All reviewshotel staff arevalue for moneyrailway stationambiencepilgrimage
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have been visiting Kumbakonam quite frequently as there are certain temples I visit. Hotel Le Garden has become kind of a place I opt without a second thought once I plan my travel there. Am really surprised seeing previous reviews that are so untrue or unfair if you have really stayed there. I do not think a Hotel like Le Garden could give you anything less than what they really promise you. I often visit Kumbakonam with my wife. We did not have much or anything to complain about. The front desk manager is so welcoming and helpful, even if that is not enough they make sure that you do not have to wait much for filling out the forms or other formalities if you are really tired after that long travel. The rooms have always been offered clean and tidy, I make sure there are no bugs or pests as these really freaks me and my wife out as any other person. My recent visit being a week back, I happened to see a renovation work going on in this property, which was evident that they are upgrading themselves to meet the customer expectations.

There was nothing much to complain about the food too, of course you cannot expect a homely food everywhere, the food served was warm, tasted good and met our expectation. The ambience in whole is what you could really expect from a three star facility.

1  Thank Rohith R
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Hi, We been Kumbakonam for Navakiraga Tour, through one of Chennai travel agents, we stayed @ Hotel Le Garden, we had complimentary breakfast buffet, the food was very nice and tasty. rooms are good and clean, and front desk staffs are very very kind, please keep maintain the same,

2  Thank Thiyagarajansst
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I had booked a room at 'Le Garden Inn' for a day. Landed in the morning and was given the keys. Pay'd the money (Rs. 1000) but was not given the receipt. We came back in the evening (for face wash before proceeding to the bus) and asked for the keys. To our astonishment the front-desk was not ready to give the keys. He (Ashok) said the room was vacant and was not assigned to anybody. I did not have the receipt (thought that I will collect in the evening). So, we had to use the common bathroom (travelled with Parents) and it was extremely discomforting.

I asked for the Manager's number but did not get it. I asked for the receipt but the frontdesk said it had gone to accounts. It was extremely frustrating.

I came back to Bangalore and called the General Manager (got his number from their website) who lead me to another Manager and reported the matter. He apologized and told me that he will get back to me.

2  Thank travellerKumbakonam
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Traveled to Kumbakonam on work and stayed in Le Garden for a day. Hotel is good and the room is clean.Would recommend for a budget traveler. Food wasnt bad either.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank myhideout
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I had stayed at Le Garden from 18th Jan 2012 to 19th Jan, in a standard double room. Room okay, maintainence not upto the expected mark. Lock would'nt open to the keycard or to the key and we had to stay stranded for 15 minutes while the hotel staff tried to open the room door. Food horrible. First time I had iced idly in my life. Food quality not proper and better to eat at various small places abound in Kumbakonam, where taste and hygiene are better. Room rent is a bit on the higher side. The credit card swiping machine did not work and I was forced to pay cash, which I kept for emergencies. On the whole, okay place to stay, but do not eat there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family