After coming from camping in the Serengeti, I thought I'd arrived at an oasis when we drove in to Bougainvillea Lodge. What a delight! Lovely gardens, with white cottages with verandahs set around a pool and gardens. Sitting area and fireplace in the cottages. We stayed here for two nights for the Ngorongo crater. I could have stayed a week. Just a relaxing, clean comfortable setting. The food was very good and staff very accommodating. It is about 15 minutes to the Ngorongo gate, and it takes about two hours from the lodge to the bottom of the crater.Other lodges can be about 20 - 30 minutes closer to the crater. So there is some backtracking to the crater, but well worth it for the serenity and comfort of Bougainvillea Lodge. Only problem - wifi is only in the main reception/dining area and not in the rooms. Nevertheless, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainvillea Safari Lodge, located a few minutes from the Ngorongoro Conservation Area gate, offers comfortable accommodation, excellent food and friendly service at a reasonable price. Manager and executive chef Reggie Bayo has many years of experience and his food is legend on the northern safari circuit. Each comfortable room has a fireplace; family cottages and triples are available. There is a comfortable lounge and bar as well as a swimming pool and gift shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Bougainvillea Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillea Safari Hotel Karatu
- Bougainvillea Safari Lodge Tanzania/Karatu