“Recommended, thumps Up!!”
Review of Hotel Le Garden

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kumbakonam
Ranked #14 of 33 Kumbakonam B&B and Inns
Bangalore
“Recommended, thumps Up!!”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have been visiting Kumbakonam quite frequently as there are certain temples I visit. Hotel Le Garden has become kind of a place I opt without a second thought once I plan my travel there. Am really surprised seeing previous reviews that are so untrue or unfair if you have really stayed there. I do not think a Hotel like Le Garden could give you anything less than what they really promise you. I often visit Kumbakonam with my wife. We did not have much or anything to complain about. The front desk manager is so welcoming and helpful, even if that is not enough they make sure that you do not have to wait much for filling out the forms or other formalities if you are really tired after that long travel. The rooms have always been offered clean and tidy, I make sure there are no bugs or pests as these really freaks me and my wife out as any other person. My recent visit being a week back, I happened to see a renovation work going on in this property, which was evident that they are upgrading themselves to meet the customer expectations.

There was nothing much to complain about the food too, of course you cannot expect a homely food everywhere, the food served was warm, tasted good and met our expectation. The ambience in whole is what you could really expect from a three star facility.

1 Thank Rohith R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Hi, We been Kumbakonam for Navakiraga Tour, through one of Chennai travel agents, we stayed @ Hotel Le Garden, we had complimentary breakfast buffet, the food was very nice and tasty. rooms are good and clean, and front desk staffs are very very kind, please keep maintain the same,

2 Thank Thiyagarajansst
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I had booked a room at 'Le Garden Inn' for a day. Landed in the morning and was given the keys. Pay'd the money (Rs. 1000) but was not given the receipt. We came back in the evening (for face wash before proceeding to the bus) and asked for the keys. To our astonishment the front-desk was not ready to give the keys. He (Ashok) said the room was vacant and was not assigned to anybody. I did not have the receipt (thought that I will collect in the evening). So, we had to use the common bathroom (travelled with Parents) and it was extremely discomforting.

I asked for the Manager's number but did not get it. I asked for the receipt but the frontdesk said it had gone to accounts. It was extremely frustrating.

I came back to Bangalore and called the General Manager (got his number from their website) who lead me to another Manager and reported the matter. He apologized and told me that he will get back to me.

2 Thank travellerKumbakonam

Travellers are raving about these Kumbakonam hotels

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Traveled to Kumbakonam on work and stayed in Le Garden for a day. Hotel is good and the room is clean.Would recommend for a budget traveler. Food wasnt bad either.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank myhideout
Pondicherry, India
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I had stayed at Le Garden from 18th Jan 2012 to 19th Jan, in a standard double room. Room okay, maintainence not upto the expected mark. Lock would'nt open to the keycard or to the key and we had to stay stranded for 15 minutes while the hotel staff tried to open the room door. Food horrible. First time I had iced idly in my life. Food quality not proper and better to eat at various small places abound in Kumbakonam, where taste and hygiene are better. Room rent is a bit on the higher side. The credit card swiping machine did not work and I was forced to pay cash, which I kept for emergencies. On the whole, okay place to stay, but do not eat there.

Coimbatore
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We went to Kumbakonam to carry back pleasent memories. Well, we do have these due to various reasons but these were also negated to a greart extent by our stay at this hotel. Supposed to be three star (the way they advertise).
THough we had booked a superior room, we were given room 111, a rat hole and nothing more. You open the only window and it opens to the celing of a bar below. You close the window and you are in a dark tunnel of sort!!!!
After a brief fight, we were given a 'room' in third floor. Now come other experiences. Interested parties can read on or those who dont have time but have plans to go to Kumbakonam with family, opt for any other place other than this hotel. A written complaint to the General Manager with a request to call me went unheeded even after two days.

I had spceifically asked for two good rooms for my relatives and yet again they were given the rat hole 111. No arguments. We were curtly told that we can go look for another hotel if needed. I dont want to write the name of the front office person who said this to me

Later we had to shell out double the amount to shift them to a suite where they did not even stay for two hours!!

Restaurant - Food was terrible. We cursed ourselves.
Room service -- More terrible. You ask for Coffee quickly and for them quick means minimum 30 - 45 minutes of powder milk coffee. (Kumbakonam is known for Degree filter coffee!!!!!)

HouseKeeping - We had a fan with no regulator and as Kumbakonam seems not to have any electrical shop, we could not use the fan for all the five days we stayed!!!

CONCLUSION - Stay at your own risk!!

Room Tip: When I dont even recommend this hotel why to give a tip about a good room in this hotel
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Le Garden or Le Scammers or even Le Fraud

A disappointing stay for 3000 bucks a night that we had to shell out for the pathetic, overrated rooms.

First off, we did not get the requested rooms that we were promised earlier...
When we did get it, the first thing we noticed as soon the door was opened, was a cockroach scurrying away on the bed. When asked about this, the 'intelligent' bellboy brought a room freshener to get rid of it!

Shabby furniture, poor lighting, broken fittings, hard beds, no windows (only windows opened to some crummy pipes), terrible food, lukewarm coffee and hot water from taps flowing after three buckets of cold water were wasted.

The TV in the room looked like it was hurriedly put in front of the dresser, absolutely covering the entire mirror. We had to adjust and get dressed only in the bathroom.

I don't think this hotel has any rating whatsoever, and none of the personnel are qualified in any hotel management and customer services.

They need to be sued for every paisa, for advertising false claims on their website and not providing the appropriate service to customers. The manager/owner did not bother to turn up or call us when we requested to speak to him, so I am guessing he should be hearing from a lawyer next very soon.

Room Tip: A general tip - Make sure the bed is comfortable. Then you know the hotel has not scrimped in provid...