“First Class Hotel in Saint-Pierre”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nuits Saint-Pierre

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Pierre
Nuits Saint-Pierre
Ranked #1 of 3 Saint-Pierre B&B and Inns
St. John's, Canada
“First Class Hotel in Saint-Pierre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

We recently stayed at Nuit Saint-Pierre on a family trip to the island. Originally intrigued by the photos on the website I called to make reservations and from that point onward my Nuit Saint-Pierre experience exceeded my expectations.

We booked 3 of the 5 rooms for two nights in advance and upon arriving by ferry well before lunch, our rooms were prepared immediately so we could get settled away. Right from the beginning the staff provided us with first class service. The rooms themselves were modern, clean and spacious with attention to every detail. Overall, very comfortable.

The hotel is centrally located a very short walk from the ferry terminal, visitor centre, shopping, etc. We were given keys to our room as well as the entrance to the hotel so we could come and go as we explored Saint-Pierre. There is also a very nice cafè/restaurant joined to the hotel which offered delicious coffee, quiche, sandwiches, teas, deserts, etc.

As a pleasant surprise; breakfast was included in our room price and having purchased many rooms that include breakfast in the past I was expecting the average cereal, assortment of fruit and since we were in France – perhaps a croissant or two. We got the croissant part right but in addition, a staff person would take our order every morning for either bacon, eggs and toast made to your liking or an amazing ham and cheese crepe and prepare it while we sat and drank fresh brewed coffee. After a great night’s sleep this was delicious and unique touch to send us on your way each morning.

Although there are options, I can’t imagine there is any other hotel on the island that can keep up to the food and hospitality and beautiful rooms that Nuit Saint-Pierre has to offer, so when traveling to Saint-Pierre don’t miss out on this fantastic and unique hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank SNAdams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night as part of our honeymoon. Although we were not sold on St. Pierre (the weather was horrible- which did not help) we would return just to stay at this hotel. It was truly luxurious and a perfect place to stay for our honeymoon. The bed was so comfortable we wrote down the name of it so we can purchase the same one back home. The owner Patricia does everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We ate lunch at the cafe connected to the hotel and it was the best quiche I have ever had. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to everyone and anyone. It is excellent value and a hidden gem!

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

First trip to the island but after reading the other reviews on Trip Advisor I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. The Hotel/Bed&Breakfast was modern with a lot of charm and character. Owner and staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds were divine. The morning breakfast was wonderful with French baked croissants and other goodies and made to order eggs, try the omelet. Value at it's best!

1 Thank Murray W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Patricia the owner went out of her way to make our visit delightful. The ferry was potentially going to get cancelled on the day we were checking out and she told us to stay until we found out whether we were sailing or not. She kept trying the ferry service to keep us informed. Really covered all the bases. The food was great as well. We are already planning to return. Great place to visit.

• Stayed August 2012
Newfoundland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

My partner and I stayed here for the Bastille Day weekend and we loved it! It's just up the street from the ferry terminal - an easy walk. It is also close to restaurants, bars and the CIA (liquor agency). The room was beautiful - we're talking monogrammed bed linens and towels, heated towel racks, bathrobes, slippers and a wonderfully comfortable bed. The decor was beautiful and we felt pampered. (My only teeny constructive criticism is the hangers in the closet should match the decor and not be a mix of wire dry cleaning hangers and others - everything else is so wonderful, they stood out, just a little).

There is a small eating area for breakfast which we also used at the end of the night to share French wine with our fellow hotel guests. Again, the decor was lovely. Breakfast the next morning was very good. Pastries are set out and stay out until they're gone. You can have hot or cold - cereal or crepes made to order or even sunny-side-up eggs. Coffee and juice are also available. The hotel is attached to Les Delices de Josephine which hotel owner Patricia also owns. You can have quiche, wonderful pastries and wine. The service and food are great. It rained on Saturday and most things were closed (for the National Holiday) so we sat drinking wine, eating pastries and playing board games (provided by Les Delices). Boring for some maybe but we loved relaxing, enjoying each others company and meeting other visitors. Some were from NB, BC and even Texas. Later that evening we enjoyed the Quatorze Juillet celebrations which were a two minute walk away. The fireworks were excellent!

