Endoro Lodge
Green Hills Lodge(Karatu)(Great Value!)
US$94
Crater Rim View(Karatu)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$115
US$125
US$120
  • Pool
Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
Jumia Travel
  • Breakfast included
andBeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
  • Restaurant
Lake Manyara Wildlife Lodge(Lake Manyara National Park)
Priceline
All reviewsoutdoor showermobility issuesone nightfelt extremelybird watchinghot watertwo nightsbuffet dinnerngorongoro craterthe main roadrestaurant and bar areacool drinkfinal nightnext morningplants and flowerslovely groundsa great place to stay
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here at the end of our Safari with Gosheni Adventures. It was THE most wonderful place to finish our Safari experience. It was a beautiful haven of peace and quiet, were we relaxed fully and enjoyed the colourful gardens and friendly staff.
We had said it was a shame we were only there one night and next time we would be keen to stay there while we see the Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara.
Staff were lovely and helpful, thank you for our stay!

Room Tip: We had room 9, but I think they are all the same! No wifi in the rooms but it was at the bar!! To get any coverage out in the sticks is an achievement!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This lodge had everything you could wish for - ideal location for visiting Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater, excellent facilities, good food and friendly, helpful staff. We stayed two nights and could easily have stayed longer had our itinerary not been pre-planned. It was my birthday during our stay and the staff bedecked our cabin with candles, exotic flowers and pretty petals, which was lovely, then - much to my surprise - topped that with Maasai singing 'Happy birthday' to me after dinner and presenting me with an enormous pink iced cake! A very memorable occasion, much appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a lovely property and overall has good bones, but it is in need of care. The staff was fine, some more friendly than others nothing really good or bad to say on that front. The pool is lovely and the area around it lovely. Dinner was good but breakfast was not so great. Really bad Internet available for free in the bar area. It was ok when no one else was using it early in the morning and I sat right next to router.

My chalet was a huge disappointment. It was very large with three twin beds, but it was in shabby shape. Curtains dirty and in need of repair they were a mess, dirty walls with splattered bugs on them, one broken sink, no hot water in shower (it was an ice cold shower for me), the chalet had a mild smell that was quite heavy in the cupboards. There was no way I would have unpacked into them or hung up my clothes. I later realized that the smell was that of bug spray. The soap was open and used. There was no bed sheet, just a fitted sheet and comforter. I had a Goldilocks type experience with the beds. The first bed had a large black bug climbing around inside of the mosquito net. The second had the same bugs on the outside of the netting. The last bed I left the netting opening hoping that it was less surface area for the bugs on the ground to crawl up. I get it, it is silly to complain about bugs in a lodge, but this was a bit out of control. I had less bugginess when camping. Thankfully it was just one (somewhat sleepless) night.

I will say that others in my group did have better experiences, so maybe I just had the bad chalet. Nonetheless, it was what I experienced and would not go back. The bones are all there, it is a large and pretty property. It just needs some attention, renovation and clean up.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank aps101
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Visited with my family in June of 2014 for one night after visiting Lake Manyara, and the night before visiting Ngorongoro. The perfect stopover between the two parks, and we wished we could have stayed much longer! It was so lovely, set in a stunning location, in coffee plantations in a beautiful, lush, green valley! The staff are quite wonderful - the Naturalist Henry definitely takes care of you! The pool had just opened and the staff threw a really wonderful cocktail party by the pool, complimentary bitings and sundowners, a lovely way to end the evening! The buffet was good, nothing special - but we especially enjoyed sitting out by the fire outside the restaurant after our meal, enjoying our wine!

The rooms were spectacular! We had a triple, and it was huge! A great private third bed, beautiful outdoor shower and bathtub, very hot water, comfortable beds, and very clean!

We absolutely loved our stay! Fantastic value for money!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel in itself is nice and the view is good. Unfortunately does the staff (except for the waiters in the restaurant/bar) not have a clue of what they are doing. The rooms are very cold, but there is a service to get the fire place on (if they use dry wood instead of wet wood). When bringing the dirty laundry to the reception, our underwear was counted and after that placed in the reception desk (very hygienical..). The food (buffet) was the same for two days and not warm when served.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple