“A good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Kollam
London, United Kingdom
“A good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here in a twin room while doing a bit of flashpacking. The hotel was fantastic: comfortable, friendly staff and a good location. The restaurant was a bit quiet, but the bar downstairs was a lot livelier and the staff were happy to send the food down there.
The only negative is Kollam itself really. If you're a tourist I wouldn't head there.
If you're there on business, the Sea Pearl is great and I'd recommend it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. The place is new. Located at a commutable distance from the railway station, so very convenient.
Since the hotel is still new, we can enjoy the condition of the rooms. The room was spacious enough. Neat and clean. It had tea/ coffee, hot pot etc.
The bed is very comfortable. No WIFI in the room, you have free WIFI if you sit in the lobby area.
The service was prompt, but the quality was bad. Like we ordered tea in the room and it came in a pot. I opened the teapot for some reason and there was a dead beetle floating in it. They immediately got us some new tea, but the damage was already done. Maybe lack of customers, I don't know. But really careless.
The bathroom fittings were done in a haste as many parts were falling apart. The huge flush button is falling off each time you flush. The button to start the shower just came off and could not use the overhead shower.
Overall, the place is good for this price in Kollam, as I have tried many hotels. But I wish they would hold it together ATLEAST in the beginning.
Plus point is they serve beer and wine so all the drinkers can enjoy! As all Kollam Hotels don't serve alcohol since it is difficult to get permit.
Bottomline, for this price this place is good!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank superdoshi
Sea P, General Manager at Hotel Sea Pearl, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Sir,

Warm Greetings from Hotel Sea Pearl, Kollam!!!!

Thanks for giving us an opportunity to serve you and thanks for the valuable time spend for us. I noticed and disturbed that the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us and i would like to inform you that the points which you mentioned will rectify with immediate effect and i am assuring you that these kind of problems will never happens to any of my guest in near future.

Thanking you immensely for your valuable feedback and our motive is to deliver the highest standard of service to each and every guest without any fail.

I hope that Hotel Sea Pearl remains your preferred hotel for all your future visits to Kollam and the team ready to welcome you once again.

Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Would like to thank all the staff's and management (Jibby-(GM) & Shaijesh (Manager-F & B) in particular, to have extended such warm & professional/quality service.The property is wonderful & well maintained. Rooms are spacious with good ambiance except for the water pressure in the tap (bathroom-both sink and shower).In spite of repeated complaints to the reception & maintenance person there was nothing done about it. Wish the air-conditioners have more cooling and maintained to the "T" (since Kollam/Kerala is quite humid a place). Staffs were very helpful and friendly, always had a smile. All in all it is a good place to stay and I would definitely like to come back and stay here, be it personal or official. Great work guys......make it better......way to go.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sunny c
Sea P, General Manager at Hotel Sea Pearl, responded to this review, 16 December 2013

Warm Greetings from Hotel Sea Pearl, Kollam

Thanks for giving us an opportunity to serve you and thanks for sharing your valuable time with me and suggestions. Your comments will always motivate our team to perform way better in the near future and it has been our utmost focus to provide our guest nothing less than the best.

However i will take personal care for the suggestions which you mentioned and i am glad to know that you find our staff very helpful and attentive during your stay.

I hope that Hotel Sea Pearl remains your preferred hotel for all your future visits to Kollam and we are ready to welcome you.

Noida, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel is well maintained and new constructed one.Value for money very high. Near railway station.Only improvement needed is in catering and restaurant. Wi fi enabled and computer is there to login and surf.Reception fellow is very courteous and helpfull.Lift operation for going and coming.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank ramniwas57
Warm Greetings from Hotel Sea Pearl, Kollam
Thanks for giving us an opportunity to serve you and thanks for the mind blowing comments and valuable time spend for us. Your comments will always motivate our team perform way better in the near future and it has been our utmost focus to provide our guest nothing less than the best.
However I will take personal care for the suggestions which you mentioned and I am glad to know that you find our staff very helpful and attentive during your stay.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Thanks to all who made my fantastic days. i think this s the best hotel in kollam. very clean and neat hotel and very good service...spl thanks to your mastr chef who made fabulous food its really mount watering whn seen. i wound suggest to all who comng to kollam please try the experience of Sea Pearl....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bichoo666
Dear Bichoo,
Warm Greetings from Hotel Sea Pearl, Kollam
It was my immense pleasure to know that you experienced all our facilities and we lived up to your satisfaction.

Alappuzha, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

First of all thanks to staff and management to have a such a wonderful property. The hotel is kept very clean and neat. Rooms are spacious and well maintained. The property is big and my stay was included with breakfast. The food was mouth watering. Breakfast was spread with variety of south indian cuisines. Must try there special biriyani really superb!!!! Staffs were very helpful and friendly, always had a smile. All in all it was one of the best hotel i had stayed in my business trip. :))

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr.Vinu,

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

If you want to enjoy the backwaters of Kerala and have the most spectacular stay possible, go to this hotel viz., Sea Pearl in Kollam, Kerala. When I visited this place this year, I was a bit skeptical about my stay but this hotel made my visit so comfortable.
The room that I stayed was amazing and even the food and drinks are quite reasonable in the reataurants.
Overall it was an amazing trip and thanks to the wonderful staff of this hotel who are so welcoming.
Definitely worth to stay in this hotel. Can't wait to go to Kollam again.

Fabin Kolanchery
Deputy Manager,
William Hill
London, UK

Room Tip: If you're going with you're sweetheart I would recommend the Suite room where I stayed. Its...