“We loved it”
Review of The Fairlawns Spa

The Fairlawns Spa
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Aldridge
More attraction details
Owner description: The Fairlawns Spa is a luxurious addition to Fairlawns Hotel and Health Club and we recommend making the most of it by booking one of our exclusive days or stays.Our days are designed for you to do as little or as much as you wish with full use of our extensive facilities. Choose to lie back and relax by the pool, tone in one of our extensive exercise suites or simply indulge with a pampering treatment. Everything is provided for you from a comfy robe, towels and slippers to a delicious lunch and a selection of unlimited refreshments throughout the day.Should you wish to make a reservation or have any further queries our spa team would be happy to help you.
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“We loved it”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I visitied the spa in September 2013 and had a really fantastic time with my partner. The whole place is spotlessly clean and has lots of different areas and things to do. My partner has a very stressful job and so the visit here was a treat to help him relax. It must have worked because he said the night he spent int he hotel was one of the best nights sleep he had had in a long time.
I would have liked to have seen a Jacuzzi and i thought it was odd that for one of the saunas you have to have a token from reception which we weren't told about before we went into the spa and the sauna is a long way away from the reception. But other than those small details the Spa here is excellent.

Thank you Fairlawns for a truly fantastic experience.

Visited September 2013
VictoriaFairlawns, Manager at The Fairlawns Spa, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Kate, Thank you so much for making the time to review, we are so happy you loved the spa and glad you had a relaxing time away from all the stresses! Your comments regarding the sauna have been taken on board, you can use it without the tokens...but these do enhance the treatment and this should have been explained in full to you. To support this we have now got some signs in the facility to make sure everyone is aware of how to enjoy and enhance the infra red treatment so really appreciate the feedback.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

With thanks, Victoria Pette.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Extremely Relaxing !”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I only used the pool and sauna/steam rooms - but I found these clean and the staff most helpful and accommodating.

Visited September 2013
VictoriaFairlawns, Manager at The Fairlawns Spa, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your visit, I am so pleased you had a relaxing time and that both the cleanliness and the staff delivered as we would hope that they would! It is a huge team effort and we thank you for taking the time to let both us and our customer know. We do hope we get the opportunity to look after you again.

With thanks, Victoria Pette
London, United Kingdom
“Spa treatment”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I visited the Spa at Fairlawns a little while ago now for a Gel manicure and pedicure. It took a long time (2.5hrs!) as they only had one person doing the treatment (usually I have these done by two people at the same time), plus the therapist cured two nails at a time, I've never experienced this before although she said it was because the varnish dries very quickly, and she also had to take the gel off one nail and start again which extended the time further. I wasn't impressed at all by what I saw of the spa, it was a little uncomfortable the way they were doing it as there wasn't anywhere to rest my arms properly for the manicure and it wasn't in any way a relaxing environment, it feels as though it's set up in a corridor (for nail treatments) with people walking in and out constantly. I'd never had Jessica gel before so had called up beforehand to enquire as to the range of colours to which they told me the had 'all colours', after checking on the Jessica website I was happy with that. When I arrived the colours were very limited, I chose the only neutral colour on offer but was told there wasn't enough left in the bottle and no back-ups - really surprising for a spa like the Fairlawns! In the end I had to go for a bright colour which wasn't what I wanted but it did look pretty nonetheless! I paid a whopping £90 for both treatments expecting a proper manicure and pedi as well as the gel polish. I did receive nail prep and a little massage but I've had much better at other places.

To my disappointment, the gel started chipping away within 2-3 days with one whole nail peeling off. I called to arrange to get them soaked off to which they told me I would have to pay! I explained that the gel was coming off only a couple of days after treatment and to the credit of the spa (Victoria I think) they did offer to redo the whole treatment, which I booked in. However, before I could get back the gel was coming off at an alarming rate including on my toes!! (Normal nail polish lasts longer!) I think that possibly the gel was applied too thickly which caused it to come away, and I decided not to take their offer of getting them re-done, mainly because I couldn't bare to spend another 2.5hrs for what I thought was a poor treatment and with a limited offer of colours.

