“Quiet place with experienced Ayurvedic methods”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kollam
Sarovaram Ayurvedic Backwater Health Centre
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Kollam
Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you are looking for a quiet place to relax and take care of yourself you will not regret it. All team members are available, helpful, smiling, listening at any time of the day. The quality of Ayurvedic massages, done by experienced therapist, exceeded all my expectations, I arrived tense, stressed and went away relaxed, refreshed and relaxed.
The ayurvedic meals, all vegetarian, cook every day by the Chief are delicious and made me discover a varied and amazing cuisine consists of an incredible number of flavors.
The setting is superb: near a lake in a quiet place with a beautiful garden.
The atmosphere is relaxed, the other spa-goers are discreet, quiet and respectful.

Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 3 March 2014

It was by coincidence that I ended up in at Sarovaram after reading the review on line.. one is always skeptical when reading reviews but it turned out to be a very good treatment and a valuable experience , the staff and owner are really qualified and care .. this place is the real deal in a quiet and beautiful set up for a very reasonable price .. I will come back for more .
thanks you Doctor and the Sarovaram staff !!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carlo V
Reviewed 16 February 2014

After many years of longing to go to Kerala and to experience Ayurveda first hand, our stay at Sarovaram was more than we could have ever hoped for. The lush surroundings in the Kerala Backwaters, the friendly and attentive staff, and the rejuvenating and professional Ayurvedic treatments made for an unforgettable experience. The excellent vegetarian meals were shared in the open-air dining room with interesting people from India and around the world. After an arduous year, the benefits of the calm and restorative atmosphere were undeniable. We now understand why people return to Sarovaram year after year, and we hope to do the same and stay for even longer next time. Paul and Patrick

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We originally planned to stay for three days at Sarovaram with the idea it would be a nice relaxing introduction to our holiday. In the end we stayed for ten, discovering the power and comprehensive healing of Ayurvedic medicine.
Sarovaram is overseen by doctor Kiran who is trained as a doctor with postgraduate Ayurvedic training. His benign presence is caring and reassuring and he listens carefully to any problems and sorts them efficiently.
The treatments- various forms of massage, are prescribed according to the individual constitution of the patient and are performed by skilled and kind therapists. The massage is designed to clear the body of what I understand could be translated as “toxins”. As a therapist myself I was able to appreciate the skill and effectiveness of the therapies.
Herbal, Ayurvedic medicines were provided at meal times by another group of wonderful, welcoming and kind staff along with delicious food planned to complement the treatment.
We had the opportunity to visit the pharmacy, where the medicines are prepared. We were welcomed and shown round by Doctor Kiran's father, also a doctor. One evening we had a lesson in preparing the food from Sheran the chef.
Accommodation is in stone bungalows built in traditional Keralan style with rich dark wood and beautiful patterned tiles: A bedroom with a comfortable bed with mosquito net and a clean and well functioning shower room.
Outside, the veranda gave a wonderful view of the garden where most of the plants are used in the preparation of remedies and huge butterflies flit around just too fast to see them properly. The huge lake ripples up to the borders of the property. Herons, egrets and cormorants graced the lake and the sea eagles came down from soaring the skies to bath in the water bowls round the garden. Other birds with wonderful calls delighted me with their unfamiliarity.
There are nine rooms, so a maximum of eighteen guests meet at meals, often still in the brown Lungi that are worn after a treatment.
It feels as if all the staff and all the guests are involved in each person's well being. I enjoyed the fact that all the staff are kept informed of each guest's program and everyone is supportive and interested.
This is the real thing. A place to relax, heal and revitalise yourself. I can understand why they recommend at a stay of three weeks to get the full benefits, but, even after ten days I have come back with more energy, I don't lose my breath climbing the hills and I seem to be continuing to lose weight. (One of my intentions from the treatment).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank VivR735
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We arrived at Sarovaram with no expectations as it was our first trip to Kerala and our knowledge about Ayurveda was very scant. The first thing that pleases as very much was the personal attention of Dr. Kiran and his team. They all were highly professional and very caring. If you want to go there for a real ayurvedic experience with no gimmick this is indeed the place!!! The food was very tasty and well balanced. The surrondings by the lake helps to create a very relaxing and soothing atmosphere. We like the firmness of the doctor when he said: "we do not compromise in treatment" meaning that the place is neither a spa or a stop over for shopping and "roasting" under the sun. Every day of the 14 days ayurvedic treatment was carefully and individually monitored. The result was that we felt much better physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Going to Sarovaram is an experience we highly recommend.
We consider ourselves well travelled and we are quite strict with the standards of services therefore what we have just wrote is something that unfortunately we cannot+ do very often. We shall come back.
Rubén and Iván
Spain

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Rubén Bild B
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Sarovaram is the "real thing" for Ayurveda treatments and a place you feel like at home. It is very natural, basic and clean, with a tropical garden overlooking the Backwater lake. This place is for your body, mind and soul, especially for people who appreciate the "real and tradition stuff".
This is our second time at Sarovaram and we can reconfirm that this is a "hidden paradise". To make the treatments effective, two weeks minimum stay is recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SmileShine2014
Reviewed 2 November 2013

It is exactly I was looking for- a great combination of silence, a friendly environment, stunning nature and Ayurvedic treatment at a very high level. I was expecting some troubles with a veg diet as I'm not a vegetarian. And was surprised the fact that veg food could be so testy and various. The staff is very friendly, rooms are simple but convenient and clean. I'll be miss a nice view from my terrace for sure. I also was impressed the level of customers' loyalty - guests still want to be back here for the 4-8th times!!! I hope to be back too. Thanks to everyone for making my holidays so nice.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo