“Poor quality Food at premium prices”
Review of The World's End

The World's End
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ecton
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed two nights, first night was Curry night, avoid it.
No meat in the curry, told waitress, but 2 minutes later the bill shoved in my hand to pay full bill, there not interested here.
Night two, I thought let's treat myself to Rib eye with all the extras. Specified medium, and Also specifically asked Not Bloody and bleeding.
What come out was Embarrasing, half was pure Fat, very poor quality steak. Menu specifying 28 day local sourced quality steak?, maybe the cows are on diets and not correctly reared here?,
Had three mouthfuls and left it.
Waitress asked if ok, I said no, it's fatty and not cooked right, she said if you had told us we can cook another? I said its fatty and under cooked, don't serve bad food to start with!
Anyway there not interested in complaints, charged me full price quite happily, the bill came within seconds of returning food, so it must be a common problem, they want paying before you get chance to think about complaining.
Won't entertain this place again, and will leave same review on Hotels.com which I booked accommodation through.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Mark
I have responded to the email you sent to us, it is unfortunate that you didn't give me the opportunity to read my response before posting your review as I am sure I could have rectified the issues you raise directly with you.

There are newer reviews for The World's End

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Food good but worst service I have ever known - took 55 minutes to get food, they agreed to tKe drinks off the bill for the wait and guess what - they were on the bill - will never go back or stay there - overstone golf park far better

Stayed: March 2014

Please accept my apologies for your experience but on this evening the management were dealing with a heating breakdown in the hotel block which meant the restaurant was not overseen by a manager as time had to be spent trying to resurrect heating to the bedrooms for the guests staying there.
I am confident your experience was a 'one off' and if you contact me on info@theworldsend.org I would like to deal directly with you to resolve the issue had on your visit.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have visited The Worlds End quite a few times, has usually been good. The food is of a good quality and the staff are friendly and helpful. Last night was an exception to this. The food was excellent but it took 90 minutes to arrive because the chef lost the docket. This was unnoticed until the issue was raised after 90 minutes. By the time it arrived at 9.40, my appetite had past. I also found it a bit pricey compared to comparative venues. I'm unlikely to return in a hurry.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review and please accept my apologies for the issues you had on your last visit. Unfortunately, at the time of your visit it was brought to the management's attention that the heating boiler in the hotel block had failed and that all the bedrooms had no heating and the manager on duty had to take time to address these issues which meant the restaurant was not overseen by a manager during this time and your problem was not picked up until you made one of the floor staff aware. It is extremely unfortunate that the kitchen lost your order but I can assure you that the circumstances surrounding that evening were a 'one off' as you have visited us before and always had an enjoyable experience.
If you contact me directly at info@theworldsend.org I would like to discuss this further with you.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have just spent three nights here. My room was a pleasant, standard hotel bedroom, and the bathroom was enhanced by underfloor heating, which was nice. Breakfast does not start until 7am, which is a shame as my group who were here for work, needed to leave promptly at 7.30, so were on pins waiting for cooked breakfasts to materialise. The buffet aspect was poor, with just cereals and fruit juice. Had it included more choice, we would not have ordered these cooked items, probably. We ate in the restaurant in the evenings and the meals were enjoyable. Unfortunately the chairs are very low for the height of the table. I am average height, but felt I should have had a booster seat! There is a pleasant bar. Staff on Reception are welcoming, the skills of the waiting staff somewhat variable. There is a decent sized car park. I would not mind staying there again, if I needed to. However, the slowness of service at breakfast and dinner is an area that needs urgently to improve. If you need to have your dinner promptly in order to complete work during the evening, they will allow you to order at breakfast time!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Millie024

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, please be assured that the points you raise will be taken on board as we welcome feedback that helps us to identify training requirements as we constantly try and improve our business

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We only had a one night stay, the accommodation is attached to a lovely pub and restaurant.
The room was nice with underfloor heating which nice especially in the bathroom, the room was clean and comfortable, perhaps better pillows would help with a good nights sleep but it was only for 1 night but the bed was comfortable, the TV was the smallest I have ever seen but it worked OK, tea & coffee making facilities were provided and the bathroom was a good size.
We had a bar lunch of hot roast beef sandwiches which were very substantial and reasonably priced.
The " happy hour " 17.30 - 19.30 was very enjoyable, the bar has lots of really comfortable sofa's to relax in and free wi fi and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
We ate dinner in the restaurant, both of us ordered fish & chips which were excellent, the menu had plenty to choose from and a good wine list all at reasonable prices.
We would stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

I am so pleased that you had enjoyable stay with us so thank you for posting such a positive review about our accommodation and food quality.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

A very nice building set on the edge of a Village, beautiful traditional restaurant with good food, a little overpriced, but it's comfortable and the service is good.
There is a very nice bar upstairs that combines a modern feel with a traditional decor.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Anthony

Thanks for taking the time to post a positive review, we look forward to welcoming you back to TWE soon

Reviewed 17 December 2013

food was ok very over priced nice outside area for seating great place to go if you have kids play area is great have been on a few occasions when passing but this was the 1st time eating would go again if i was passing thru but wouldnt go out of my way

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meeeeee46

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, Our food is prepared from fresh from local ingredients so we maybe a little more expensive than other pub restaurants, but I still believe we offer great value for money for the quality of food and service

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ecton
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
#3 of 29 in Northampton
Ibis Wellingborough
Ibis Wellingborough
#2 of 4 in Wellingborough

Been to The World's End? Share your experiences!