L'Auberge Saint-Pierre
Pension B&B Dodeman(Saint-Pierre)
TripAdvisor
Chez Marie-Jo(Saint-Pierre)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdinner reservationscroissantsvan tourtourist officefresh fruitgood luckno worriesbottle of red winelarger bathroompastry shopsstayed at this lovely hotelhigh reviewsferry terminalstandard roomwould definitely stay here againnice walkham
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had dinner at the L"Auberge on July 2nd. The food was excellent, the service friendly and the views divine. We had a drink outside admiring the views and then went inside for an outstanding dinner. Perfect!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel T
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Having read the wonderful reviews of this hotel, we were very surprised at the poor hospitality and customer service received when booking. I first requested availability May 16 for a booking in July.. . when I did not confirm, they emailed me on May 29 asking if I wanted a room and indicated that there were 6 rooms left. A few emails were exchanged, as I was unfamiliar with the area and I had a number of questions regarding the ferry, the location, the rooms etc. - nothing out of the ordinary. A few minutes afterwards, on May 29 they emailed saying 'unfortunately we are now fully booked for this period'. I tried to call them but because it was out of the country I was unable, I asked them to call me but they did not. I thought, surely there was a misunderstanding. How could they have booked 6 rooms in the span of 15 minutes ?

As it was one of the only hotels in the area, I asked my brother in law to inquire about availability for the same time period. He received an email promptly saying 'I would be happy to accommodate you' and there were still 5 rooms available. We had to stay at the hotel under my brother in laws name.

Other than the poor customer service and dishonesty received at the time of booking, the hotel stay was pleasant. The staff at the hotel were friendly during our stay. We enjoyed our time in Saint-Pierre overall.

Room Tip: Please keep in mind when booking that the standard room has a european double bed, quite a bit smaller than a Canadian double, and the shower stall was very tiny - these weren't major problems for us, but if they are for you then book a queen room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JennyMarieH
Bernard A, Propriétaire at L'Auberge Saint-Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

The staff at the 3 star Auberge Saint Pierre hotel is deeply disappointed to see such a negative comment tarnish the establishment's image, who has been warmly welcoming its clients for over 50 years. After verifying your registration today Ms. Holmes, it appears that indeed we made an error in the contact file which explains our negative reply to your request and we apologize for this exceptional mistake. We have absolutely no reason not to want to welcome you in our family run auberge. Despite our friendly exchange during your stay in our establishment, we regret that you did not talk to us directly about the problem and preferred posting on Tripadvisor which makes us appear as mistrusting. We are not insensitive to this incident and assure our customers that we are always ready to satisfy their highest expectations.

We always welcome feedback and consider it as constructive criticism.

All the same, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay

La Direction

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed one night at L'Auberge Saint-Pierre on Friday 20 June 2014. From the moment I called to make a reservation until the moment of my departure, I was greeted with the utmost hospitality. Email exchanges were prompt and friendly; I knew even before my arrival that I would be warmly welcomed at this Auberge. During my stay, Pierre was very helpful in providing restaurant and outing recommendations; he even called to make a dinner reservation for my friends and I. With regard to the quality of the Auberge, it is a beautiful and clean establishment. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Saint-Pierre. Thanks again to Pierre, Bénédicte and the entire staff for their hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank RoadRunnerCanuck
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My students and I have stayed here three times now. It is very clean, comfortable and located within walking distance of downtown. I love this place! They make you feel so welcome and the wifi is great! I would highly recommend this auberge for your stay in St. Pierre, the last bastion of colonial France in North America.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank elevation02
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife, daughter and I stayed for two nights at the Auberge de St. Pierre in March. One of our daughters was studying French at the Francoforum and we both wanted to see her as well as visit St. Pierre.
The staff were very friendly, fluently bilingual and very helpful. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed our breakfasts as well as receiving great information about St. Pierre from the staff, especially Bernardine. Merci bien pour votre assistance.
Kevin & Ellen H.