“the way to taste the ancient feeling of India”

The Raviz Resort and Spa, Ashtamudi
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Kollam
Reviewed 24 August 2014

One of the best hotel ever !! Hardly to say for me what is not excellent!! starting from the amazing botanic garden outside, going to the superb restaurant , incredible room ( personal swimming pool , personal mezzanine). more than suggested , mandatory !!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stefano_pittaluga
WelcomHotelRaviz, General Manager at The Raviz Resort and Spa, Ashtamudi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for reviewing The WelcomHotel Raviz Ashtamudi and thank you for staying with us.
I am so so glad that you enjoyed your stay here.
What more can a hotelier ask for than a comment like “one of the best hotels ever”
We are indeed so happy you came and enjoyed our hospitality
We do hope to see you back soon.

There are newer reviews for The Raviz Resort and Spa, Ashtamudi

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my wife for my birthday celebration had a memorable stay overwhelmed with natural beauty and excellent staff service particularly Mr. Issac Thomas Panicker in the front office was brilliant in all his ways. He was there for us every time we need and offered everything even more than we had asked for. Rooms were clean good facilities and excellent views and location. We are definitely looking forward for another stay in this September.....

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Abin B

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for reviewing The WelcomHotel Raviz Ashtamudi.
It was a pleasure to have you stay here. Belated Happy Birthday.
Thank you for mentioning Isaac. Indeed he is a Star and customer satisfaction comes so naturally to him as is with his other colleagues across the hotel.
I am so glad we lived up to your expectations and we promise to exceed them when you come back in September

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our stay at Raviz was one of the memorable experiences in our life ..we felt like home with the excellent quality service and friendliness of the staff. Especially Mr. Issac Panicker at the front office was very welcoming and caring during our stay. The check in and checkout processes were very fast and accurate !! We were escorted very friendly to our room. We recommend this hotel to all our friends and family highlighting it's SERVQUAL quality !!!
Abin babu and Anupa Abin
you2abin@gmail.com

• Stayed: July 2014
WelcomHotelRaviz, General Manager at The Raviz Resort and Spa, Ashtamudi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your kind words and reassuring review. It only drives us to do better. Thank you for mentioning Isaac. He is indeed one of our stars.
Your appreciation of him, has been passed on to him.

Do visit us again

Reviewed 23 August 2014

A stay with friends for a birthday celebration.
Had lots of fun.
Excellent staff service.
Everything was arranged well and much more than what we had asked for.
Rooms were clean and well maintained.
Beautiful view and good facilities.
Definitely coming back for sure !!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pooja A

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The WelcomHotel Raviz Ashtamudi.
I am so happy you had a great stay. Do hope the birthday celebrations were good. Whoever’s birthday it was, I wish him or her the very best and a great year ahead. God Bless.
The fact that you mentioned that you will come back is enough payback for all the work we do here. So, thank you very much.
Do hope to see you back.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Ours was a 2N stay at The Raviz. We reached around ^PM in the evening and were quickly escorted to the room which was a plush Premium room overlooking the Ashtamudi Lake.
The Quiet,Peaceful,Serene location will immediately rejuvenate your mind,body and soul.
The hotel staff,travel desk,room service all were very helpful, warm and co-operative. We wanted to see around the places and they guided us with all necessary information. Do not forget to visit Kappil beach, Varkala beach and Munroe Island if you are at Kollam. They are mindblowing, beautiful places.
The food was also great. You may try local fish delicacy which they prepare really well.
They also provide free wi-fi facilities to their guests and an Evening cruise on the Ashtamudi lake.
We had a great time at Raviz and look forward to visit them again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sohini_Basu

Dear Reviewer,
Greetings and Thank You for reviewing The WelcomHotel Raviz Ashtamudi.
Any manager or associate who joins this hotel is christened as an “Experience Maker”. This sums up the primary job he/she has to do and that is to create Memorable Experiences for our guests.
I am so very glad the team here managed to do just that for you.
You are so right in saying the atmosphere here actually rejuvenates the mind, body and soul. I recall the first day I stepped into the porch, I felt a rush that indeed elevated my senses and even today as I recall it the hair on my arms stand.
If you did not already, on your next visit try our Ayurveda Spa. We have a doctor onboard and expert therapists.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My family really enjoyed the experience - comfortable rooms, friendly and helpful staff, lots to do for the kids. The hotel pool was lovely, the area and promenade full of interest and nice to walk around. We would definitely come back again. Thanks to you and the staff at hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fasilvp

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for reviewing the WelcomHotel Raviz Ashtamudi. I am so glad your family enjoyed the hotel. It is always our endeavor to ensure our service matches the beauty of the hotel and its surroundings. So glad we lived up to your expectations. Hope to indeed see you back soon.

Regards

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The negatives
Check in took nearly an hour.Quite a few people involved in the process!!
Rooms weren't ready at 14:00
One of the four rooms had problems with toilet flush,electrical which were distracting and annoying
Pressurised into buffet option
Buffet very expensive for ordinary fare
Pedestrian pathways around the hotel uneven and slippery
Not upto 5 star standard and comfort
Now the positives
Fantastic view of the lake from the balcony
Spacious room,comfortable bed
Friendly,helpful staff
Clean well maintained pool
Won't come back for sure

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
WelcomHotelRaviz, General Manager at The Raviz Resort and Spa, Ashtamudi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Greetings and Thank You for your candid feedback. It is customers like you that help us get better. Really. And, I am not just saying that. Every experience is a learning for us.
Yes, that day was a busy day. Yes, things went wrong with the room and the restaurant…But, allow me to apologise as genuinely we came out with lessons on how to handle a busy day better.
Your feedback on the pricing of the buffet, I will definitely look at. Although I must admit I had already corrected the price downwards just a month ago. But your feedback tells me what a customer feels and I will indeed look at it again.
I understand you are talking about the lakeside pathway. Your indeed right as I find it difficult to walk there myself. The designer actually felt we must keep that rustic look and charm. But, again, customer real time feedback and I will look at some solution when we renovate.
Thank you for the positives. You are indeed very fair.
Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback.
I do insist you try the hotel again or interact with me. It would indeed be great to meet our well wisher.

Regards
Email – dudley.screymour@itchotels.in

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kollam
Hotel Allseason
Club Mahindra Ashtamudi
Club Mahindra Ashtamudi
#1 of 1 in Thekkumbhagam
The Gateway Hotel Janardhanapuram Varkala

Been to The Raviz Resort and Spa, Ashtamudi? Share your experiences!