Booked the Sussex Room for 2 nights to attend a friends wedding, but had to cancel one night due to my husbands poor health. On phoning the B&B, I was made to feel like I was making up a story and had only ever wanted to stay one night (2 night minimum enforced!). Having checked their website, I suggested I vacated the Sussex room and moved to the Fontwell room, which would suit myself and my 3 year old daughter as it was a twin and also it was slightly less expensive. Kevin agreed that he would market the Sussex Room for the 2 nights and also the Fontwell for one night. I agreed that should the Fontwell room not be sold that Friday night, I would pay for the 2 nights and just arrive early. That was agreed.
I have now just received an email, cancelling my stay. This means I have to find another hotel as near to Bosham as possible and travel late at night with a 3 year old in my car, rather than being able to get a taxi back to the B & B.
I know this sounds like sour grapes, but I do feel as though I have been badly treated by Kevin and this is not how potential customers should be treated prior to arriving.
Our room was booked by Lorraine and she was extremely helpful and had even agreed to allow our 3 year old to stay, when they have a age limit of 8 years for children. She even called back to check her gender, so that the bed could be made up in pink or blue, how thoughtful.
However, I should have realised something would go wrong, when our booking confirmation and check in details came through, adding £50 to the price for the extra bed., even when we had offered to bring our own! I double checked this via e-mail, but was told that it was correct as they had no facility to add a childs rate to their website booking facility!
I would like to be clear. This review is not a case of sour grapes, it is a factual account of what happened and how the Boathouse have now ruined what should have been a lovely weekend.
Bookers beware.......check and double check all your details and confirm everything in writing as they go back on their word.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boathouse is ideally situated for exploring and visiting a wealth of local sites and venues. Historical Bosham Church and Quay are within 2km walking distance. Chichester is just a few minutes drive away, or why not take advantage of the bus that stops a few yards down the road? If you are feeling energetic, you might enjoy the local cycle path from Emsworth to Chichester, which passes right outside. This superbly renovated, six-bedroomed house offers 4 guest rooms. All of these ground floor bedrooms are independently accessed and therefore provide private and secure B&B accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Boathouse Bosham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boathouse Bosham Hotel Bosham
- The Boathouse Bosham Chichester