“Beautiful hotel and great location.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Endoro Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Karatu
Endoro Lodge
Antigua, Guatemala
“Beautiful hotel and great location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We arrived at Endoro Lodge after a full day of safari in Lake Manyara, and stayed overnight on our way to the Ngorongoro crater. The hotel is very close to both places. It is about a 35 minutes drive to the gates of the Ngorongoro National Park.

The facilities are magnificent. In the middle of lush green forests, we were received by a friendly staff with welcome cocktails. The grounds were gorgeous. The rooms were huge and beautifully decorated. There was some great Masai entertainers at the gardens at night. The restaurant was great and the food (both dinner and breakfast) was abundant and yummy.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Endoro Lodge

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Aarhus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We spent 3 memorable nights in this lovely calm hotel/lodge, beautifully situated among exotic trees, plants and flowers. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The chalets were beautifully furnished, the beds comfortable, the buffets in the restaurant satisfying. A few minor drawbacks keep us from rating it "excellent", there's a long ride from the big asphalt road before you reach the hotel (probably a reason for it being calm and quiet, which we like), the shower is not very convincing (probably a general problem in Tanzania) and the wifi signal is weak. But overall I would warmly recommend Endoro lodge to anyone who is looking for a beautiful place with nice people and atmosphere, and who doesn't need a discoteque.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, family of 5. Had 2 rooms, both very spacious and large comfy beds- truly luxurious from where we had come from. Had great hot showers, bliss, and an outside shower, which my husband loved. Staff all very friendly, especially the lady who ran reception. Food was reasonable, the surroundings were beautiful, lush, colourful flowers everywhere, stunning scenery. We even had cocktails by the pool at night. Heaven. Children liked the fact there was free wifi!
Accompanied to and from rooms by Masai - how exotic

Room Tip: Think all the rooms were similar, all lovely views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here at the end of our Safari with Gosheni Adventures. It was THE most wonderful place to finish our Safari experience. It was a beautiful haven of peace and quiet, were we relaxed fully and enjoyed the colourful gardens and friendly staff.
We had said it was a shame we were only there one night and next time we would be keen to stay there while we see the Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara.
Staff were lovely and helpful, thank you for our stay!

Room Tip: We had room 9, but I think they are all the same! No wifi in the rooms but it was at the bar!! To g...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This lodge had everything you could wish for - ideal location for visiting Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater, excellent facilities, good food and friendly, helpful staff. We stayed two nights and could easily have stayed longer had our itinerary not been pre-planned. It was my birthday during our stay and the staff bedecked our cabin with candles, exotic flowers and pretty petals, which was lovely, then - much to my surprise - topped that with Maasai singing 'Happy birthday' to me after dinner and presenting me with an enormous pink iced cake! A very memorable occasion, much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a lovely property and overall has good bones, but it is in need of care. The staff was fine, some more friendly than others nothing really good or bad to say on that front. The pool is lovely and the area around it lovely. Dinner was good but breakfast was not so great. Really bad Internet available for free in the bar area. It was ok when no one else was using it early in the morning and I sat right next to router.

My chalet was a huge disappointment. It was very large with three twin beds, but it was in shabby shape. Curtains dirty and in need of repair they were a mess, dirty walls with splattered bugs on them, one broken sink, no hot water in shower (it was an ice cold shower for me), the chalet had a mild smell that was quite heavy in the cupboards. There was no way I would have unpacked into them or hung up my clothes. I later realized that the smell was that of bug spray. The soap was open and used. There was no bed sheet, just a fitted sheet and comforter. I had a Goldilocks type experience with the beds. The first bed had a large black bug climbing around inside of the mosquito net. The second had the same bugs on the outside of the netting. The last bed I left the netting opening hoping that it was less surface area for the bugs on the ground to crawl up. I get it, it is silly to complain about bugs in a lodge, but this was a bit out of control. I had less bugginess when camping. Thankfully it was just one (somewhat sleepless) night.

I will say that others in my group did have better experiences, so maybe I just had the bad chalet. Nonetheless, it was what I experienced and would not go back. The bones are all there, it is a large and pretty property. It just needs some attention, renovation and clean up.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank aps101
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Visited with my family in June of 2014 for one night after visiting Lake Manyara, and the night before visiting Ngorongoro. The perfect stopover between the two parks, and we wished we could have stayed much longer! It was so lovely, set in a stunning location, in coffee plantations in a beautiful, lush, green valley! The staff are quite wonderful - the Naturalist Henry definitely takes care of you! The pool had just opened and the staff threw a really wonderful cocktail party by the pool, complimentary bitings and sundowners, a lovely way to end the evening! The buffet was good, nothing special - but we especially enjoyed sitting out by the fire outside the restaurant after our meal, enjoying our wine!

The rooms were spectacular! We had a triple, and it was huge! A great private third bed, beautiful outdoor shower and bathtub, very hot water, comfortable beds, and very clean!

We absolutely loved our stay! Fantastic value for money!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karatu
Highview Hotel
Neptune Ngorongoro Luxury Lodge
Neptune Ngorongoro Luxury Lodge
#1 of 39 in Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Rhotia Valley Tented Lodge

Been to Endoro Lodge? Share your experiences!