All reviews hotel staff are value for money railway station ambience pilgrimage
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Seemed to be a decent place for a small place like Kumbakonam. Some issues we faced. In the room we got, the electricity was getting tripped every 30 minutes or so. This becomes a major issue when you have to get the housekeeping staff come in to your room every time and fix it for the 2 nights we stayed. The first night finally we decided not to call in the staff anymore.We were not offered an alternate room and was charged full as well. The bathroom had tap malfunction and we had to live with it. Food was ok but not worth the cost. Breakfast choice was limited. Except the rooms everywhere else the centralised A/c was switched off and was terribly hot.

Room Tip: have a preview of your allocated room before you check in
1  Thank krixs
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have been visiting Kumbakonam quite frequently as there are certain temples I visit. Hotel Le Garden has become kind of a place I opt without a second thought once I plan my travel there. Am really surprised seeing previous reviews that are so untrue or unfair if you have really stayed there. I do not think a Hotel like Le Garden could give you anything less than what they really promise you. I often visit Kumbakonam with my wife. We did not have much or anything to complain about. The front desk manager is so welcoming and helpful, even if that is not enough they make sure that you do not have to wait much for filling out the forms or other formalities if you are really tired after that long travel. The rooms have always been offered clean and tidy, I make sure there are no bugs or pests as these really freaks me and my wife out as any other person. My recent visit being a week back, I happened to see a renovation work going on in this property, which was evident that they are upgrading themselves to meet the customer expectations.

There was nothing much to complain about the food too, of course you cannot expect a homely food everywhere, the food served was warm, tasted good and met our expectation. The ambience in whole is what you could really expect from a three star facility.

1  Thank Rohith R
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Hi, We been Kumbakonam for Navakiraga Tour, through one of Chennai travel agents, we stayed @ Hotel Le Garden, we had complimentary breakfast buffet, the food was very nice and tasty. rooms are good and clean, and front desk staffs are very very kind, please keep maintain the same,

2  Thank Thiyagarajansst
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I had booked a room at 'Le Garden Inn' for a day. Landed in the morning and was given the keys. Pay'd the money (Rs. 1000) but was not given the receipt. We came back in the evening (for face wash before proceeding to the bus) and asked for the keys. To our astonishment the front-desk was not ready to give the keys. He (Ashok) said the room was vacant and was not assigned to anybody. I did not have the receipt (thought that I will collect in the evening). So, we had to use the common bathroom (travelled with Parents) and it was extremely discomforting.

I asked for the Manager's number but did not get it. I asked for the receipt but the frontdesk said it had gone to accounts. It was extremely frustrating.

I came back to Bangalore and called the General Manager (got his number from their website) who lead me to another Manager and reported the matter. He apologized and told me that he will get back to me.

2  Thank travellerKumbakonam
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Traveled to Kumbakonam on work and stayed in Le Garden for a day. Hotel is good and the room is clean.Would recommend for a budget traveler. Food wasnt bad either.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business