“Delightful Afternoon Tea”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ecton
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Delightful Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We booked to have afternoon tea for our whole family to celebrate my wife's birthday, Twenty adults and six children had the private use of the main dining room and everything went smoothly. Generous quantities of sandwiches,scones and cakes were freshly made on the premises and presented nicely as a buffet. The staff were helpful without being obtrusive and we had no sense of being rushed out when it was time to leave. On reflection I would have preferred to have had the food served at the tables and for waiting staff to serve the tea and coffee, but that was not TWE's fault. I am sure if we had asked for that they would have provided it that way. Overall we had an excellent afternoon and we will use TWE again as it is on our doorstep.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Hi Simon

I am pleased you enjoyed your afternoon with us, it is always a pleasure serving you and your guests.
I hope to see you again very soon

Regards

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We booked this hotel after family members had recommended it to us and after we had eaten in their restaurant several times. Our daughter got married on Saturday the 25th of May 2013. From our first meeting with Rosie the wedding organiser everything went as smoothly as we could have wished. On the day itself Rosie was there very early to meet the Florist and the hire company to help ensure the restaurant was laid out just as our daughter wished. The food both at the wedding breakfast and the evening buffet was first class. All of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed it and that's really saying something for family and friends as particular as ours, our only minor gripe was the time taken to serve all of the guests their meals, but they didn't seem to mind and indeed said they preferred to wait a little longer and have it served hot and well cooked. My wife and I would have no hesitation in recommending the Worlds End and indeed we look forward to eating in their lovely restaurant many times in the future. On behalf of my wife and I , our daughter , our new son in law and all of our guests, thank you to all of the staff and management for helping to make our daughters big day special.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lillington1
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for posting such a positive review, we always strive to make guests experiences special and I am glad that we achieved that on this occasion and we hope to see you again soon
Cinderford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Just returned from 2 nights at this boutique hotel and it has left me with mixed feelings. The welcome was not very friendly as the "gentleman" on reception was a little on the abrupt side. However the room was ready and was adequate for our stay. The TV was minute and free standing which would make it ideal for the light fingered. The meal that evening was pleasant but nothing exceptional ( quite pricey). The wine was expensive but the beers if ordered before 7pm were on the Happy Hour.
At breakfast the next day neither of us could even cut the sausage and this was a combination of tough skin and blunt knives.
We were there for a wedding and the meal at the reception was quiet good.
The beds were certainly not the most comfortable I've slept but were clean.

Room Tip: Ask for non road side
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I assure you that your comments have been taken on board and will assist me with future training etc.
I am slightly surprised by your comments as I received many wonderful comments from the wedding guests including a very positive tripadvisor review from the father of the bride
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Having booked a weekend at Santa Pod Raceway, we needed a convenient Hotel to stay.
Prior to arrival the communication was excellent and from arrival onwards things just got better.
Large car park at the rear, close to rooms so no hauling bags too far. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful and the room large, clean quiet and airy - Just what we wanted.

We had supper there on Friday and after a couple of drinks in Happy Hour, had two of the best T-Bones we have had for a while accompanied by a great bottle of Pinot noir
Breakfast every morning was spot on - Buffet style drinks and cereal, then freshly cooked what ever you wanted.

Absolutly delighted with our stay, all the staff especially the breakfast waitresses made our stay everything it could be.

Well done everyone - We will be back !!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Robbo
Thank you for posting such a positive review, we have worked hard to perfect our food and service over the years and it was a pleasure serving you.
I hope you will visit us again soon
Regards
Andrew
london
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Came for a meal last week. The food was average, the onion rings are to be avoided. Service was slack and at times rude. I ordered a bottle of Reisling, when someone finally returned with it I was asked "is this what you were on about?".

• Stayed May 2013
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
I am sorry that your experience on this occasion was not up to your expectations, we pride ourselves on good quality food and service so I am disappointed to read your review, I have addressed the issues you have raised and I am sure this was a one off situation.
I do hope that you will give us another try

Travellers are raving about these Ecton hotels

Essex
Reviewed 20 May 2013

First impressions on arrival were good - large car park at rear of building and well appointed interior. Hotel rooms are in a building adjoining the main part of the hotel by covered walk way. Bedrooms are a good size and comfortable bed. We overlooked the car park to the rear and the room was very quiet. Great breakfast included with good choice of hot menu all freshly prepared.

Room Tip: Ask for room to rear to avoid traffic noise - although it didn't seem a particularly busy road.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for posting such a positive review and we hope you visit us again soon
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Was here as a guest of another company. Easy to find on the edge of the village adjoining the main road.

Rooms are well appointed and quite spacious and set apart from the main building a connected by a short covered walk way. Nice powerful shower and the bed was comfortable. Free wi-fi in the rooms.

Restaurant was laid out well and although I didn't eat in the evening, there were no complaints over breakfast.

The bar is the other side of reception but only a short walk from the restaurant.

A small quirk is that there is a room off the bar area and through which you have to walk to get to the nearest toilets. This room had 3 settees in it and was very dark such that it almost seemed deliberately darkened and when I walked through their were three young couples in there and it almost seemed as if you were walking in on them.

Only other niggle and this was a bit of a bug bear was that in the room there is an emergency light that I guess comes on in the event of a power failure and that had a small but very bright green bulb in it that was far too bright when all the lights were off. I assume it was there just to make sure you knew where to find the exit in the middle of the night but it was several times too bright and when I asked others I was staying with they said the same.

So a note to the management - get it sorted!

But overall would stay there again but would bring something to stick over the light!

Room Tip: I don't think it matters as they are all in the same modern block to my knowledge.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for posting a review, we are always pleased to hear about guest experiences and we hope to see you again soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ecton
The Poplars Hotel
#8 of 29 in Northampton
Sedgebrook Hall
Sedgebrook Hall
#1 of 1 in Chapel Brampton

Been to The World's End? Share your experiences!