam
- The Quilon Beach Hotel & Convention Centre Kollam, Kerala, India