“Best health hotel !”

SHA Wellness Clinic
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in El Albir
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Sha Wellness Clinic is an unique experience if you want to rediscover and define a more healthy life plan.

The full experience is obviously full of a luxury and amazing treatments.

Every minute was special and I was amazed by the SHA team.
I feel so goooood !

Room Tip: Study the treatments Do not consider SHA just for FUN with no health reasons.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RocioRicote
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2015

Thanks so much for sharing your opinion on your SHA experience.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.
And that your experience meant a change in your life somehow.
We will be more than glad to have you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is a fine resort hotel, offering a nice spa and detox experience. You need to know what you expect because they hardly explain you their philosophy. The real problem however, was the poor management of the hotel. I left my bathing suit in the swimming pool in the late afternoon and the next morning it was gone. Nowhere to be found. I let go. When i checked out, i realized that i left some belongings in the cupboard and called the reception after three hours. Gone.. This time, i insisted that they were found. Out of nowhere, they told me now that they found my bathing suit which was gone five days ago. Well, it reappeared but not the ones in the room.. I am amazed to a hotel at this scope having a housekeeping staff stealing from the rooms.. The only person trying to deal with it was spa director and the hotel management totally ignored.. Never again experience.

Stayed: March 2014
7  Thank Zeynep I
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Sha Wellness Clinic is staffed by a team of professionals dedicated to providing excellent service to all our guests . Therefore when a guest tells us any problem, our goal is always to give the best solution in the shortest time possible. Our quality policy is based on an exhaustive monitoring of each guest, in order to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Therefore, we feel the comments made regarding the management provided by our establishment , regarding your last stay forgotten for its object.
Once you contacted us and informed us that you had forgotten ayour pyjamas in syour room, we proceeded immediately to manage the search thereof. Unfortunately our team did not find it.
We understand what a loss means , therefore we immediately offered to you economically to be compensated you for the lost object, as a sign of our apologize.
We really sorry that you doubted our cleaning staff, we can assure that all internal procedures had been performed correctly. It is our duty and always has been to ensure the custody and care of the belongings of guests at our property.
We ensure that at all times we have tried to work and do everything in our power to offer you a satisfactory solution.
Once again, sorry what happened and as we have expressed in our apologies we have sent you , we remain at your disposal for whatever we can be helpful.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was at Sha 2 years ago and wrote a 5star comment with 'Fantastic' in front title. That's why I returned this year with a friend, both very excited but the desillusion was instant. First we received a room just in front of the noizy works going on in front of the hotel (seaside). After complain we were kindly upgraded in a quiet part of the hotel. Thank you ... Then the restaurant that offered before an extraordinary and healthy Sha menu (high gastronomy) turned to become today good food (a lot of soups as staters nothing complicated to do home) and very small portions in main courses (had to ask many times a double portion which is stupid when you are not taking the Biolight menu because not on a diet!) quality was relatively ok, but no more creativity at all. they used to offer mini delicious breads of all types with tapenades besides the menu, today no more. It gave me the impression that they tried to gave money.... but overall I heard that the former cook was gone since a year. The new one has definitly not the same standards.
Finally the worst part for us : the therapists: very common massages with a deep feeling of get quickly rid of the client (they announce 50 min, but they really give you maximum a 45 min treatment and for this price and quality, it is just unacceptable.
I would like to close with some positive points :) service was still good: At the front desk and restaurant (thank you Hamilton for your professionalism and great kindness). The hotel is still looking great....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank CHERIALE
SHAWellness, Director de Relaciones Públicas at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear guest,
From SHA team we want to give our many thanks for having submitted your comments . We try to improve every day always offering excellence, that's why every opinion or comment is of a great importance to us.
While we appreciate your comment, we are very sorry for the inconvenients occurred during your stay. SHA is an establishment where guests find well -being, peace and relaxation, and obviously we do not want anything to disturb such a pleasant feeling.
Indeed we are now in a process of expansion , to be able to offer in the near future a wide range of possible treatments. Fortunately the moment you reported your situation to our team, we were able to quickly assign a superior room on your day of arrival, and we care a lot for each of our guests making every detail unbeatable in your stay .
SHA offers the finest healthy cuisine, each menu is perfectly studied and adapted to the needs and objectives of each of our guests. All of our dishes are carefully prepared with the best and healthiest ingredients. Our spirit of excellence and continuous improvement has made our menus evolve offering a 100 % healthy food . As many of our guests let us know with there comments and thanks. However , we respect your comments and ratings and are very sorry if your experience has not been as successful as we would have liked . We promise to take into account your suggestions and follow up on them.
However we inform you that our treatments follow a protocol together with all the dedication of our skilled professionals . So we apologize for the delay and assure you that your comments will be taken into care by our entire team so that it does not happen again .
Finally, we want to thank your positive feedbacks which encourage us to improve and work on those points where we have failed to meet your expectations . We hope that in the future you can trust us and welcome SHA again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

