I loved the surroundings, the spa, the staff and the facilities are amazing, but as nobody in the spa spoke clear English it was difficult to understand what the treatments involved (even during the consultation I was not advised correctly about the treatments due to the language barrier).
There is not much to do in the evenings, and whilst the tv in your room had many channels only the news channels were in English. It would have been a better experience for me if I could have watched a film in my room in the evening, especially as I was at the spa alone. You cannot lock your bedroom door from the inside which makes for a nervous nights sleep as anyone with a pass can open your door!
The doctor at the spa was nothing more than a sales women, who had a plaster on her forehead and skin peeling off her face and was trying to push a 3k treatment (and told me it would cost 4k in the uk for the same treatment - when in fact it was only 900 pounds in london. She did not inspect my skin she just seemed interested in selling her treatments.
Finally, the spa treatments are over priced and in some cases I have had better treatments for cheaper in london. This is a clinic is for the rich who don't need to ask how much?
It's a shame as this clinic and spa is one of the best I have any seen, but if I spend thousands of pounds for a few days then I want everything to be the best.
I would love to go back but I believe there is a clinic out their that offers a better experience for international clients.
The staff were lovely, the food is amazing and the building and facilities (including rooms) are amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SHA is a wellness clinic dedicated to improving people’s health and well-being through a fusion of ancient oriental disciplines and revolutionary western techniques. There are three main areas at SHA: The SHA Method, anti-aging and aesthetics medicine. The aim of these areas is to ensure that all guests enjoy a pleasant stay and leave looking and feeling younger and healthier, revitalised and renewed both inside and out. Guests will experience a fundamental change in their bodies, improving their quality of life, slowing down the aging process and preventing illness. SHA has always ensured that everything is exquisitely planned right down to the finest detail, even before the first stone was laid. Located in a magical setting where peace is the essence, blessed with a warm climate and stunning views that never fail to move even its most distinguished clients. The results speak for themselves: paradise on earth, spread throughout five buildings that are in perfect harmony with the natural surroundings, set atop the beautiful Sierra Helada del Albir, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and close to the peaceful town of Altea, all at the service of your well-being, health and beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Odigeo, Stayforlong S.L., TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SHA Wellness Clinic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sha Wellness Clinic Hotel El Albir
- Sha Wellness Clinic Albir