We booked to stay for a night away on the dinner, bed and breakfast option. On arrival, check in was nice and easy and we were upgraded to one of the newer suites. The room we were given was fantastic! It had two storeys, had air-con and it was very modern and fresh! I was also a huge fan of the tiny spotlights above the bath! The room was definitely made for relaxing in, we couldn't have asked for better!
We enjoyed an afternoon in the spa and we did treat ourselves to a bathing treatment. Lovely spa, with fab facilities- I loved the feature showers!
The food in the restaurant is amazing and the chefs do a fantastic job! We had the three course dinner, so I had the mussels starter, beef main and creme brulee desert (which also comes with a mini homemade donut- so good!) and they were all cooked beautifully! It was the additional touches that added to it, including the amuse bouche and scallop taster that was also served- I've never eaten so well!
We also had breakfast in the restaurant, which was delicious! We opted for the cooked breakfast, and what a breakfast! I'd read a lot of good reviews before going and it did not disappoint. It was huge! The food was cooked perfectly, and I particularly loved the sausages and black pudding- the breakfast chef, Fiona, did a superb job!
The service during dinner and breakfast was excellent, and the staff are so friendly - we were even treated to a glass of bubbles!
Overall we loved our stay, the room was brilliant, the food was superb, the service was brilliant and the spa is perfect! The only problem is that I didn't want to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairlawns is a family owned and operated independent and individual 4 star property. We offer proper hospitality across our facilities which include 60 4 star bedrooms (with suite upgrades available), award-winning restaurant, luxurious spa, adult health club (open to all residents), extensive events facilities and landscaped grounds complement our family and long service team run hotel. We have a central location just outside Walsall (20 minutes north of Birmingham) and are close to Sutton Coldfield, Lichfield and Wolverhampton. Bedrooms all offer the modern facilities that you would expect. Free parking, Free Wi-fi and free health club membership. We welcome guests looking to celebrate occasions, relax, rest and rejuvinate. Business or pleasure we hope to offer hospitality that makes you feel valued and that keeps people saying the nicest things about Fairlawns ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairlawns Hotel And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairlawns Hotel And Aldridge
- Fairlawns Hotel Aldridge
- Fairlawns Hotel And Spa Aldridge, Walsall