My idea for this vacation was to have a peaceful vacation and couldn't ask for anything more from Fragrant nature.
The property is well placed by a beautiful lake and our cottage was few metres from the lake. We enjoyed morning & evening coffee by the beautiful sit out watching the birds & the fishermen in their small boats. The cottage had a separate living room & a bed room - nice & spacious. Can really think of fisherman's cove in terms of facilities available in the cottage - ACs in both the rooms, nice couches, a nice little dining table, LCD, Rain shower, mini bar, sit out & a DVD player on request - which we used on all 4 days :-)
The property had a nice deep swimming pool, a kids pool & a jaccuzi by the pool, which took care of a my expectation - a nice silent vacation. A massive fitness centre but with just couple of basic equipments, Table tennis, Carrom board & chess can hanlde a short stay for a small crowd.
Food was excellent with a good variety of main course in the buffet spread. Nothing to complain about food as they also did customize couple of items for our 7 y old son (less spicy chicken). More varieties in desserts could have made it awesome.
Staff service - By far, the best in class in terms of service in all my experience. Every staff greets you anytime during the day when you bump into one. It was raining all of a sudden one evening on the way back to our cottage & we were standing in the garden under a small shade. In couple of minutes, a house keeping chap walked down quickly to us with umbrellas from nowhere. That's well thought. The service aspect was visible everwhere including a prompt pickup from the railway station early in the morning and with all adhoc requests.
Do not expect any fun activities to be arranged inside the resort. They do arrange for local site seeing, boating by the lake ,etc. But if you want to be on your own & plan things yourself, this is the best place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fragrant Nature is an exclusive 4 star Luxury Lakeside Resort offering the ultimate in relaxation and seclusion from the hustle and bustle of city life. The natural rural village setting of this Luxury hideaway, gives you the chance to see and experience the authentic Keralean way of life. The Resort is also well located for travelling and exploring the excitingly diverse wildlife, geography and rich culture of Kerala. Price range(per night) : £85 to £315Breakfast is free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Fragrant Nature Backwater Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fragrant Nature Retreat And Resorts Pvt Ltd
- Fragrant Nature Retreat & Resorts Pvt Ltd Hotel Kollam
- Fragrant Nature Backwater Resort & Ayurveda Spa Kollam, Kerala, India