“Very nice hotel”
Review of The World's End

The World's End
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ecton
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A very pleasant and friendly hotel just outside of Northampton.

The rooms are spacious and have everything required to make your stay comfortable. The restaurant is great - the food is lovely, reasonably priced and the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly.

There was live music in the bar (which was excellent) and there were a number of good ales on tap.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again soon

There are newer reviews for The World's End

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Spent a night here over easter weekend. Great, really helpful staff even though we arrived with a request for an iron, right in the middle of good friday evening meal service & an engagement party going on downstairs. Room was really comfortable. Only gripe was with the lack of a decent veggie or fish option at breakfast; my poached eggs were fine, but looked a little sorry in the shadow of the full english.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting a review of your visit and overnight stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed the experience and hope to see you again here soon

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Have visited a few times on a Sunday with family. The food is delicious and fresh - very tasty! Very reasonable too, especially for the quality! Super impressed! Always have an impressive dessert selection too! Definitely worth a visit - has now become one of our favourite haunts!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review of your experience, we do believe our Sunday menu is good value for money and hope to see you back again soon

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at The Worlds End for 2 nights. The circumstances for my visit we're not good as I was going to a funeral of a very dear friend. My room was very comfortable and spacious. The hotel had provided everything in the room that could be needed including a really good hospitality tray. I had dinner in the restaurant and couldn't fault the food. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choices. My only disappointment was that on the morning I checked out I had to leave early and was too early for breakfast. I did ask at the reception the evening before if it was possible to provide maybe a small snack but this was not possible. I had a long journey ahead and it would have been nice to have been offered even a piece of fruit for the journey after all I had paid for bed and breakfast. Apart from this, it is a lovely place and I would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for posting such a positive review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay even though the circumstances surrounding your visit were sad.I am sorry we could not offer you breakfast earlier but unfortunately as we are a restaurant with rooms as opposed to a hotel we do not have a 24 hour reception and the building itself is not staffed until 7am.
We hope to see you back soon

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed at The World's End in January for a birthday celebration. The staff were very friendly & helpful, the rooms were also very comfortable. We also dined at The World's End and the food was fabulous! My friend and I shared the chateaubriand and it was perfectly cooked. The breakfast the following morning was also lovely. Overall a very enjoyable place to eat and stay.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for posting a review we are proud of the quality of our steaks and we get many comments on them, they are the best quality available and are matured for 28 days,
We hope to be welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 26 March 2014

After initially enjoying a great overnight mid-week with work, my wife sand I have booked on several further occasions when traveling to watch the Northampton Saints rugby team. EVERY time the staff have been both welcoming and helpful. The bedrooms are of ample size, clean and bright and beds comfy. Breakfast has been great and flexible, I ask for extra eggs instead of sausages, no problem and the meals we have had in the evening on the "dine and stay" package have been faultless - the sharing platter to start AND the steaks have been the main highlights. The bar serves quality hand puled ale plus the regular lagers, wines and spirits and is very relaxed, locals and visitors mingling just fine. All in all, I would recommend TWE and that's from a hard to please northerner!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the car park are quieter, the roadside facing bedrooms can become a tad more noisy duri...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting such a positive review, I am pleased to announce that we have just received an award for the quality of our real ales, so it's good to hear that you recognised the quality

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed two nights, first night was Curry night, avoid it.
No meat in the curry, told waitress, but 2 minutes later the bill shoved in my hand to pay full bill, there not interested here.
Night two, I thought let's treat myself to Rib eye with all the extras. Specified medium, and Also specifically asked Not Bloody and bleeding.
What come out was Embarrasing, half was pure Fat, very poor quality steak. Menu specifying 28 day local sourced quality steak?, maybe the cows are on diets and not correctly reared here?,
Had three mouthfuls and left it.
Waitress asked if ok, I said no, it's fatty and not cooked right, she said if you had told us we can cook another? I said its fatty and under cooked, don't serve bad food to start with!
Anyway there not interested in complaints, charged me full price quite happily, the bill came within seconds of returning food, so it must be a common problem, they want paying before you get chance to think about complaining.
Won't entertain this place again, and will leave same review on Hotels.com which I booked accommodation through.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Mark
I have responded to the email you sent to us, it is unfortunate that you didn't give me the opportunity to read my response before posting your review as I am sure I could have rectified the issues you raise directly with you.

Regards

Andrew Chapman
Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ecton
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
#3 of 29 in Northampton
Ibis Wellingborough
Ibis Wellingborough
#2 of 4 in Wellingborough

Been to The World's End? Share your experiences!