“Business Stopover”
Review of The World's End

The World's End
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ecton
Reviewed 15 March 2013

A country inn with rooms where you are always afforded a warm welcome. The rooms are small but clean, tidy & comfortable. Free wifi throughout makes it perfect for the business traveller. Food is excellent and some decent real ales as well.
Only drawback (& minor one) the TVs in the rooms are cheap & very small - take your laptop / iPad & watch TV on those instead.

Room Tip: Car park facing room upstairs
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for your positive review and continued custom, we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Beautiful Hotel and Excellent Food.
Food was amazing and service was fabulous. We had both dinner and breakfast in the Restaurant and was Superb.
Would definately recommend and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the positive review and recommendation

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I booked the Worlds End Hotel online after looking for a hotel in the area near Milton Keynes Shopping Centre, I was looking for a relaxing quite weekend break away for myself and my partner.
We arrived at the hotel and was welcomed by the friendly staff, We parked no problem and for free which is always a bonus. As the weather was nice we sat outside in the family friendly garden which was very relaxing and peaceful. The waitresses were very attentive in collecting glasses and taking additional orders.
We booked a table in the hotel's restaurant, the menu had lots of variety and choice, I am a fussy eater but didn’t struggle to find something I like and when I asked if I could tweak the order this was no problem. We ordered a starter, main and dessert all 3 were mouth watering, The food was stunning. We had eaten at Marco Piers a few days prior and my partner commented the steak was 100 times better. I’d go back for the food alone.
The Hotel room was lovely and spacious and decorated very modern, Most of all the room was spotless, The bed was very comfy and we had a super night’s sleep.
Breakfast the next morning was equally as nice as Dinner the night prior, served and presented nicely there was lots of variety.
Overall we had a brilliant stay at the hotel and I would thoroughly recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to stay, My brother has recently been on my recommendation and also loved it. When there we also met the owner Andy who was very pleasant and made us feel so welcome as did all his team.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the great review, and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We had a meal in a group of six with some friends. The interior of the restaurant was very nice. My wife and I arrived early and enquired if our friends were already at the table. The man who I assume was the manager wasn't very warm and polite and seemed arrogant. We were more than appropriately dressed and very polite. I didn't say anything to my wife but as soon as we walked into the bar for a drink whilst we waited for our friends she also commented on his lack of courtesy. We had to wait 35 minutes for someone to take our order and when they did the waitresses who served us during our meal weren't friendly either. The food was fine but grossly overpriced considering its quality. This is the first time I have ever written feedback as I am not easily annoyed but given the lack of service, notably from who I assume is the manager and the lack of value we all agreed that we would not be returning.

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve943

Thank you for posting a review, I am always keen to hear feedback on guest experiences, and although I was not on duty at the time you visited it does seem to appear that our service levels fell short on this occasion. I am generally proud of the reputation for good food and service we have built up over the last 7 years and hope that you will return to give us another try

Reviewed 12 February 2013

A fantastic hotel with a great modern look and feel. The rooms are very comfortable, functional and smart and its a great place to stay if your travelling on business. The restaurant served good food at a reasonable price and all the staff were polite and attentive. Free Wifi is also an added bonus. I really have no complaints about the place and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book the rooms facing the car park not facing the road if your a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for posting a positive review, we are generally proud of our reputation and I am pleased you had a pleasant experience with us and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Had just a nights stay here, but found it to be ideal for my needs. Easy check in, ample parking, free wi fi at a decent speed in all rooms, afordable good quality evening meal, nice ale on hand pump, large comfy bed, well equipped room and a top quality cooked breakfast. Location is quiet and rural but close to the M1. Will i return? Certainly

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Thank you for your comments, we are always interested in our customers thoughts on TWE

Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husbad and myself visit friends in Earls Barton, which is a village close to this hotel.We have used this hotel before and have always found it to be a first class hotel. I believe it is a family run hotel and from the minute you enter you are made so welcome. The rooms are of a good size with a good sized en suite, with lovely large soft bath towels. The breakfast is first class. They also have a very good dinning room if you wish to eat your evening meal there. For a small hotel in a village, you can't go wrong staying there. I would recomend it to any one who wishes a weekend break

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review and we hope to see you at TWE again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ecton
5 mi away
#7 of 27 in Northampton
Holiday Inn Northampton
Holiday Inn Northampton
#13 of 27 in Northampton

Been to The World's End? Share your experiences!