“excellent British fare”

Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Aldridge
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Never been able to get a seat in this place although I only live 5 minutes away now they have introduced bookings our family got a 5 pm slot
With a varied selection of food from enormous Sunday roasts to lasagne and gorgeous rotisserie cooked chicken there was something for everyone
We we were served quickly and the food was excellent ,
also a wide selection of real ales were on tap as well as numerous soft drinks

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had a meal on Sunday at the Old Irish Harp and as always it was very good, The starters were nice but a little on the small size for my appetite, I had the Prawn Cocktail and although I like the presentation the portion was small for the price. I ordered the rotisserie chicken which was great, very juicy with a very nice sweet corn fritter as an accompaniment,
My one concern was the desert which was described as Jam rolly poly which in my 60 years of life has always been a round pudding with jam running through it, this was served as a square of cake with a jam over the top. it was very nice but not really what I ordered.
Staff as always were very good and the service excellent.
Overall a very good meal in a nice pub.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We met some friends and had booked a table which we were fortunate to have been placed in the conservatory. Very pleasant room.

We shared a starter and this was really nice and just enough for the four of us. Main courses were fine for the price. We had various meals a rib eye steak on the specials menu; pasta with chicken, we did feel the meat was a little dry though. One of our group had meatballs and this was a huge meal compared to other plates. However all food was eatable and came hot.

Staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful.

It suits all ages and the service was really good, staff cannot help enough.

It was ideal for us meeting friends and it being in a central position and very easy to locate.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have a severe seafood allergy and struggle to find pubs where I can eat safely, I was impressed that their website had an allergy menu and when I ordered my food they were accommodating to my specific requirements, staff were very friendly and the food was lovely at a very good price, will definitely be going there again

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Booked a table for 7. Seated quite early half past 5 and our drinks order was taken straight away, we were then checked on twice to order our meals allowing us time to change our minds a few times due to the lovely menu. We ordered 5 adult meals two steaks, one burger, one Rotisserie chicken and one fish and chips along with 2 children's meals and a round of drinks. The waitress was attentive and polite without being intrusive. Drinks were swift to our table and the food was hot and fresh. We ordered further rounds of drinks with ease and they were again swift to the table.The staff are polite and friendly and the Manager was clearly present on the restaurant floor. Great value, food and service. Tip it does get very busy about 7p.m even on a weekday so booking is advised and also for larger groups as large tables are limited without arrangement.

1  Thank Sally C