We stayed in this hotel with 5 other friends for the stock car F1 final for 3 nights.
we arrived early afternoon on friday night and booked to eat in the hotel restaurant. All six of us sat down and only 5 of us actually ordered food. We spent in total about £98 between us all. We were a little shocked to see we had a service charge of £10 added to our bill, we had read that for a party of 6 dining that an "optional" service charge "may" be applied.
We had a few drinks outside on the decking area and then retired to bed. The rooms looked nice but when we got into bed the matresses were the worst i have ever slept on. If you felt the sides of the mattresses you could feel every single spring. They felt like really cheap mattresses. I am 4½ months pregnant and because of the bed i woke every ½ hour with pain in my hips from whichever side i happened to eventually fall asleep on. Its not like i could even have a few acoholic beverages to try and numb the pain with being pregnant! Even my partner struggled to sleep and he usually has no trouble sleeping! By the third night i dreaded going to bed and even tried to sleep on the floor, sat up in bed and at one pint contemplated sleeping in the car! I was even sick on the third morning as i was so tired (yes i know i am pregnant but the mornig sickness stopped a long time ago).
Some of the staff looked down their noses at us and were rude and obnoxious.
At breakfast i noticed some of the other guests sat on the next table received a warm "Good morning" and we got a grumbled "morning". Were we not good enough? the waitress was that disinterested in what we were ordering she got it wrong and i had to send it back. Our friends didnt even get all they ordered even after asking for it twice to be told it was on it's way, never came, they forgot.
I was asked on checkout if we had enjoyed our stay and i told the receptionist no and explained why. She did refund the service charge but to be honest i would have liked to have had at least one nights stay refunded, it was that bad! In fact we opted to go out "anywhere" other than stay at the hotel and get looked down on.
So no to sum up our stay i would not recomend to anyone or return to this hotel until new beds were put in place and staff were properly trained. I could go on..
Terrible, i do hope the manager replies to this review and offers some kind of explanation, that would be a start!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the edge of the village of Ecton, on the A4500 midway between Northampton and Wellingborough, this boutique-style residence provides comfortable, modern rooms, alongside great food, beers and wine. The modern rooms at the AA 4-star Worlds End feature LCD TVs, tea/coffee, broadband internet access, under-floor heating and a private bathroom with bath and shower. Take time to relax in the bar areas, or enjoy a meal in the contemporary restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your The World's End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The World`s End Hotel Northampton
- Worlds End Northampton
- Worlds End Hotel Northampton