“disappointing hotel service”

SHA Wellness Clinic
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in El Albir
“disappointing hotel service”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

While the diet is very efficient in terms of losing weight, I was quite disappointed for a pricey hotel by the fact that the swimming pool was closed for a couple of the days without notice, the fact that they do not take care of luggages on your leave, having to wait to get a technician in the room etc

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Psayerfr
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear guest,

From SHA team we want to give our many thanks for having submitted your comments . We try to improve every day always offering excellence, that's why every opinion or comment is of a great importance to us.

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused by the closure of our Hidrotherapy circuit, in our desire to continue to improve, sometimes, we must update our facilities to continue providing quality service to our guests.
I would like to inform you that we have taken corrective action, based on your feedback in SHA, our guest are our best guides.

Finally, we are grateful that our diets would have been helpful, and we hope that in the future you can trust us and welcome SHA again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Sha is a very difficult place to describe to anyone who has never experienced it. And I say "experience" rather than "stay" because that's what it is. This is no usual 5 star Hotel. It is very special. The peace envelopes you as soon as you arrive. The smiling staff, are all glowing with health (they must be on the macrobiotic regime to look that good all the time) and make you feel relaxed and welcome. I was very sceptical of the macrobiotic diet. I LOVE my food so was not entirely sure how I would get along. I referred to the teas I was given as "foul" - sorry Sha! but surprisingly did in fact get to like some of them and yes, I admit that I am now drinking some of them here at home! The food was generally good. I am not a fan of miso (which is used quite a lot in this type of cooking) so the miso soup for breakfast was changed to something else without any problem.
I went on my own as I wanted a complete break but if you are not happy with your own company you may get bored in the evenings. There is really nothing to do after supper so take plenty of books! There was only one English speaking DVD available when I was there as apparently their library has been depleted by guests taking them home with them. SHA - take note you really should be offering a better selection. I am sure you can afford to replace a couple of dozen DVD's!
I have seen some of the negative comments on the treatments but I found all of my treatments to be excellent. Very professional therapists. Yes, they are expensive but it's not out of line with the rest of the pricing at SHA. An important note for any shy ladies - some of the therapists are male so if you are not happy with that then you need to tell them. I found them to be very professional and they do not make you feel uncomfortable at all.
I went on the walks every morning which were lovely and a nice way to see Albir and the lighthouse before it got too hot.
The building work was suspended for the majority of the time I was there but it was vaguely annoying on the last day of my stay. Had it been like that from day 1 I would have requested a change of rooms. What was a nuisance was the maintenance work that was going on during the day in the pool area. That really should be done later on in the evening while people are at dinner - not during prime sunbathing and relaxing time!
I felt so good after my 5 day stay that I have changed some of my eating habits and integrated some of the philosophy and ideas into my eating. It was much easier than I thought and the results are well worth it. I arrived feeling stressed and looking cross with a mind that would not switch off. I left feeling calm, looking fantastic (so I am told by my husband!) and relaxed. I would highly recommend to anyone who can afford it. This place is top price but the results are worth it.
Oh and don't miss out on visiting the Old Town in Altea. Taxi ride is 12 euros (SHA often a free mini bus up there one evening a week too) and it's very pretty to walk around and have a forbidden glass of rioja while watching the world go by!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank majoreyeswater1
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, 7 January 2015
Thanks so much for sharing your opinion on your SHA experience.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in general, despite the last day.
And that your experience meant a change in your life somehow.
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Sha Wellness Clinic is an unique experience if you want to rediscover and define a more healthy life plan.

The full experience is obviously full of a luxury and amazing treatments.

Every minute was special and I was amazed by the SHA team.
I feel so goooood !

Room Tip: Study the treatments Do not consider SHA just for FUN with no health reasons.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RocioRicote
Thanks so much for sharing your opinion on your SHA experience.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.
And that your experience meant a change in your life somehow.
Istanbul
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This is a fine resort hotel, offering a nice spa and detox experience. You need to know what you expect because they hardly explain you their philosophy. The real problem however, was the poor management of the hotel. I left my bathing suit in the swimming pool in the late afternoon and the next morning it was gone. Nowhere to be found. I let go. When i checked out, i realized that i left some belongings in the cupboard and called the reception after three hours. Gone.. This time, i insisted that they were found. Out of nowhere, they told me now that they found my bathing suit which was gone five days ago. Well, it reappeared but not the ones in the room.. I am amazed to a hotel at this scope having a housekeeping staff stealing from the rooms.. The only person trying to deal with it was spa director and the hotel management totally ignored.. Never again experience.

