“The Amazon Experience at its best!”

Anaconda Lodge Ecuador
Ranked #1 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Tena
Hamburg, Germany
“The Amazon Experience at its best!”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I am from Ecuador and I sometimes bring friends to see my country, visiting the Amazon is a must, we found Anaconda Lodge by mistake, as our cab driver told us about this place, not your regular hotel, but definitely a place you want to go if you want to get the real Amazon experienced. Francisco, the owner from the hotel immediately received us without reservation and showed us around this amazing place, small, I felt as if I came to someone's home instead of just another hotel. We fall in love with this lodge from the beginning, the quality of people starting from Francisco and Silvia who own the place and their staff is magnificent, full of knowledge of the area, and ready to make your stay the best. As an ecuadorian, I finally got the real taste of the jungle thanks to Anaconda Lodge and their staff .

Room Tip: Sleep in the jungle
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sonia V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 31 January 2013

my friend and I stayed there end of december for 3 days - well at the end it has been 4 days as my friend got sick and there was no way for her to travel to quito. the owners, francisco and silvia, were amazing!! they took such good care of my friend and me and what they say on their flyer "welcome to your home in the amazonas" is sooooo true!! you get there, will be warmly greeted and you feel like becoming family! the staff is amazing as well. what i thought was great, that the lodge isn't big like a resort but rather like a family home with excellent food, great guides, lovely warmhearted people, beautiful rooms, great mix of seeing nature and local culture - there's nothing more you can ask for! anaconda lodge - u do such a great job!!! we miss u - francisco, silvia and team :) the swiss girls - sylvie and alessandra.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank yoli_boli
Francisco R, Propietario at Anaconda Lodge Ecuador, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
For us meeting you girls was fantastic, we will always be here waiting for you both in "your home in the Ecuadorian Amazon!. Un beso Gigante para Amabas!.
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I just (1hour ago) got back from the Amazonas- AMAZING! I met Silvia and Francisco, the owners of Anaconda Lodge, literally on the canoe on my way to CasaDelSuizo where I was supposed to stay 3nights (this hotel had forgotten to pick me up, so Silvia and Francisco gave me a ride). Realizing that I got to a huge resort in the middle of the jungle, full of large tourist groups (not really what you want going to the jungle, right?), I decided to change lodge- best decision ever. I don't even know where to start: I felt at home at any time, I guess that was the most important thing to me. The hosts are amazing, the lodge itself is fabulous, clean and cozy rooms, very welcoming living room/reception, the food of chef Rodrigo great, the tours very well organized and with very kind and knowledgable guides. Anaconda lodge simply knows what client service means, combined with a spectacular location. You cannot miss out on this experience!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank KerstinKindl
Our Dear German Mexican friend, I think more mexican. It was marvolous metting you, what a great person you are.
The destination put us at the right time and the right place!
Thank you very much for visiting us, we will always be remembered in anaconda Lodge ecuador.
Pues orale wei, que te vaya de maravillas en Munich!
germany/uk/usa
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed with Francisco and Sylvia in Nov '12 and had a fantastic time. Its not deep jungle so set your expectations on how much wildlife you're going to see (very little really), but what it lacks in beasts and bugs it sure makes up for in other areas. The welcome is 1st class, its more integrated with the local culture and environment than most (e.g. the guides are locals, one of our trips involved seeing a local home, and a local music group came round to perform one night). A particular mention must go to the chef and his food, ever so slightly salty(!) but otherwise the best food we had in the whole of Ecuador by some margin, who'd have thought you'd find gourmet cooking in the jungle. We'd willingly go back and that's the key measure.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bekosimes
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My friend and I decided to spend three nights and four days at the Anaconda Lodge at the end of our trip in Ecuador...our only regret is that we could not stay for longer! We had such an amazing, relaxing and fun time. Francisco and Sylvia were wonderful hosts with big hearts and a genuine commitment to their local community. Their chef, Rodrigo, has an encyclopaedic knowledge of jungle food which he weaves into the dishes he serves...delicious! You can choose how you would like to spend your time there, wiling away hours on the hammock listening to the jungle, going for hikes with local indigenous guides who can teach you about the medicinal plants and culture of the area, visiting the local animal rescue centre, rafting down the river...as active and/or as relaxing as you like. I would recommend this place to friends, families, couples...everyone.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank aussie_mid30s
Reviewed 2 November 2012 via mobile

Anaconda Lodge is definitely not just 'another place to sleep', it's an experience with long-lasting effects. The lodge was recently renovated and looks nice and new, but still fitting in the environment. The cabin was large and clean, the bed comfortable and we enjoyed best view we ever had from a bathroom. :-)

During the day, guided walks through the primary and secondary jungle and other activities are included. The guides are very knowledgeable, and they know how to combine interesting facts and fun. At night, there's a symphony of all kinds of animal's voices... beautiful, but sometimes hard to get some sleep. :-)

Francisco and Silvia, the owners, and their friendly staff took care of us all the time and made sure we felt at home. Interesting discussions with Francisco and the delicious, local meals prepared by Silvia were highlights.

I highly recommend Anaconda Lodge to everyone who likes to get a taste of the rainforest.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Stef_Cheese
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I highly recommend Anaconda Lodge! The staff is great, the food is awesome and the accommodations are very comfortable. Beautiful place, great jungle experience! The guides are very knowledgeable about the jungle and surrounding areas. The tours show many sides of the jungle including the way the natives live and their modern day struggles. The cook is incredibly talented and every meal was great, made with mostly local products. Best food I had in all of Ecuador, hands down. It was very neat to see a real Shaman conduct a ceremony and while I was there some natives showed up after a two day hike to offer some of their beautiful artisan goods. Definitely would like to return and take my family/friends.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Francisco R, Propietario at Anaconda Lodge Ecuador, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank's for your beutiful words. For us it was great metting you...the best of all is that you got our message. Take care and we will be waiting for you...Bienvenido a tu casa en la Amazonia Ecuatoriana!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tena
Cotococha Amazon Lodge
#1 of 1 in Cotundo
Itamandi EcoLodge
Itamandi EcoLodge
#14 of 57 in Napo Province

Been to Anaconda Lodge Ecuador? Share your experiences!