“Excellent hotel and spa”

Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aldridge
GreenLeadersGold level
Cannock
“Excellent hotel and spa”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Regular visitor to this hotel and it's a delight to stay there and use the facilities it has to offer. Friendly staff good food good rooms. Sometimes busy with pamper groups but that shows the popularity of the hotel. Have also held functions there with up to 100 people attending for dinner and cannot fault the service given.

Room Tip: All rooms I have had are good
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
John P, Owner at Fairlawns Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
The fact you have supported us for a range of purposes and been equally pleased is fantastic.

Thanks for your comments - they act as a really positive reinforcement for the entire team.

Sentences like "Friendly staff , Good Food, Good Rooms" are just great to read and you can be assured that we will continue to work hard to further improve these standards.

John Pette Jnr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

i booked this hotel for a relaxing weekend for me and my partner , on arrival the man on the desk was lovley! we checked in to our room but it had some things we wasnt happy with so we called reception and was upgraded to a better room straight away which was so relieving! , and great service ! , we then ordered room service which was also great food and again polite staff! our room had a massive bed a flat screen tv big windows ! big bathroom with two sinks and dressing gown and slippers for the spa which also got replaced the same night for both me and my partner! we did have breakfast both days its an order service instead of buffet which i think is quite overpriced for what you get but it was good food , we did try the spa facilities which are AMAZING! there is sooo much choice! , 2 steam rooms , an outside sauna hub , a massive pool with loungers and a coffe bar next to them , heated aromatherapy loungers , foot spas and a choice of rituals for an extra price we chose the mud ritual which was lovley ! .. the gyms nice and you get a towel and locker key.. i can honestly say the STAFF make up this hotel 100000% they are GREAT AMAZING!!! .. and because there was work being done just by our room the manager sent us up a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine , i cannot get over the great service thanks fairlawns for a great weekend we will return!

Room Tip: the executive rooms are waaaay better than the normal standard rooms there is ALOT of difference!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
It is easy to look after lovely people!

AMAZING to hear that you enjoyed your stay and as ever the constructive comments you give are also greatly appreciated.

If you could spare the time to provide a greater depth of detail regarding breakfast I would really appreciate it - we are always looking for ways to improve and also to offer customers the best possible value for money. If prebooked -breakfast is charged at £10 per person. If you can spare the time please email johndp@fairlawns.co.uk

We look forward to seeing you again

Woodhall Spa
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This has to be the best hotel with Spa both myself and my wife have sayed in in this country. The Spa was superb with a never ending choice of acitivities and treatments. We were staying for my birthday and nothing disappointed, the hotel, the room with its four poster bed (room 74), the food and the staff were excellent with nothing being to much trouble. We shall return!!!!

FABULOUS!

Your feedback is really flattering and very kind, thankyou for coming to see us! We look forward to having you to stay again soon.

It is great that you had a nice time and that we played a small part in making your time together special.

John Pette
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed at the Fairlawns for our wedding anniversary and booked one the spa and stay packages. This package included an overnight stay, full use of the spa and gym area from 2pm on day of arrival to 5pm on day of departure. A treatment each, with a selection to choose from, a four course evening meal, continental breakfast served to your room and a light lunch on day of departure.
We arrived just after 2 and our room was ready for us to use. We walked along the corridor to our room and found that painting and decorating was taking place in the first part of the corridor. I was worried the whole hotel may look like this but soon found it was just this area of the corridor that had wet paint. The room was spacious with a very large bed on offer. A god sized desk area and full length mirror on the bathroom door. Everything was in working order and all clean. There was a room safe to use free of charge but no mini fridge. There was plenty of room for two arm chairs and coffee table also. The bathroom was a decent size, if a little odd in the shape of the room. Everything has a modern contemporary feel with touches of black everywhere. Shower was ok, it did tend to fluctuate in temperature I found.
The spa facilities are good. A very nice pool, though it could do with more seating. The different experience rooms on offer were ok. I guess I am comparing this to the Aqua Sana of Center Parcs though. I do not like the very hot steam rooms and sauna, so found I was quite limited to the rooms I wanted to use. The large foot spas were different and something I had not used before. I didn’t quite see the point of the other foot baths though, as these just poured water varying in temperature over your feet. They had a couple of heated loungers, which were nice, but they could have done with more of them, the same with the foot spas. They were building an extension, so maybe this will be the plan.
By far the best point of this hotel is its restaurant and food on offer. As a vegetarian, it is difficult to find good and inspiring food when you dine out. Here I was not disappointed and had my own menu to choose from. It is not very often I am actually spoilt for choice and didn’t know what to decide on. For starters we ordered scallops and water cress soup. Before this we were served with an appetiser of lemon sorbet for me and chicken terrene. A plentiful supply of fresh bread was also on offer.
For the mains I chose a mushroom dish, cooked three different ways. My husband ordered the sea trout. Both came with a selection of new potatoes, carrots and cauliflower cheese. Dessert was the brulee and chocolate. My husband sampled both and was very keen on the brulee. We were very impressed with the presentation, quality, taste and choice of food. The service was very good and all the staff paid attention to detail.
Overall we were both very impressed with the service we received from every member of staff who were all friendly, helpful and courteous. The spa facilities were nice, though it would have been better if it was over a larger area. The treatments we had (Swedish back massage and Indian head massage) were good and the therapists were knowledgeable on products and what ingredients they contained. The food is amazing and I am already looking to book here again to attend a Christmas party night. My two complaints are you don’t get fresh robes for your second day in the spa you have to re-use the damp ones from the day before. Also that you have no control over the air con after a certain time so the rooms do become hot at night.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your detailed report on the hotel.

