“Great location but disappointing hotel”
Review of Hotel du Chateau

Hotel du Chateau
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Vincennes
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We were looking for a hotel near the Parc Floral. This one seemed a good choice and had good reviews. Unfortunately we were decieved. The hotel was rather kitch and the decor grim and dark. I give the owners full marks for creating a great website. Although one never expects hotels to look quite so perfect as they appear online, this one was much smaller, darker and uglier in reality. We paid 91 euro for a "double superior" but the bed was not only a small double but also short. Obviously it had to fit into the small room, but the manager claimed this was a European standard bed which clearly it wasn't! the room was hot and noisy. The breakfast was ok but the coffee pretty diabolical. In short we opted to check out and got charged the second night unfortunately. We found a better deal at the four star Best Western opposite, slightly cheaper and much more agreable. I would recommend the latter hotel if you want to stay in this area, which we liked very much for the local atmosphere and fantastic RER and metro links into Paris and to Eurodisney.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Fiona B
There are newer reviews for Hotel du Chateau

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Really enjoyed staying at Hotel du Chateau .

Location was great-easy walking to train station.
I found trains easy way to get in and out of Paris.

No lifts ...so if have heavy bags this is not the place for you!
I loved the spiral staircase and didn't mind the exercise walking up to top floor.

Very french furniture and decor....loved it.

Its across the road from the Chateau di Vincennes (worth a look). From my top floor room I had an amazing view of this Chateau .

Bed comfortable , room adequate. Excellent value for money .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Location of hotel is great; accross the street from fort the vincennes and the park. A 2 minute walk from the metro station, near some nice affordable restaurants, several supermarkets in the area, an affordable parking garage at 5 min. walk (€13 a day). The rooms of the hotel are nicely decorated and clean. Only minus points would be some additional English language television channels. Next time I will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rolandb795
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed here for 2 days. I was really impressed by decoration. Friendly and helpful staff. The manager was talking to me in English, helping me to find good french restaurants. I wanted to check out at 4 PM. They let me to stay without an extra charge. Despite their small place, the breakfast was awesome. I do recommend you to try the CROISSANT!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a LCD.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2011

During a travel in France I stopped at the hotel du chateau with my family.
I have really appreciated the room for 4 persons ; it was 2 rooms connected with a hall and was perfect for my children, in one room, and my hysband and I, in the other room.
Very charming, with a tipical french breakfast (among others, a croissant and a baguette) and nice staff.
Close to the metro.
Highly recommanded when visiting paris

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Picked this hotel based on past reviews, I had an excellent time at Du Chateau! This hotel does have a cozy charm that you don't find at chain hotels: Parisian style, French breakfast, super nice staff. I stayed on the 3rd floor which had a great view of the Vincennes Palace. Fabulous location, the hotel is in a safe area with many interesting shops and good restaurants within walking distance, very close to a subway station. I love this hotel and will probably never stay anywhere else when visiting Paris.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2011

We stayed at Hotel du Chateau for 5 nights. Receptions all are very kind and helping us very much. The location there is very convenient there. Metro, supermarket, restaurants, markets, laundry are near the hotel. I will stay there next time if I travel Paris again.Plus, the lacation is very safty.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
Bercy / Nation
Best Western Saint Louis
#4 of 9 in Vincennes
Hotel Le home
#5 of 9 in Vincennes

Been to Hotel du Chateau? Share your experiences!