A true seven star resort by ALL definitions; from the level of service, through the amenities, rooms, restaurant, doctor and medical services, spa and fitness teams of people. We arrived for a week. My partner with the intensive diet program and I took the fitness program. From the reception at the hotel, through the Maitre D's; an extraordinary cuisine and incredible food presentation that made us laugh the first night, (as we could not believe that we would eat "this" micro-biotic food and today we miss it soooo much!!) the incredible service from the waiters; the specialists, doctors, agenda programers, staff at the spa desk, massage services, fitness trainers….and the incredible attention to details and to ones needs is certainly unique. We might not have Spa experience; but we are quite the experts when it comes to luxury - and this was a life changing experience via a first class luxury spa. We were made to feel incredibly welcomed; and that in service is special.
The title, as is my last sentence, resumes it all; yes, it is expensive; but as the Spanish say, if you want to get drunk (and have the very best) don't count the amount of wine glasses you drink. ONE day of hospitalization costs exactly what a week at the Spa and clinic cost…so my advice is; don't think twice

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank nir s

Thanks so much for sharing your opinion on your SHA experience.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay that much
and that your experience meant a change in your life and habits.
We will be more than glad to have you back soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

An amazing spa, beautiful relaxing treatments, great personal trainers Regino and Luis, fantastic spacious luxurious rooms and fab pool area. So February only gave us a little sun but we still managed yo lie by the pool although the building works taking place disturbed the peace a little. The place you hear it most is unfortunately in the hydro therapy circuit where you should be enjoying a relaxing steam or sauna but the drills etc are too loud! Not really sure why we were never advised as the works don't end till August 2014 I'm told! On our first night we were a little worried by the food but embraced macro biotics wholeheartedly and have now been converted to eating more veg, pulses, beans etc after coming home a few pounds lighter and full of energy. The most amazing four days, I could have happily stayed longer! Tip: yoga, Pilates, stretching is always 6-7 so choose the later sitting for dinner. Also check what nurse/ doctor bookings are needed as these were forgotten by the clinic staff

Room Tip: Building works mean you ask for an upgrade and away from the works area!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TullyJ4

Thanks so much for sharing your opinion on your SHA experience.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in general, despite the works on the new clinic area.
We will be more than glad to have you back soon now we have a bright new area to enjoy.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I loved the surroundings, the spa, the staff and the facilities are amazing, but as nobody in the spa spoke clear English it was difficult to understand what the treatments involved (even during the consultation I was not advised correctly about the treatments due to the language barrier).

There is not much to do in the evenings, and whilst the tv in your room had many channels only the news channels were in English. It would have been a better experience for me if I could have watched a film in my room in the evening, especially as I was at the spa alone. You cannot lock your bedroom door from the inside which makes for a nervous nights sleep as anyone with a pass can open your door!

