“Total spa luxury but too expensive!”

SHA Wellness Clinic
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in El Albir
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I loved the surroundings, the spa, the staff and the facilities are amazing, but as nobody in the spa spoke clear English it was difficult to understand what the treatments involved (even during the consultation I was not advised correctly about the treatments due to the language barrier).

There is not much to do in the evenings, and whilst the tv in your room had many channels only the news channels were in English. It would have been a better experience for me if I could have watched a film in my room in the evening, especially as I was at the spa alone. You cannot lock your bedroom door from the inside which makes for a nervous nights sleep as anyone with a pass can open your door!

The doctor at the spa was nothing more than a sales women, who had a plaster on her forehead and skin peeling off her face and was trying to push a 3k treatment (and told me it would cost 4k in the uk for the same treatment - when in fact it was only 900 pounds in london. She did not inspect my skin she just seemed interested in selling her treatments.

Finally, the spa treatments are over priced and in some cases I have had better treatments for cheaper in london. This is a clinic is for the rich who don't need to ask how much?

It's a shame as this clinic and spa is one of the best I have any seen, but if I spend thousands of pounds for a few days then I want everything to be the best.

I would love to go back but I believe there is a clinic out their that offers a better experience for international clients.

The staff were lovely, the food is amazing and the building and facilities (including rooms) are amazing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank cocolondon
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
First of all we would like to thank you for your honest review about SHA and for taking your time to describe your experience in detail and we apologize for the inconveniences you found that make your stay not to be perfect.
We are really sorry you could not find anyone in the spa who spoke clear English because we are working hard to get all our team speaks good English and, if in some consultations and treatments the language barrier persists, we always offer the possibility of assistance from anyone who speaks English. For us the most important is that our guests understand everything perfectly.
Moreover, we take in consideration your suggestion for the TV Channels in English and we would like you to know we always have the possibility to add some channels under request. We also offer the possibility to have a DVD in the suite when requested without any cost, and we have a wide list of films in English our guests can enjoy. It is a pity you did not know this option for your evenings. We will try to advice better to our guests so they all know about this.
For security measures, we prefer not to have a lock from inside the room but we guarantee nobody of our team is going to come into your bedroom if you have the “do not disturb” placard, unless there is a big emergency.
Regarding the aesthetics doctor you mentioned, we really regret she gave you this impression. She is a renowned professional on her field and we guarantee her treatments are of top quality and she always recommends the treatments according to your needs. Therefore, we would recommend you to check if the treatments offered in other places are exactly of the same quality because many times, although they even have the same name, they are using an older device with different specifications. We are always offering the latest devices on aesthetic treatments, guaranteeing the best results and efficiency of the market.
According to our spa treatments, we are always working to offer the best and most complete treatments to our guests.
We really appreciate your review and especially for your kind comments about our staff, our facilities and our gastronomy. We work really hard to offer the best service to guests like you. We hope you consider visiting us again and we would make sure you live the SHA experience you deserve without the inconveniences you mentioned.
Best regards from all SHA Team.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The trip to SHA was my husband’s present for me. And it was the best present I’ve ever received. The first impression was beyond all praise. I loved the place where the clinic is situated! It’s so fantastic! The views are wonderful and the climate is so mild, it seems that you can touch that fresh air! This only thing made me so full of energy. The hotel itself is amazing! The staff makes everything for you to feel relaxed and satisfied. The detox programme made me feel reborn. I lost lot’s of health problems and received lots of practical advice. The food was so healthy but at the same time it was so tasty - it was ‘Mmmm…’, ‘Oh my God’, ‘Oh dear!’!!! Yes, I’m a little bit obsessed on food and of course I didn’t miss any macrobiotics lecture. Yoga and massage are so relaxing and at the same time are so inspiring! Sha is the place were both your soul and body can relax. Hope to visit you again next year! And thanks a lot for being such a wonderful place!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate_fun
SHAWellness, Manager at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind and honest comment about your stay at SHA. We are really happy to know you keep this great impression about us and we are glad to know we make you feel so good with your SHA Experience.

We hope you are able to keep with the healthy diet and lifestyle you learnt thanks to the healthy cooking classes and talks at our SHA Life Learning program and we already look forward to welcoming you soon as you mention in your review.

Please find SHA as your second home.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

when i was planing our vacation with my husband, we decided to try something new, not just laying on the beach but combine health and rest. our choice was Sha Clinic! there we had everything that we wanted!!!and even more))) the hotel is amazing, every person that works there is professional! and cares about their guests! our room had a terrace and that was my favourite place) treatments was very good, massages and spa make me felt like i was in paradise) the food was healthy and at the same time so tasty! and, of course, i even dont have words to describe the view and the area where this clinic is situated!! it was just FANTASTIC! we are very happy we were there and of course want to come back!! thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Oksana O

Dear Madam,

We really appreciate your positive review about SHA and we are glad to make you discover this new kind of vacation thanks to our healthy holidays offer. Combining relax and health is a really good option for you.

