“Great experience on the Jatunyaku River”
Review of Rios Ecuador

Rios Ecuador
Ranked #3 of 9 Tours in Tena
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1996, Rios Ecuador is the original whitewater rafting and kayaking operator in Tena. We operate a range of adventures for families, beginners and experts on the Jatunyacu, Misahualli, Jondachi and Anzu rivers. Our fun, friendly, English-speaking guides were born and grew up in the area, and are enthusiatic about showing you the jungle and their culture. They are trained to International Rafting Federation standards, and certified in first aid and river rescue.
Cuenca, Ecuador
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great experience on the Jatunyaku River”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our family of four had a thoroughly delightful day on the Jatunyaku River (which means Big Water in Quichua.) Phillip our guide kept us safe even though the river was running high, but made sure we all had a exhilarating ride. His associate (sorry, I forgot his name) went down the river in his kayak slightly ahead of the raft, to check out the locations and take photos. They were posted on Facebook the next day allowing us to share our adventure with friends and family. We highly recommend Rios Ecuador and especially Phillip!

Visited May 2014
santiagoriosecuador, Gerente at Rios Ecuador, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi Jim
We really appreciate that you took the time to give us your comments in Trip Advisor
Word of mouth has been the foundation of our success, our staff will know about a great time you had in the river, specially to Phillip and the safety kayaker and phtographer.

We hope to see you or your friends or family on the river in the future!

Yours in whitewater,

“Lots of fun”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Friendly and had a great time !! This was my first time and I felt safe and secure with the lesson given. In addition, the guides were so friendly and clearly enjoy what they do.

Visited April 2014
santiagoriosecuador, Gerente at Rios Ecuador, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thanks for your comment,
We really appreciate that you took the time to give us your comments.
We are glad that you enjoyed your first rafting trip. We love what we do, so that is the reason to have safe and fun trips.

We hope to see you in the river soon!!
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“4-day kayak course: world-class coaching”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Very serious and high quality course.

We did the 4-day kayak course as a couple with Leandro. We learned the Esquimo roll and many other techniques as well as reading the river.

The instructor was great, taking time to explain and correct our mistakes, and making us rehearse a lot, sometimes by forgetting the clock. Basically you will kayak a lot !

Food provided is very good, homefood prepared by the secretary of Rios Ecuador (empenadas, hamburgers, many fruits, crisps, nestea, coke, water, biscuits, etc.)
NB: eat light anyway at lunch time because you are going to be up-side down a lot.

We practiced a lot, a lot and in different conditions. Lots of individual coaching.

Leandro the instructor adjusted our position in the kayak until we were very comfy, adding pads on the hips, changing the seat if necessary, in a nutshell a brilliant high quality service.

Exhausted after each day, we found very convenient to stay in the Austria hostal located just in front of Rios Ecuador.

Just think about bringing swim goggles; they dont provide them and your eyes will feel more comfortable after so being so frequently open underwater.

I recommend this school without hesitation.

Thanks for your comment,

We really appreciate that you took the time to give us your comments. I will comunicate to the Staff of Rios Ecuador about your comment. It will facilitate to our clients to make a desition and choose a kayaking course with us.

After a great course you only have to practice

See you in the river

Good job kayakers !!!
Huntsville, Alabama
“A fun I never forget!!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have done several rafting tours, Norway, Austria and USA, but none gets even close to the fun I had this time. The river may be not that challenging, but the excellent rafting guide made it a "challenge"! He knew so many different games using the raft: spinning, being a Figurehead of the raft or staying on the edge of the raft... And then the nature, a wonderful river including some gold digger.
I strongly recommend the tour and a lunch break will be provided as well!!

Visited December 2013
santiagoriosecuador, Gerente at Rios Ecuador, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Hi Jans
Thanks for your comments and so happy you had such a great Trip.
He hope to see you or your friends or family on the river in the future!!
RIOS ECUADOR
Barneveld, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great first rafting experience”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Since I never rafted before and the flyer mentioned the trip to the Quijos rivers was for experienced rafters and confident swimmers, I gave them a call to inquire if would be OK to participate. I am a confident swimmer, so I had been told I should be OK.
After the 3-hour busride from Quito to Baeza we had breakfast before going to the river.
Wetsuites where provided a well as a thorough explanation of saftety procedures and paddling instructions.
The paddling was hard work at times, but I had great fun. I thought we went ashore just to have lunch, but once they deflated the boats I realized the trip had ended. It was way too short!!
We had a delicious lunch with tortilla's and fresh fruit before heading back to Quito, where we arrived at 18:30. So it was just not possible to raft longer.....I should have made it a two day trip like 2 other guests did......
I can't wait to see the photo's on the facebook page of Rios Ecuador!

Visited December 2013
Thanks for your comment,
Sorry for a late answer. We really appreciate that you took the time to give us your comments. this is very important for us
We are back on Trip Advisor, your comments are very important for the travellers to get a good option of the trips in Ecuador
The owner of the camera was one of our clients we didnt get a copy of the photos, sorry about that
Regards