The doctor at the spa was nothing more than a sales women, who had a plaster on her forehead and skin peeling off her face and was trying to push a 3k treatment (and told me it would cost 4k in the uk for the same treatment - when in fact it was only 900 pounds in london. She did not inspect my skin she just seemed interested in selling her treatments.

Finally, the spa treatments are over priced and in some cases I have had better treatments for cheaper in london. This is a clinic is for the rich who don't need to ask how much?

It's a shame as this clinic and spa is one of the best I have any seen, but if I spend thousands of pounds for a few days then I want everything to be the best.

I would love to go back but I believe there is a clinic out their that offers a better experience for international clients.

The staff were lovely, the food is amazing and the building and facilities (including rooms) are amazing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank cocolondon
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
First of all we would like to thank you for your honest review about SHA and for taking your time to describe your experience in detail and we apologize for the inconveniences you found that make your stay not to be perfect.
We are really sorry you could not find anyone in the spa who spoke clear English because we are working hard to get all our team speaks good English and, if in some consultations and treatments the language barrier persists, we always offer the possibility of assistance from anyone who speaks English. For us the most important is that our guests understand everything perfectly.
Moreover, we take in consideration your suggestion for the TV Channels in English and we would like you to know we always have the possibility to add some channels under request. We also offer the possibility to have a DVD in the suite when requested without any cost, and we have a wide list of films in English our guests can enjoy. It is a pity you did not know this option for your evenings. We will try to advice better to our guests so they all know about this.
For security measures, we prefer not to have a lock from inside the room but we guarantee nobody of our team is going to come into your bedroom if you have the “do not disturb” placard, unless there is a big emergency.
Regarding the aesthetics doctor you mentioned, we really regret she gave you this impression. She is a renowned professional on her field and we guarantee her treatments are of top quality and she always recommends the treatments according to your needs. Therefore, we would recommend you to check if the treatments offered in other places are exactly of the same quality because many times, although they even have the same name, they are using an older device with different specifications. We are always offering the latest devices on aesthetic treatments, guaranteeing the best results and efficiency of the market.
According to our spa treatments, we are always working to offer the best and most complete treatments to our guests.
We really appreciate your review and especially for your kind comments about our staff, our facilities and our gastronomy. We work really hard to offer the best service to guests like you. We hope you consider visiting us again and we would make sure you live the SHA experience you deserve without the inconveniences you mentioned.
Best regards from all SHA Team.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The trip to SHA was my husband’s present for me. And it was the best present I’ve ever received. The first impression was beyond all praise. I loved the place where the clinic is situated! It’s so fantastic! The views are wonderful and the climate is so mild, it seems that you can touch that fresh air! This only thing made me so full of energy. The hotel itself is amazing! The staff makes everything for you to feel relaxed and satisfied. The detox programme made me feel reborn. I lost lot’s of health problems and received lots of practical advice. The food was so healthy but at the same time it was so tasty - it was ‘Mmmm…’, ‘Oh my God’, ‘Oh dear!’!!! Yes, I’m a little bit obsessed on food and of course I didn’t miss any macrobiotics lecture. Yoga and massage are so relaxing and at the same time are so inspiring! Sha is the place were both your soul and body can relax. Hope to visit you again next year! And thanks a lot for being such a wonderful place!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate_fun
SHAWellness, Manager at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind and honest comment about your stay at SHA. We are really happy to know you keep this great impression about us and we are glad to know we make you feel so good with your SHA Experience.

We hope you are able to keep with the healthy diet and lifestyle you learnt thanks to the healthy cooking classes and talks at our SHA Life Learning program and we already look forward to welcoming you soon as you mention in your review.

Please find SHA as your second home.
SHA Team.

#2 of 15 in L'Alfas del Pi
Hotel Kaktus Albir
Hotel Kaktus Albir
#4 of 15 in L'Alfas del Pi

Been to SHA Wellness Clinic? Share your experiences!