Stayed March 2014
7 Thank Zeynep I
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Sha Wellness Clinic is staffed by a team of professionals dedicated to providing excellent service to all our guests . Therefore when a guest tells us any problem, our goal is always to give the best solution in the shortest time possible. Our quality policy is based on an exhaustive monitoring of each guest, in order to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Therefore, we feel the comments made regarding the management provided by our establishment , regarding your last stay forgotten for its object.
Once you contacted us and informed us that you had forgotten ayour pyjamas in syour room, we proceeded immediately to manage the search thereof. Unfortunately our team did not find it.
We understand what a loss means , therefore we immediately offered to you economically to be compensated you for the lost object, as a sign of our apologize.
We really sorry that you doubted our cleaning staff, we can assure that all internal procedures had been performed correctly. It is our duty and always has been to ensure the custody and care of the belongings of guests at our property.
We ensure that at all times we have tried to work and do everything in our power to offer you a satisfactory solution.
Once again, sorry what happened and as we have expressed in our apologies we have sent you , we remain at your disposal for whatever we can be helpful.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was at Sha 2 years ago and wrote a 5star comment with 'Fantastic' in front title. That's why I returned this year with a friend, both very excited but the desillusion was instant. First we received a room just in front of the noizy works going on in front of the hotel (seaside). After complain we were kindly upgraded in a quiet part of the hotel. Thank you ... Then the restaurant that offered before an extraordinary and healthy Sha menu (high gastronomy) turned to become today good food (a lot of soups as staters nothing complicated to do home) and very small portions in main courses (had to ask many times a double portion which is stupid when you are not taking the Biolight menu because not on a diet!) quality was relatively ok, but no more creativity at all. they used to offer mini delicious breads of all types with tapenades besides the menu, today no more. It gave me the impression that they tried to gave money.... but overall I heard that the former cook was gone since a year. The new one has definitly not the same standards.
Finally the worst part for us : the therapists: very common massages with a deep feeling of get quickly rid of the client (they announce 50 min, but they really give you maximum a 45 min treatment and for this price and quality, it is just unacceptable.
I would like to close with some positive points :) service was still good: At the front desk and restaurant (thank you Hamilton for your professionalism and great kindness). The hotel is still looking great....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank CHERIALE
SHAWellness, Director de Relaciones Públicas at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear guest,
While we appreciate your comment, we are very sorry for the inconvenients occurred during your stay. SHA is an establishment where guests find well -being, peace and relaxation, and obviously we do not want anything to disturb such a pleasant feeling.
Indeed we are now in a process of expansion , to be able to offer in the near future a wide range of possible treatments. Fortunately the moment you reported your situation to our team, we were able to quickly assign a superior room on your day of arrival, and we care a lot for each of our guests making every detail unbeatable in your stay .
SHA offers the finest healthy cuisine, each menu is perfectly studied and adapted to the needs and objectives of each of our guests. All of our dishes are carefully prepared with the best and healthiest ingredients. Our spirit of excellence and continuous improvement has made our menus evolve offering a 100 % healthy food . As many of our guests let us know with there comments and thanks. However , we respect your comments and ratings and are very sorry if your experience has not been as successful as we would have liked . We promise to take into account your suggestions and follow up on them.
However we inform you that our treatments follow a protocol together with all the dedication of our skilled professionals . So we apologize for the delay and assure you that your comments will be taken into care by our entire team so that it does not happen again .
Finally, we want to thank your positive feedbacks which encourage us to improve and work on those points where we have failed to meet your expectations . We hope that in the future you can trust us and welcome SHA again.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2014

A true seven star resort by ALL definitions; from the level of service, through the amenities, rooms, restaurant, doctor and medical services, spa and fitness teams of people. We arrived for a week. My partner with the intensive diet program and I took the fitness program. From the reception at the hotel, through the Maitre D's; an extraordinary cuisine and incredible food presentation that made us laugh the first night, (as we could not believe that we would eat "this" micro-biotic food and today we miss it soooo much!!) the incredible service from the waiters; the specialists, doctors, agenda programers, staff at the spa desk, massage services, fitness trainers….and the incredible attention to details and to ones needs is certainly unique. We might not have Spa experience; but we are quite the experts when it comes to luxury - and this was a life changing experience via a first class luxury spa. We were made to feel incredibly welcomed; and that in service is special.
The title, as is my last sentence, resumes it all; yes, it is expensive; but as the Spanish say, if you want to get drunk (and have the very best) don't count the amount of wine glasses you drink. ONE day of hospitalization costs exactly what a week at the Spa and clinic cost…so my advice is; don't think twice

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank nir s
Thanks so much for sharing your opinion on your SHA experience.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay that much
and that your experience meant a change in your life and habits.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

An amazing spa, beautiful relaxing treatments, great personal trainers Regino and Luis, fantastic spacious luxurious rooms and fab pool area. So February only gave us a little sun but we still managed yo lie by the pool although the building works taking place disturbed the peace a little. The place you hear it most is unfortunately in the hydro therapy circuit where you should be enjoying a relaxing steam or sauna but the drills etc are too loud! Not really sure why we were never advised as the works don't end till August 2014 I'm told! On our first night we were a little worried by the food but embraced macro biotics wholeheartedly and have now been converted to eating more veg, pulses, beans etc after coming home a few pounds lighter and full of energy. The most amazing four days, I could have happily stayed longer! Tip: yoga, Pilates, stretching is always 6-7 so choose the later sitting for dinner. Also check what nurse/ doctor bookings are needed as these were forgotten by the clinic staff

Room Tip: Building works mean you ask for an upgrade and away from the works area!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TullyJ4
Thanks so much for sharing your opinion on your SHA experience.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in general, despite the works on the new clinic area.
We will be more than glad to have you back soon now we have a bright new area to enjoy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Albir
#3 of 14 in L'Alfas del Pi
Magic Robin Hood
Magic Robin Hood
#6 of 14 in L'Alfas del Pi

Been to SHA Wellness Clinic? Share your experiences!