“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sara Regency
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Kumbakonam
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for couple of days and would definitely recommend it to others. During our stay had some medical emergency situation and didn't expect some one from sara regency to come with us to hospitals early in the morning. Services provided were great, room cleanliness and presentation was stunning. Didn't expect this sort of service in Kumbakonum.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Karthik T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel, though not located near bus stand, is located in a calm locality (Auto Nagar). Reception is good, though they are not well verse in English - but decent and talk respectfully treating the guests fairly. One should not miss out the buffet breakfast including aappam with coconut milk. Great breakfast. Overall, bit expensive hotel - but fine.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Ipoh, malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

As I entered in to this hotel the appearence it self I thought I am in Chinatown. You have more resemblence of a hotel in China. The front office are very pleasant, esp. Mr . Arun and M/s Vinodini. . These people are very helpful to me.They even allowed me to call a few places to talk for free.
They even advised me to walk a bit up to the broken bridge and go to the town centre for dinner.
They even advised me to eat in a restaurant that is in the town centre.
The hotel is very clean, provided with tea and coffee making facilities in the room.. So nice of them. They even provided me a sewing kit as my button came off. Thank you very much.
Good english speaking people.
Next day at 7 in the morning brerakfast is ready.. I saw some varieties in the menu. Tea and coffee are served in cups and saucers. You can ask for more if you want.
Overall a good place to stay, and they even have a restaurant in the hotel and it closes at 11 pm. So you can always get a cup of coffee or tea..

Room Tip: Any room is very comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank santhira
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

After personally visiting various hotels and villa-resorts in Kumbakonam, we booked a total of 5 rooms between 13 Jun to 19 Jun in all 3 categories - Standard, Deluxe, and Executive Deluxe. By far, the most pleasant hotel in the temple town of Kumbakonam in many regards. Teetotallers will further appreciate the absence of a bar.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

First time stayed here with family and everyone had superb time. First impression upon registration at the reception was already good. The service provided was also good, they had warmth, friendliness and most of all they were service orientated. Definitely I will stay here again with family or friends. And yes I will advice my Frens to come and stay in Sara regency. The waiter, Mohd Nasir in their restaurant had our best interest and always wanted to help us knowing that we are foreigners.

• Stayed September 2013
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I think the best hotel in Kumbakonam. We booked this hotel over the phone and we had an excellent experience. I took the standard room which was much better than we expected.Actually its much better than most star hotels. Very clean and tastefully designed rooms. The check -in was smooth and we also extended the stay for couple of hours which they did not charge anything. I must appreciate that.The food was tasty and reasonable.The staff was very helpful and courteous. Overall we had a wonderful stay with my family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Piyushbangalore
Chennai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We(family of 4) checked into a couple of standard rooms at Sara Regency on 2nd Aug. The rooms were well-furnished and above my expectations for the tariff charged. As we were driving, the hotel's location away from the town centre was not really important for us. Check-in was efficient and staff courteous and helpful. Room service was good. We found the restaurant offerings decent at best. The complimentary breakfast was OK, being overwhelmingly vegetarian. I would like to especially compliment the front office staff for their efficiency and customer assistance. The frontoffice manager Mr.Ponganesh was especially helpful, personally arranging for a tyre repair for my car and accompanying me till my problem was resolved. Exceptional service from an outstanding hotel manager!
Would definitely stay here again when visiting Kumbakonam.
Vijayakumar