“Solo and Safe Trip”

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Solo and Safe Trip”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Thanks to Mr Wiedy and Budi. I had a very good and satisfying travel during 8-11 Apr 2014. I totally do not have to worry about the itinerary once it was confirmed via email just days before my travel. I spent 2 days in Borobudur and exploring the padi fields around the areas with the kind gestures of Mr Budi. When you are visiting Borobudur temple, a local guide (Mr Fatah) will be arranged. Trust me, this guy is so well versed in the history and you will be amazed with his interpretations. Do not skimp on it. You will understand more about Borobudur temple and some of the stone pictorial cravings. It was a kind of eye opener for me.

Do not be too adventurous like me when cycling around the villages. Normally cyclists took 3hrs but I ended up 5hrs with a full load of camera equipment on my back. I had difficulty coming out to the main road...lol. Mr Budi actually did offer to cycle with me but I opt not too as I want to have the freedom to move around during my photography shoots.

Both Mr Wiedy and Budi were always punctual and respects the customer. If you intend to try out local food, tell Budi and he will be just glad to bring you to try out the delicious local food.

All in all. This is a very safe place and there are quite a few sights to behold. I would love to come back again for another photography trip. I rate the service of the guys EXCELLENT!

Thank you guys for making my trip unforgettable. I would definitely be calling you guys again soon for the overland tours. Keep up the good work!!!

Visited April 2014

• Polish first
Burlington, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Borobudur a place and tour to endure”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

On the island of Java is the ancient Hindu temple of Borobudur. The distance from Semarang is not far, however the travel time there and back is very long due to the awful and dangerous traffic. The cruise ships want travellers to take their bus tour... It is safer, but the time involved is even longer because the buses can't easily navigate through the traffic, even with police escort. We reserved a van taxi and driver through PT PUSAKA PRIMA TRANSPORT (Blue Bird Group). The ride was comfortable, the driver got us there and back safely. However, the driver overcharged us above the price agreed to in our email reservation.
Borobudur itself is interesting. If you've already been to Angkor Watt in Siem Reap, Cambodia, you will be disappointed. If not, go. I recommend you hire a guide ($15), it makes the visit more interesting. Be aware that the temple is high, with many many steep steps, no lift. Also, bring or buy water. Buy your Borobudur entrance tickets at the temple entrance, not from the driver.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank RogerJG
Wiedy A, Owner at Borobudur Tours & Travel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Mr. Roger JG,

Thank you very much.
I am Wiedy Antara from Borobudur.
I never respon any comment in the Trip Advisor. And let people write what they want to.
Honestly, you are dealing with other company and not with us.
Please make sure that you comment to company that you use.

Wiedy Antara
Malaysia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good tour guide and driver.”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We had a 4 day tour covering Jogjakarta,Prambanan, Borubudur. Our driver cum guide -Andy is a friendly and helpful chap,patient and accommodating. We did the Borubudur Cycling tour under Mr. Budi, who is one the nicest guides u can find, we ended an enjoyable 3 hr bike ride through the villages and padi fields stopping at Mr. Budi's house where he made us feel like guests rather than clients. All the other local guides in Prambanan (forgot his name) and Borubudur ( Mr. Fatah) were friendly and humble and were v knowledgable guides having stayed near the temple grounds before. All in all great trip.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Amy L
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lived up to expectations!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had read excellent reviews of tours organized by Wiedy Antara and after taking a "Sunrise" tour to Borobudur, and an afternoon tour of Prambanan (the following day) we can say that they lived up to our expectations. Both local tour guides were very informative and spoke good English. Our driver, for these 2 tours, was also very courteous and punctual. The whole operation was very smooth and efficient. All in all an excellent experience, which we recommend to others!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank financial
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Mr Wiedy (the boss) did not disappoint with making arrangements for us.

Took the Sunrise Borobudur Tour. Price a little steep and not open to negotiation! (probably our fault because we booked only a day in advance) But worth it overall. (And as Mr Wiedy put it, you find a cheaper deal somewhere else and he'll offer you the same.)

Tour Guide : Pak Budi
Driver : Mr Budi (a younger chap)
Both experienced, humble and polite. Knew all the "clean" places for food along the way and also keen to recite the stories behind the temple during the tour.

If I had to make a suggestion... would be great for an all-inclusive package price that could be spread out over 2 days.. maybe one that would include a trip to Prambanan temple or Mount Merapi or possible white water rafting on a separate day. Would have made for a more complete Borobudur experience.

Special mention:
- Pak Budi : Entertaining tour guide. Served as a tripod stand for a few shots. Great photographer. Would recommend bringing a tripod stand along for some beautiful shots of the sunrise.
- Mr Budi (driver) : If you're staying in Plataran, Manohara or within the vicinity of Borobudur, ask for driver Mr Budi, who lives just 5 mins away. He can serve as your private driver/taxi throughout. You can call him directly at 085643783898 or 081903849467. He'll update Mr Wiedy about your requests, etc and will get back to you ASAP. In addition to our tour, we managed to secure him for a half-day trip back to Yogyakarta for shopping and then to the airport.

Visited March 2014