Overall, a really disappointing treatment which I wouldn't recommend. I would be willing to accept I could have been an exception with the gel coming off so quickly and they did offer to redo the nails for free so I can't fault the customer service, but this aside I still wouldn't recommend as the treatment itself wasn't amazing - which is what I'd expect for £90.

Dear Anna,

Thank you for your feedback following your treatment at Fairlawns Spa. We were so disappointed to receive your original phone call and to have heard that you did not have the experience and the results you have every right to expect when visiting us. Most importantly we are sorry that we were unable to put it right for you in anyway as we would have been delighted to do this. Obviously I made an appointment to remove the gel that evening and we were disappointed that you did not show up and despite several calls to you did not get back in touch to give us this opportunity to put it right.

We do offer 25 colours for the gels but are sorry the selections did not suit and that the therapist was not more proactive in ensuring the selection was clear. We do have several neutrals but the lightest and the French manicures are not displayed on the individual sticks. I can tell this was not fully explained to you as clearly all the options were not discussed with you and I am extremely sorry, based on this feedback I will ensure clearer communication is much clearer to our customers. We have also looked in to making a more relaxed nail area and have made our new ‘Nail Bar’ into an exclusive area for one customer to have a manicure or pedicure.

We do allow two hours for the treatment so your treatment did overrun which is likely due to the difficulty our therapist had with the gels (which I agree sound like they were applied to thick). I have looked at similar places offering Geleration and the timing and the procedure are fairly standard, the manicure and nail prep is basic, but essential as we are limited to the types and amounts of products we can use as it can affect how long the gel lasts.

Your visit did not live up to the standards that we have built our business on and we remain sorry for this. Clearly we did not offer the results that we want to do, and you can be absolutely assured that as per my voicemails we really did want to find a way to resolve it. If this had not been by fully redoing the treatment at a time to suit yourself I would have happily discussed an alternative with you. We only want to please our customers and although you have preferred to air your grievances on such a public forum this offer does still stand. If you would like to contact me personally on 01922 450707 or via email victoriap@fairlawns.co.uk I would still be delighted to put it right for you.

With kind regards, Victoria Pette
Walsall, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 876 helpful votes
“Impressive”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Finally made fuller use of these facilities as part of the 'Stay and Dine' package. Very impressed indeed. Pool was clean. Service was superb. Steam room and sauna were impressive. Facilities are excellent. If the cost was not so high I would seriously consider becoming a full-time member. Well worth trying out if you stop at the Fairlawn's.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank LeeBakerLegion
VictoriaFairlawns, Manager at The Fairlawns Spa, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you Lee for your kind comments, we are so pleased you were able to make the most of the facilities on this visit and do hope we get the opportunity to look after you again! We love it when our hotel guests can really make the most of their time here as we know how valuable leisure time is!

With regards to your comments regarding membership we do sit in the middle pricewise when compared to the local heath clubs, and are certainly not the most expensive so if you would like further details on this please don't hesitate to contact the Fairlawns Club on 01922 450709 and they will be happy to talk through the options. We offer a fair price policy to all members so unlike other clubs you will never end up sat in the steam room with anyone on a better deal than you...which we think is reassuring!

We appreciate all the support to the business Lee and thank you for taking the time to revie,

With thanks, Victoria Pette
Cannock
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Great facilities”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We enjoyed everything spa, sauna, pool, gym etc
Cleanliness of the facilities and friendliness of staff are second to nine

Visited June 2013
2 Thank KimDavid24
VictoriaFairlawns, Manager at The Fairlawns Spa, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you Kim and David for your review of our spa. Cleanliness is a daily challenge for everyone is this industry and we are so pleased our efforts have been rewarded with such a positive comment, thank you so much for taking the time to write it and it means a lot to us.
We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope we can welcome you on a future occasion.

Many thanks, Victoria