“Silent Peace and Relax”

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Kollam
Udaipur City, Rajasthan, India
“Silent Peace and Relax”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The first mistake I did in my Kerala trip that I choose Kochi Airport and I never research that this resort is too far from Kochi airport so the best airport is Thiruvananthapuram, We reach almost after 7 hours of drive and the property is so relaxing there is everything that you need Some great Cottage, A very good restaurant, A great boating environment, A good Message center, Play room for indoor and outdoor for kids, fishing and a wonderful staff.
I am writing review late but we stay in this restaurant in August 2011 and it was a great relaxing moment for me I will soon visit this property in my Next Kerala Trip.

Room Tip: Front of "Ashtamudi Lake".
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank ssdulawat
cambayh0tels, Manager at Cambay Palm Lagoon, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Guest,
We thank you for the feedback, to which it has given the moral to all the operation persons working in Unit ,to provide guest satisfaction and highest level of hospitality is our priority and we make sure that it is served in the highest level of services to all our guests
We would want you to have much better experiences when ever you are traveling with us next
Cambay Hotels and Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had a chance to stay at Cambay palm lagoon, kollam during my family vaccation. i must tell you the property is at excellent location, though its in quite interiors where you cannot go without your personal vehicle but once there you will forget everything. you can relax in their swimming pool watching back waters or sun bask in the morning. rooms are spacious though i had faced problem of water dripping from the AC but the staff got room changed next morning. location is very picturesque and all the photographs taken there will stay in your memory for ever.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank J_Ganatra
cambayh0tels, Manager at Cambay Palm Lagoon, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Guest
We thank you for the feedback and the wonderful experiences that you shared during your stay at Cambay Palm Lagoon,we would like to provide the highest level of Hospitality to all our clients at any time ,we thank you for choosing Cambay Hotels and we look forward to see you soon again
Cambay Group of Hotels and Resorts
Kottayam, Kerala, India
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Ive been to Palm Lagoon even before cambay took over the resort.. Its a beautiful place.. Absolutely wonderful for a mind easing few days.. The rooms & facilities are good.. If u love to see d water blues around u, this is one good place to be at.. Theyve improved their food too mainly as they have Mr. Anil with them now.. Its being better managed.. The last visit was nice overall.. They have better south indian food now.. More on sea food could be the call of the day..!

The staff were also good.. The local staff give it the kerala effect & the others like shankar, avinash & rajender (if i remember correctly) were good.. Right from the security staff, all were good.. The place has decent privacy too..

Id suggest your management to improve on marketing within the state.. People would love your place.. It just isnt marketed well.. Better marketing, emphasis on south indian plus sea food could give u a good edge even in the off seasons.. And more sign boards please!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank asish1490
cambayh0tels, Manager at Cambay Palm Lagoon, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback and Cambay hotels would live up to your expectations whenever you are travelling with us next time
Cambay Group of Hotels and Resorts
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The location is indeed awesome. The floating cottage was too good. The 2nd day of our stary witnessed heavy rains resulting in increased water current. We literally felt the cottage dancing to the tunes of the water. Too good an experience. The personnel starting from front office to room service and security were quite supportive. The front office guy Gopal, in specific was extremely courteous & supportive. The location and the team made the real difference. However the dinning menu standards can be improved substantially. There were very little choices. Secondly, there could be some more sign boards leading to the resort. I was scouting my way to the resort at about 10.30 in the night. New to this part of the country, not familiar with malayalam, all streets deserted and hotel staff not familiar with landmarks leading to the resort. My goodness, this too was a great experience.

Room Tip: Choose the floating cottage. its a difference experience. Preferably check in before sun set and be...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 84reviews
cambayh0tels, Manager at Cambay Palm Lagoon, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Guest,
We thank you for sharing your experiences and concerns which would be addressed soon,your experience encourages to serve all the clients in highest professional and hospitable manner
Cambay Group of Hotels & Resorts
Bangalore
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The location is amazing, excellent view of the backwaters, green and peaceful. However don't expect any good food. Everything the cook makes tastes the same, they don't serve fish (even after having it in the menu and promising that it will be available the next day).

Room Tip: Floating cottages have a great view, but do check for leakages from sinks, you don't want face w...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank GreetWay
cambayh0tels, Manager at Cambay Palm Lagoon, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Sir,
At the outset, thank you very much for your patronage and valuable feedback that you have liked the peaceful location and view of our resort. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy with menu choices and the food.
Please accept my sincere apology.
The principal goal of our Resort is to provide dependable service to our valuable guest.
Please be assured that the issue have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken.
Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We trust that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Cambay Palm Lagoon in the future.
Yours Sincerely,
Kamal Nagar
Cambay Palm Lagoon,Kollam
Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I am an Ayurvedic doctor from Chandigarh.I visited this hotel in the month of June-2013 with my family and found the views were astounding. The place is so calm and relaxing, free from pollution and the visit to backwaters was wonderful.

I have an interesting experience to share about the staff. The new GM Mr. Kamal is very friendly and always there for any guidance . He made the experience of the stay a life time memory.

When I checked out from the hotel, I forgot my Samsung Tab in the hotel room, which was worth 40,000 Rs. I was on my way to Munnar When house keeping head Mr. Thomas called me. He informed me that I forgot my Samsung Galaxy Tab there.

I was really stunned by his honesty. I soon received another call from the General Manager Mr. Kamal that they will be doing arrangements to send my Tab. to Munnar. The travel from Kollam to Munnar is difficult 10 hr. bumpy, mountain road journey. Mr. Kamal sent Mr. Sri Kumar to deliver the tab by hand. He traveled all the way from Kollam to Munnar by bus. Wonderful service !

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Vikram C
cambayh0tels, Manager at Cambay Palm Lagoon, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Sir,
We thank you for your very positive feedback regarding the services,and has encouraged us to serve you in better way ,we shall live up to your expectation level whenever you are choosing Cambay Group Hotels and Resorts in near future

Cambay Group of Hotels & Resorts
gandhidham
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The property as such is quite good. However, two basic things are missing :- 1) There is no propoer road sign to guide some one to the resort and (most important) 2) The quality of food served is terrible. The cook does not know even basic thnigs to cook.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank SPS1950
Cambayhotels14, Manager at Cambay Palm Lagoon, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback, Cambay hotel is one of the best property in making the provision of hospitality and services, but even if you face some sort of inconveniences we apologize for the same, we would want your feedback which enables us to improve on every note.

Regards,
Cambay Hotels & Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kollam
Lake n River, An SKB Resort Munroe Island
#8 of 21 in Kollam
Hotel Grande Muscat
Hotel Grande Muscat
#15 of 21 in Kollam

Been to Cambay Palm Lagoon? Share your experiences!