“Not That Nice!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Bosham Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Restaurants in Bosham
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Bosham Inn in Chichester is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
“Not That Nice!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I visited for lunch. The 'Tear and Share' Garlic Bread was a disappointment. Too much bread and the cheese in the middle could have been spread a bit better to cover the dough. Really too much garlic and had to eat a load of Tic Tacs after the meal as we had shopping to do afterwards. I had the Southern Spicy Chicken. The only spice I could taste was pepper. The waitress asked if we had finished with the tray of accompaniments (ketchup, bbq sauce, mustard etc), we said we hadn't and were made to feel we were putting her out by not having finished with them! My husband had the Chicken/Bacon/Cheese Burger which was, again, in a big bread (cob) roll. He left half of the cob. Oh and yes, chips with both dishes and no salad garnish except for a cos lettuce leaf with my dish. The choice was either side salad or chips. Our waiter was a nice, attentive young man who came over several times to ask if everything was ok. Very disappointing experience, but ok if you are expecting typical pub grub!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Maryanna T

“I was embarrased”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I took my family of 7 people including 2 grand-children for a lunch that was supposed to be a lifting of spirits before my daughter had to go into hospital for cancer treatment. The meals took an hour and twenty minutes to arrive and some were cold.
A dreadful experience and dreadful food not to be repeated.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank goddo_11
United Kingdom
“One of the best...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Bosham Inn is not only in a beautiful location but the food is amazing.
Its currently undergoing a mini makeover so I`m sure its going to look fabulous.
I`ve eaten there on/off for years but having recently moved just down the road I`ve already been 3 times in a week.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Miss J
“A* Good food good staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The staff where very nice and help full. Good size menu. Reasonable prices. We had 3 causes soup of the day served with fresh bread, roast plater (3 meats) and the lovely waitress helped recommend my desert which was beautiful. After a long day at work was so nice to have a great meal cooked for us and a glass of wine. highly recommend. Will be going back very soon. Thank you :-)

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Carli jade C
“Enjoyable late lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Four of us were passing Saturday afternoon and we decided to stop for a late lunch around 1.30pm. We had not booked, but the staff were very helpful and allocated us a table.

Getting the initial drinks was a little slow considering the restaurant was not completely full. Other than that the service was friendly and food was delivered in a reasonable timeframe.

With a driver to hand, two of us enjoyed a few draft Peroni's with our meal. The tear and share garlic and cheese bread was good, filled deep with cheese and quite strong garlic, lovely.

All starters were very tasty, Stilton & Pear salad, creamy vegetable soup, battered mushrooms.

The main course were equally good, scampi medley, fillet garnet, roast beef sandwich and gammon, egg and chips. All of us thought the gammon and egg was actually best value for the money.

The Bosham Inn is now part of the Vintage Inns group and I think they offer good value for money food and service.

Worth stopping at for lunch/dinner, but probably best to book ahead of time.

• Visited March 2014