“Sunday lunchtime heaven”

The World's End
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ecton
“Sunday lunchtime heaven”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Had Sunday lunch at the works end this Sunday with all my family. There's not many that can top my wife's roasts but the 28day sirloin roast beef and mountainous Yorkshire pudding do a good job. The staff are friendly and welcoming, the prices are very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food and drink on offer. With a fantastic hotel adjoining, live music on Friday evenings and an excellent well stocked bar, it's hard to believe you could find anything better in the area. Keep up the great work!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Our Sunday lunches, we think are great value too at 2 courses for £11.95 so thank you for posting such a positive review and hope to see you again soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here a lot of times, and I can honestly say I haven't had a bad meal yet. I had my 30th birthday meal here in march this year 2013, we have spent New Years here and also our yearly family meal get together,which we always come to the worlds end, because everyone enjoys it. The food is always tasty and presented well with a great choice for all. The service is always fantastic and the ambience of the room is delightful. We look forward to having our annual family meal here in December this year!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thanks for the great review, we always work hard to make guests experiences memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I regularly go the the TWE its one of my most favourite lunch time haunts. The food is always top notch and never disappointed. I recently went at night with my partner and teenage sons with girlfriends and my daughter had just finished a night shift and didn't want to come out, the TWE made sure she was looked after and she had a fantastic takeaway Pizza.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for posting such a positive review and hope to see you here again soon
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have just returned from 3 nights on a B& B Basis £90 per night and in all honesty it just is not worth it. Isolated on the old Wellingborough Road I found it to be noisy upon arrival with the room I had been allocated. The reception was extremely untidy and gave first impressions of not caring. In fairness the reception did address this and changed me to a room away from the "A" Road which adjoins the hotel. I have no qualms with the staff, in fact found those that I dealt with to be very pleasant. The rooms however were not and should not be in the price bracket that I paid.
1. Waifer thin walls enabling me to hear every movement from the occupant in the rooms either side.
2. Shower head was caked in limescale.
3. The plug in the sink was broken, and I could not use this facility for 3 days - Having reported it as broken on my first morning, it stilll was not repaired by the time I checked out.
4. Bar prices I found to be extortionate. I drank a pint of Orange Juice and Lemonade (Cartoned Juice and Post mix Lemonade and was charged £4 00 ( When I checked my bill upon departure and queried it,I was told that I had had J20 which I clearly hadn't.
5. The Breakfast layout was totally uninviting with dirty teaspoons, no serviettes, fruit salad,fresh fruit, hams or cheeses etc.

This is not an establishment that I would recommend at the pricess being charged.

Room Tip: I only stayed in 1 room and did not enjoy it at all. Request a room away from the road and take som...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris S
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us on this occasion, we are proud of our reputation and have many customers that return to us regularly. I hope you will give us another try in the future

Travellers are raving about these Ecton hotels

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from Ecton /Northamptonshire as we were staying for a motor racing event, and are really pleased we chose to stay at the Worlds End.

When we initially arrived we were checked into a room (18) which backs onto the main road at the front of the place, which was slightly noisy but I am sure we would have gotten used to it. However we didn't need to, as we had a quick word with the staff who moved us without any question to the 'car park' side of the hotel (room 6) which was far quieter and much more pleasant!

The rooms are nice, clean and tidy with smart decor, the only comment I would make would be maybe a slightly bigger tv? But not a big issue really!

We ate in the restaurant which was beautiful, myself and my partner had a fillet steak, both were cooked beautifully, very good food indeed! Lovely atmosphere and staff, and it was lovely to have a nice bottle of wine and be able to stumble back to our room and listen to the freezing cold November wind!

Breakfast was lovely this morning, cooked to order and done just how I asked for!

Lovely place, would definitely return / recommend, thanks for a lovely stay :-)

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank n1kla
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

A hidden gem in the Northamptonshire countryside. Excellent venue for all your needs, weddings, birthdays, business meetings, etc. rooms are clean, comfortable and very stylish.
The restaurant serves food of an incredibly high standard.
Award winning chef too!!
Great to just pop in for a drink and bar meal. Super garden for the children to play in. Plenty of outdoor seating for Summer use.
All in all, a very pleasant place with excellent service from the staff and management alike.
Worth a visit or treat yourself to an overnight stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thanks for leaving us a positive review, we all work hard here to achieve the highest of standards and it is very satisfying when customers appreciate our offering. We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Reviewed 23 October 2013

It was not a good start, no one in reception, so I had to go looking for any/some staff to be able to check in. Eventually found someone in the kitchens! Wasn't much better tbh, I got a graceless unhelpful reception, did what they had to do, no more. This turned into a theme in fact, as when I later tried to contact reception, I got no response, despite letting the phone ring for a good 3 or 4 minutes! However, the upside was they have a new chef, who clearly knows what he's doing, our dinner and breakfast could not be faulted in any way. Our bed not so good I'm afraid, seen a bit too much action! The waitresses and breakfast staff were very friendly and fairly attentive, but front of house, is a different story altogether, they need reminding about customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for posting a review. Please accept my apologies for the lack of service on reception when you checked in. There should always be someone present to check you in and I will reiterate this to my staff.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the food and restaurant service, we try hard to offer good quality food and service and one of our chefs was crowned winner of 'young chef of the year' at the Northamptonshire food and drink awards last week. We hope to see you back at The Worlds End soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ecton
The Poplars Hotel
#6 of 29 in Northampton
Sedgebrook Hall
Sedgebrook Hall
#1 of 1 in Chapel Brampton

Been to The World's End? Share your experiences!