Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
  • Breakfast included
The SIS Kata(Kata Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)
4,532 results
All reviewsthani wingjunior suitecoconut barfisherman's wharfchom talaymassage ladiesocean frontsiam smiletuk tukkids clubthai restaurantkata townmini martrelaxing holidaygames roomour honeymoonmonsoon season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I actually stayed at this location with two coworkers (triple accommodation) over five years ago but have never forgotten what a beautiful and relaxing resort it was. From the other reviews, sounds like it is still worthwhile. Seemed a bit of a distance from the airport but we paid for transportation to/from the resort (by Mercedes) ahead of time. The pools, buffet restaurant and other venues were excellent. Thai friendliness and hospitality was evident all around. Lush tropical paradise looking out at the Andaman Sea with green foliage on the mountains behind us. Worth every cent (and it was fairly reasonable). Do go there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The reservation I made was for the katathani resort 5 stars, when we arrived the air conditioning was not working and the room smell terrible, when we asked to change our room they denied. We had to paid an upgrade after all this discomfort and when we paid the upgrade they took us to the real katathani!!! We were in a hostal across!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Floresclau
Katathani1, Guest Relations Manager at Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Floresclau,
Thank you for writing a review. We regret that we were not able to satisfy your expectations. We appreciate your feedback about the room condition and will take steps to include your concerns in our yearly improvements. We apologize for the issues that you faced. As a seaside property with high humidity, we do everything possible to limit the humidity in rooms and are working on new solutions. As we were fully booked for your room type during the period of your stay was it impossible to move for you to another room within the same price bracket, therefore changing rooms as per your request required moving you to the next higher room category which was the result of the fair price increase. I hope that you are able to understand the situation from our standpoint and that it did not cause you too much inconvenience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Katathani soon so that you may experience the new improvements on our rooms!
Best Regards,
Customer Relations Manager

Reviewed 7 April 2014

5 days is not enough in Phuket. I've been to Phuket a handful of times and I've partied, got drunk and stayed up all night, but this time, i'm relaxing. I booked my stay at Katathani because the last time I was in Phuket I found a secluded beach at Kata Noi and I fell in love. I was determined that the next time I come to Phuket I was going to stay at this beach front hotel.

7 years later I booked my room at Katathani, it was around $200+/night and it was expensive for me but I thought I'd splurge on my vacation and stay at this "beach front" hotel. Little did I know that there are 2 different sections of this hotel. The one I booked was not the beach front hotel. I was across the street from the beach. Now this might not seem like a big deal to you but to me it was HUGE! I was dreaming of coming here to stay right on the beach. The beach front rooms were a lot more expensive though. Oh well. So if you want to book a room here, please check out their map before you book.

Aside from my disappointment about the location of the room, I really enjoyed my stay here. When I first checked in, they gave me a room downstairs right by the pool. It smelled like mildew in the ventilation so I asked them to move me to the second floor which was 100 times better.

Breakfast here was awesome! I ate until my stomach was about to explode. They have a very wide variety food from porridge to omelette to pastries. Yummmm....

I had lunch and dinner at a few of the restaurants in the hotel and they were all fantastic. I ate food on the street a few times and I got sick on my 3rd day there. Luckily, the hotel had a full-time nurse there who could give me antibiotics to stop me from puking my guts out. They also have a really reasonable prices on massages on the beach. 5 days in phuket was not nearly enough! 2 days were spent on traveling, the hotel is about 2 hours from the airport. It took me almost a whole day to get here from Bangkok.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank u8mysteak
Reviewed 6 April 2014

me and my boyfriend spent a week in the Bhuri wing and we had an amazing time. immediately impressed by the size of the resort which looks like a village … The staff is friendly and helpful, the structure modern and sophisticated. There are kids around but you don't hear noises ..the atmosphere is quite and relaxing. I think it is a corner of heaven in Kata which looks messy and very touristic.

Room Tip: Bhuri wing is fine..I read bad reviews but my stay was perfect
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fedartuk
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Me and my wife spent here 6 marvellous and unforgettable days!! the hotel is pretty nice, even more if you stay at Kata Thani (and not Kata Buri) as you have an amazing ocean view with well and new furnished rooms. There are 6 swimming pools and 4/5 restaurants. We tried the international buffet and it was good. Breakfast are good as well with lots of variety of sweet salty and fruits. We appreciated a lot the live music at apertif, dinner and after dinner. Great singers both males and females! If back to Phuket again, we will spend here our holidays!!! sawadee kah!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple