i never wanted to leave this place. absolutely stunning view of Borobudur and the surrounding mountains. quiet, serene, private. the staff had their own walkways? (i think) as i never bumped into anyone. i had the whole main pool to myself one morning, or so it seemed but every time i came out of the pool my cold water was topped up and my robe hanged neatly, but i never saw any staff. they must have been hiding somewhere...
what impressed me was small details, for example our bathroom always smelled of fresh jasmine but i never saw any, i decided to track it down and i found a very pretty small bowl made of stone, full of fresh jasmine hidden underneath the toilet seat! the bowl was very pretty itself so i just had to wonder why they hid it there...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanjiwo (peaceful soul) overlooks Borobudur, the world's largest Buddhist sanctuary, in the rural heartland of Central Java. Located in one of the most scenic parts of the country, the Menoreh Hills rise up behind and no less than four volcanoes grace the horizon. Amanjiwo provides the opportunity for immersion in Javanese culture, offering trips to ceremonies, temples and antique shops. Private dawn and sunset visits to Borobudur and other archeological monuments in the vicinity are the highlight of a stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Amanjiwo Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanjiwo Hotel Yogyakarta
- Amanjiwo Resort Yogyakarta