Thank you so much and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I came back from SHA a couple of days ago and the results of my two-week staying there won’t cease to amaze me! I joined the detox program and it’s definitely highly recommended!
My skin looks (and feels) fantastic, I feel so full of energy and the best part of it is the weigh loss – what I now see in a mirror puts a huge smile on my face.
Yes, the whole package comes with a hefty price tag but that definitely worth it.
As for the rip-off , here is my experience: during these two weeks I was getting some dentist works done. Due to a major misunderstanding between me and the doctor, several expensive procedures were carried out and consequently added to my bill without me realizing that. Obviously, I was super disappointed and upset when I saw a total of 4 times more when I was expecting since I never agreed to these services in the first place.
And I should say SHA team handled “the situation” with the most class and grace! Without dragging me into the whole “who said what” conversation they just immediately offered to eliminate everything that wasn’t authorized by me from the outset.
Bravo SHA and most certainly see you soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 11Yana11
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Madam,
Thank you so much for your positive review about SHA. We are glad to see you got those amazing results you talk about with our Detox Program and we hope you keep them at home with the tips and recommendations you have surely learnt during your stay with us.
Regarding to the rip-off, as you said, it was a complete misunderstood and we are happy to see we were able to solve it as we always try to do with our best efforts.
Thank you again for your kind comment and we hope to see you soon again. Please find SHA as your second home.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 2 April 2013

There are dark areas on the grounds between the major areas. After dark, darkness, the sensor lights either came on AFTER I had passed through or they didn't come at all. This was especially bothersome in the dark areas where there are stairs. I heard that one of the female guests had fallen and had some injuries. I found lots of inconsistencies during my stay and although the resort looks beautiful in professional pictures, I found it dirty and poorly laid out. If its raining, its not fun. Some guests have to walk outside to get from some rooms to the main buildings. I also feel concerned about the medical qualifications of the doctors. When I googled them, it seems that only one is an MD and he also works at a clinic in Benidorm. And, although another is promoted as "world famous" there is no backup to this anywhere online. I will never return nor recommend this place. It is an expensive place and although I love luxury, this was nowhere near the standard of luxury I expect at this price. I was ripped off!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
22  Thank Sunlover J
SHAWellness, General Manager at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

First of all we would like to thank you for honest review. We have read your comments very attentively and they will be extremely useful to help build and improve our service levels for the future. We deeply regret that your stay did not meet your expectations and we sincerely apologize for this.

Regarding the problem with the sensor lights, we are also very sorry as this is very unusual; our Maintenance team is already aware of this and is thoroughly checking all systems to avoid future situations like this one and to ensure everything works correctly.
Referring to the lack of cleanliness you outlined, we can only apologize and be surprised because our team is fully trained to thoroughly clean all our facilities every day, and it is an aspect that most of our guests have positively responded to.

Thirdly, regarding your complaint about the credibility of our medial team, we apologize profusely yet again. At SHA we work very hard to ensure that our clinical team is up to the highest level of standard and therefore every team member goes through a comprehensive screening process to ensure this high level of standard. As you noted, we have some team members who also work at local clinics. We would like to refer to our website where you can read in-depth all their credentials.

However, we reiterate our apologies for failing to make your stay satisfactory and we would like to welcome you back in the future so you can see our improvements. All members of our team are working every day to improve and deliver the excellence that our guests deserve.

Best regards,
The SHA team.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

For me SHA is a place where I find myself... during 2 weeks I am loosing here kilos, troubles, deseases and worries that I've carefully collected by months of work. Here I come back to whom I am: healthy, beautiful, creative )))
Through the complex method of healthy (but yammi !!!) food, individual treatment (you really feel here as at home), spiritual classes and medical examination, to say nothing about the unbeliavable sea-mountains view and pure air, they clear up both my body and mind!
In SHA day by day you feel care by dozens people from a waiter or tai chi master to the dentist or acupuncture doctor. You really get to another world, that for me is a best place of
of inspiration!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you so much for your kind comment. We are really happy to help you with your health and relaxation purposes, to hear that you came back home as a new person, and we hope to welcome you again very soon. Please find SHA as your second home, it is a real pleasure to receive guests like you and we will do our best to make your next SHA experience even better than this one.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I managed to find the calm and peace that I was looking for, Find my inner self.
The premises are of a minimalist luxury, located in a paradisiatic place, overlooking the Mediterranean the valley and the sky line of Benidorm, absolutly breathtaking.

The staff very nice and wellcoming. Treatments and food, real heaven.
I feel renovated inside out, with energy and calm.

For sure I will come back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
SHAWellness, Manager at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comment. We are really happy to help you with your health and relaxation purposes and hope to see you again. Please find SHA as your second home, it is a real pleasure to receive guests like you and we will do our best to make your next SHA experience even better than this one.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Albir
Albir Playa Hotel & Spa
#2 of 15 in L'Alfas del Pi
Hotel SH Villa Gadea
Villa Venecia Hotel Boutique

Been to SHA Wellness Clinic? Share your experiences!