The Old School Keele B&B
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central(Newcastle-under-Lyme)(Great Value!)
US$49
Travelodge
Clayton Lodge Hotel(Newcastle-under-Lyme)
US$61
US$57
Agoda.com
Borough Arms Hotel(Newcastle-under-Lyme)
US$77
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6(Newcastle-under-Lyme)
US$83
US$81
  • Pool
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Room Service
Plough Motel(Stoke-on-Trent)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfresh fruitrooms are lovelyoatcakescooked breakfastdouble bedroomfull english breakfastlittle touchesselection of cerealsfree wifiexcellent hostessvaluniversitystaffordshirenervestoasterloaves
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I had the good fortune at staying at this B&B for four nights during my son's visit to Keele University for a soccer tournament. The room I stayed in was large and comfortable. While the bathroom was across the hall, it was large and private. Everything was kept immaculately clean and the facilities were modern.
Val was an excellent hostess. The breakfast was large and excellent. I asked Val if she minded letting my 13 year old son come to breakfast one morning and she not only agreed but had a place set him for at the table the next morning. Val also allowed me to attach my computer to the television in the dining room/study.
The pub across the street was an added plus, as they were very friendly and served good food. I highly recommend the Old School to anyone coming to this area. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms. I never saw the other bedroom. The room I was in faced the street where the bus stops, but a fan which Val provided due to the warm temperatures covered up any street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Largoni
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed here following a friends wedding and it was absolutely perfect. The rooms are lovely and cosy, absolutely spotless and our bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic - more than we could eat. Val, the owner, is hospitable and really helpful. This is one of the best B&Bs I've ever stayed in.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shanlin123
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We've booked this B&B 2 nights before, asked to arrive late in the evening as we just used it as a stop on our way to Lake District. There was no problem in arriving late and we could park our car within the "school's" car park. Val is very friendly and our room was very neat, comfortable and had a nice bathroom. Our breakfast in the morning was copious , all fresh (excellent mushroom), strawberries, nespresso,.... wow! I would ilk to thank Val again for our wonderful stay. This is a superb B&B! We'll be back , but for longer this time :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vanni75
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Only booked for one night but thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Nothing was too much trouble for Val and she made us feel very welcome, especially as we asked if we could have breakfast a little earlier for our little daughter! The room was warm, clean and cosy and our private bathroom was nice and clean also. There was lots of choice for breakfast and the nespresso coffee machine was excellent. The house is set in idyllic village surroundings and couldn't be nicer. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Stuart J
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Can't think how this could have been improved! Warm welcome from Val, with a really comfortable bed in a nice warm room. Separate bathroom but only for my use, with large bath, good shower and plenty of luxury towels. Coffee from fantastic Nespresso machine plus tea, available to help ourselves to in the dining room in the evening. The cooked breakfast was a treat, with a big choice available, all freshly prepared. Fresh fruit, including strawberries, good yoghurt, choice of cereals, fruit juices, fresh bread and toaster all provided to help yourself to. The building is full of character and Val is a lovely hostess. Everything is of a really high standard and the rooms were very clean. A really great B and B, I hope I will need accomodation in that area again!

Room Tip: There are only two rooms, on both occasions I stayed I was on my own but had a big comfy double bed
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business