This gives a detailed picture of our business and we are grateful for the feedback. In particular your kind comments relating to the facilities and service are appreciated. As is the fact you appreciated our vegetarian menu - we love to ensure guests who have specific dietary requirements are catered equally to those without them.

For other users - the pictures show a room which is typically allocated for guests staying on spa packages of who book a club/superior room.

Your constructive comments are really appreciated and received with great spirit - we are grateful for the feedback. I will discuss the comments regarding your robe with the team. We are currently working on increasing the seating areas so we hope you will feel the benefit of thie on your next visit.

We all hope to see you again soon - thankyou

Newcastle
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Me and my fiancee stayed at this hotel in October 2011 thanks to a win on McDonalds monopoly.

I must say this is one of if not THE best break i have ever had.
We travelled down from Newcastle Upon Tyne in the morning, checked in with ease and shown straight to our hotel room (which i think was one of the spa rooms).
We were greeted with a huge room, nice tele (with sky) on the wall, HUGE bed, half bottle of bubbly and 2 bottles of water. Perfect!.

We then checked into the spa area and immediately fell in love with the place. The corridors have nice relaxing blue lights and the smell of what we assume is lavender just adds to the atmosphere.

We then had our treatments which were the mud chamber and an aqua massage each. Felt very relaxed after these.

We then went down to the resteraunt which i can only describe as again the best food i have ever ate in a hotel. Everything was cooked to perfection and we didnt go away hungry.

Repeated the same thing the next day other than the treatments which were massages. We will definitely be coming back as soon as possible for the same stay as soon as i save up the cash to get us down there. the 3 and a half hour drive is WELL worth it.

Thanks guys and keep up the AMAZING quality of this brilliant hotel.

Room Tip: Spa rooms are PERFECT.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thankyou for your Amazing comments!

The most important thing for our business is our customers and your comments are a real support to us.

If you find the time to come and see us again, you can be sure that we will be doing everything we can to make sure that you have and equally amazing time, and I hope that you will see the benefit of the lots of work we have been doing to improve both our facilities and our service.

Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

I very first visited this hotel when I was a teenager and I fell in love with it instantly, I thought it to be so warm and friendly, and the food was to die for....I'll never forget that amazing coffee panacotta I had for dessert. Since then it's always been in my mind.

Fast forward a few years to 2007 when I met my boyfriend, (now husband) he wanted to take me for a very special meal before he got deployed to Afghanistan. Of course I immediately thought of the Fairlawns and decided we should go there. It was just as beautiful as I remembered and the food was even better!
We then said every year in January we will come back and have our anniversary meal here.

We finally got married in January 2010 and yet again he was going to be deployed back to Afghanistan, this time we decided that the day after our wedding we would stay over for the "exclusive spa stay" un be known to me my wonderful husband and the amazing staff upgraded us to the bridal suite, free of charge! The room was gorgeous, our own private balcony, seperate living room and four poster bed in our room, not to mention the corner bath and of course a complementary bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us!

We then went down to the spa and it was brilliant, The mud room is my favourite by far! They also provide a light lunch and pastries throughout the day which is delicious. The spa staff were always around to help with anything we needed and the ones giving us treatments made us feel very comfortable. The pool is also a decent size with plenty of seating and there is also a little area there to get drinks etc.

Now for our evening meal, we had balloons on our table and yet another bottle of complimentry champagne! The food was, as always exquisite and the staff couldn't have done more for us. It really is such a warm and friendly place to be in.

We wouldn't want to go anywhere else for our anniversary and although because of my husband being in the forces it means we move around all over the country, every year in January you can guarantee we will always find ourselves back at the Fairlawns!
Never a disappointment.

• Stayed January 2012
We always love to welcome people back to the hotel and its great to hear that we meet your expectations 'year after year'.

As a family and a team here at the hotel we are always trying to improve and raise standards and the fact you continue to support us and that we delight you is fantastic!

We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

milton keynes
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We have just spent a lovely Anniversary weekend at Fairlawns courtesy of a BuyaGift voucher from our daughter. From the time of booking by phone to our arrival at Reception - the welcome and professionalism of the staff was excellent. We had a lovely room and the chilled champagne was waiting alongside some delicious chocolates. Nothing was too much trouble and when there was a problem with the shower - not something the Hotel could have foreseen - we were immediately moved to another room and given a bottle of wine with our dinner. The pool and spa area were lovely and provided much needed relaxation. The evening meal was superb & again, the staff could not be more helpful or friendly wherever you meet them. We needed a gap between courses to re-charge - not a problem! We had a lovely walk using one of the hotel maps after breakfast next morning - really lovely area. Thank you all but especially Dave who sorted out room change for us and chatted whilst taking our dinner order. You made us feel special and made our weekend just right. Definitiely a place we would come back to.

John P, Owner at Fairlawns Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
We take the responsibility of looking after people on special occasions really seriously and it is great to delight both you, and the person who bought you the gift, by providing you with a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We sell vouchers directly from the hotel or via the website and from time to time through other companies also.

I am pleased that Dave was a big help during your stay and added to the enjoyment you experienced. Like you - we think he is a star!

See you next year?

John Pette
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldridge
New Hall Hotel & Spa
New Hall Hotel & Spa
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,161 reviews
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Moxhull Hall
Moxhull Hall
#1 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to Fairlawns Hotel And Spa? Share your experiences!