“Poor breakfast”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ecton
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Poor breakfast”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We booked this hotel through late rooms .com. We were asked if we had any dietary needs and as usual I asked for vegetarian, wheat free. When we arrived we found the room lovely and the whole building elegant and stylish. However when we went to breakfast I looked at the menu and there was no vegetarian option on any wheat free break or cereals. I asked the waitress who said she would ask the chef. She came back and said "he says he doesn't know anything about a vegetarian or wheat free breakfast" I plumped for egg and mushrooms and no toast! The was also no teaspoons on the table or sauces. We had to pour our own tea and coffee from flasks and there was no yoghurt a or fruit etc. overall we were disappointed. Why ask if we had any dietary needs , raise our expectation and then not deliver. We couldn't even complain as the same girl who served breakfast checked us out and I felt it wasn't her job to deal with disappointed guests! We won't be returning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with the breakfast offer, we have many compliments from guests about our full English, but have recognised the fact that we do not cater for all, we are in the process of reviewing our breakfast offer to include wheat free and vegetarian options.
I hope that you will give us another try in the near future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I normally stay at Hol Inn / Prem Inn when staying in the area but a colleague recommended TWE; and I am so glad she did.. Great hotel and restaurant and the staff are really friendly which gives the place a warm and homely feeling, much better than your 'hotel chains'..
Food is fab too and nothing is too much trouble for them.. thank you I will be returning again and again... :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
I am pleased that you found us and are happy with quality of our offer, as an owner operator we do strive to offer something different from your normal chain hotels and I am glad you recognised that we do have good customer service here at TWE
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Visiting Northampton for the weekend and needed a place to stay. This was a great place. The pub was friendly, had a good selection of drinks, and the night we stayed, there was a fantastic girl singing, what better entertainment? The restaurant had a good menu, I decided to have a burger, and as I'm fussy had to send it back as it was a bit to rare for my liking. This was not a problem at all, and I ended up with a new burger cooked perfectly (for me!). The room was a good size, comfortable and clean. My only issue was it was too warm! I did try turning the heating down, but still felt it was roasting! Otherwise great all rounder of a place offering everything you could need for a drink, meal or stay.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank kjc75
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back again soon!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

WOW what a fantastic selection of ale's. Being a passenger on this visit i thought "why not" several beer's were downed that hit the spot to perfection. Food was duly ordered and arrived quickly. Large portion's hot and very tasty. Sweet's arrived again large portion's and faultless. Staff on hand but not overbearing. Very clean & tidy all round. Will return. Thank you.

Room Tip: Try The " ALES "
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank eric m
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for posting us a positive review, we are very proud of the 3 real ales we serve here at TWE, we have recently been awarded with a CAMRA accreditation for the quality of our ales so it is good to see that customers notice the quality. We hope to see you back in the near future
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We arrived with a party of around 20 people for dinner after a wedding, some of us had arranged to stay in the hotel afterwards. The food was very good, portions were more than most of us could manage; I could have stopped after the selection of cheeses and antipasti served as a starter!

The rooms were perfectly nice, with ensuite, hairdryer and iron provided. There were tea- and coffee-making facilities... The KitKat was a nice touch, but only one? Some of the group commented that the rooms were too warm, but we didn't experience this, possibly because we're fresh-air fiends and threw all the windows open as soon as we could.

Breakfast was excellent and generous, with cheery helpful staff.
There was plenty of free, safe and well-lit within a stone's throw of the door.

I can't comment on the price of the meal as it was part of the wedding party, but the B&B was excellent value, and I would certainly consider staying here again if I need a bed when I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we had a number of kind comments on the wedding meal and service so thank you for posting such a positive review
Tidworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A very pleasant and friendly hotel just outside of Northampton.

The rooms are spacious and have everything required to make your stay comfortable. The restaurant is great - the food is lovely, reasonably priced and the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly.

There was live music in the bar (which was excellent) and there were a number of good ales on tap.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again soon
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Spent a night here over easter weekend. Great, really helpful staff even though we arrived with a request for an iron, right in the middle of good friday evening meal service & an engagement party going on downstairs. Room was really comfortable. Only gripe was with the lack of a decent veggie or fish option at breakfast; my poached eggs were fine, but looked a little sorry in the shadow of the full english.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
TWE2012, Owner at The World's End, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your visit and overnight stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed the experience and hope to see you again here soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ecton
The Poplars Hotel
Ibis Wellingborough
Ibis Wellingborough
#2 of 4 in Wellingborough
Premier Inn Northampton Gt Billing/A45 Hotel

Been to The World's End? Share your experiences!