We met so many great people, visitors and locals. Two of the best were our hosts Patricia and her husband Bertrand. My partner needed to go to the convenience store and again because of the national holiday, most everything close to us was closed. Patricia called a taxi for him and when she found out he would have to wait for four runs to be completed before he could get a cab, she had her husband take him - a run that was halfway across the island. And on Sunday we asked if they would hold our bags until our ferry and she readily agreed - even though it meant they would have to come back to the hotel to let us in to retrieve them. Did it interrupt their day? Probably. But they never batted an eye. Above and beyond service for sure!

A few tidbits - I spoke (bad - lol!) French for most of our visit but my partner seemed to have little problem when I wasn't with him so I think most service people speak English. If you go for Bastille Day expect a trade-off as most things are closed - restaurants and bars are open but not much shopping is available. Bank cards don't work in bars or restaurants, only credit cards do. But there's a bank machine where you can get cash, a block away from the hotel. The location really was perfect!

I'd like to address the issue of cost that was raised by some other reviewers. We paid about $160 CAD a night. For that we got a clean, modern room that was beautifully decorated, a hot breakfast and impeccable service. We have paid as much for the last room in a hotel in Gander that was clearly transformed from a storage or utility room, judging by the extremely small size of it and the dated furnishings. And we got no breakfast and no service other than being checked in. I am a former flight attendant and have traveled extensively - this hotel is absolutely excellent for the price. I highly recommend it and will stay nowhere else the next time I return to St. Pierre. Merci beaucoup Patricia!

PS - I didn't upload any pictures because the pictures on their website are 100% accurate. Unlike many other hotels, this hotel looks exactly like the photographs management provides.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sporti883
Aurora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Nuits St Pierre is by far the best place to stay in St. Pierre. We stayed in the Victor Hugo suite and it was wonderful. Old world charm with modern ammenities. And who wouldn't love to have a bakery on the lower level. Truly the only place to consider staying at on the island. From cleanliness to decor, we cannot think of anything that did not exceed our expectations. A lot has been invested into this hotel and it does not disappoint.

Room Tip: The victor Hugo suite is located on the top level and therefore gets a cross breeze. Very important...
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

For the three days we were in Saint-Pierre (July 29 - August 1), my husband and I stayed at the Nuit Saint-Pierre.

There are a handful of hotels in Saint-Pierre. I chose this because it included breakfast and there was a shuttle to and from the airport (which is just minutes away). WIFI is free and there is a computer upstairs if you don't have your own laptop. The keyboard is in French, though, which was a bit challenging to use when I checked it out.

We had the Lamartine Room. It was very nice!

Breakfast was prepared in the kitchen every morning. Gord had a crepe a couple mornings. There are four rooms and a suite in the hotel so breakfast was a friendly affair in the mornings.

Patricia, the owner, has a tea room on the main floor so there were croissants for breakfast, along with yogurt, eggs, toast, fruit, coffee, tea, juice, etc.

Its location is great and we were able to walk everywhere. The boat to go to Langlade and Miquelon was just down the street, as is the ferry to Newfoundland. The cemetery is a short walk away. The restaurants are just around the corner.

Keep in mind that this is France, the plugs were different. We'd brought an adapter but it didn't work. Patricia was kind enough to lend us one.

If I could make one recommendation if you stay here, try to get a room that is facing the ocean as the rooms seem to be cooler. Our room faced the street and it was warm. There is no a/c but we did have a fan in our room that helped. By the third night, we discovered the best spot for it was at the end of bed on the settee blowing at us. In addition, we kept our room door open until bedtime to catch a cross breeze.

If/when I go back to Saint-Pierre, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Nuit Saint-Pierre.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Nuits Saint-Pierre? Share your experiences!