“Excellent B & B 'lite'” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Bosham B&B and Inns
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Excellent B & B 'lite'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Spent a night here yesterday and found everything great, easy to find, tidy, clean, clear info and no hassle. Spoke to Kevin this morning and wish him (them) good luck in the next venture.

Two things I meant to say about - but forgot, (helpful criticism) - couldn't get the wifi to work & the overrun on the downstairs fan in the adjacent apartment is noisy / goes on for far too long - especially at 6.00am in the morning.

Other than that - very pleasant and would return again.

Also good recommendation to go to the Berkley Arms - food / service great.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bosham-Boater, Owner at The Boathouse Bosham, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback.

I just wanted to say one thing for the benefit of anyone looking to stay.

When you rightly brought the fan to my attention I did explain that it had just been replaced and the Electrician had set it all to it's maximum durations. (Which is standard for a commercial application)

I did tell you that I would go round that day with my screwdriver and adjust it down to run for a couple of minutes after the light was switched off. This is exactly what I did do.

I thanked you for sharing this with me.

It's great when a customer lets you know of a problem but as I explained the reason and remedied it within hours of you leaving. Was this really the place to mention it again?

Goodness knows how many people were put off by this. Just a tip for future review writing.

All the best both of you

Kind regards

Kevin & Lorraine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Benitachell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We booked for 2 nights and pleasantly surprised to be contacted and offering us a room upgrade. Very easy self check-in and we were delighted with the room and facilities, Beds were very comfortable with quality linen (but don't forget your own towels) and a useful wine fridge and a good array of teas and coffees.
Lorraine and Kevin were very helpful and we left as friends and wouldn't hesitate in booking again,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Winchester UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

The couple running the B&B were friendly and helpful. The room was a good size (we were upgraded to a top floor room with sloping ceilings.) The room was clean, everything worked, and the breakfast was good. I'd stay again.

I thought it was a bit expensive (£99 for two) , but obviously they have no problems filling it at those prices so that's my problem not theirs!

Like many others we ate at the Anchor Bleu pub nearby which is walkable, but take a decent torch for the journey back.

I would recommend this B&B to friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at the Boathouse for one night on a business trip, i rang about an hour before arriving to say that my partner just happened to be local and was it ok for him to come with me, Kevin was great and it was no problem at all. We found the accommodation to be excellent, spotlessly clean and also very welcoming. I would recommend the Boathouse and as for noisy its on a quiet lane and it did not bother us at all.
Top marks all round!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was a last minute booking, due to a family 'need'!
Booked on line, but had to leave home too quickly to get the confirmation eMail, so left in hope!
Its a bit difficult to find in the dark, on a rainy evening, BUT the room was large, comfortable, lovely bathroom, with a vast, and sleep inducing bed (For those who can still remember fairy tales, The Princess and the Pea springs to mind!).
My room was at the front of the property, and because I sleep with windows wide open, there was a little traffic noise, from about 06.00am onwards, but this didn't stop a good night's sleep.
Breakfast is cooked to order, and can be as large as you like, nice quality food, with the usual offering of fruits and cereals as well.
My wife and I may well be returning to this B & B later this year when we have to go back to the area for a day or two.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, the rooms at the back, away from the road, might suit you better.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thatcham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

My overnight business trip was very pleasant here, quiet and very comfortable. I will hopefully return with my husband for a weekend since it is a beautiful part of the world, all country and very rural England. Thank you for looking after me during my stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in The Goodwood Room which was cosy, had decking outside the French windows where you coul...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Elaine070950
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We chose this for our stay in the area because it had very good reviews and we were looking for a bit of luxury. We chose the biggest room the Sail Loft as we needed twin beds. The room was described as en suite but we found that this room had a small shower /toilet/ washroom downstairs from the bedroom. This was not stated in the information on the web page. We were eventually given a much smaller room with a very small en suite but no reduction in price. There is no other sitting area for visitors except outside so you need good weather or be content to stay in your room.
The noise from the road is intrusive most of the day and our sitting area was so very small and uncomfortable. We did not really have room to move in this Chichester Room.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank julieandjack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bosham
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
#7 of 9 in Chichester
The Nags Head
The Nags Head
#9 of 9 in Chichester

Been to The Boathouse Bosham? Share your experiences!