Charming hotel in a charming part of England. I am gluten intolerant and the staff were amazing in coming up with Gluten free bread so I could have their excellent crab sandwich for lunch. Again they were prepared to try and find gluten free flour for fish and chips if I wished it in the evening. In the end we went for fine dinning and I was given a quick list of what I could have. Their was smoked curd cheese with salt baked beetroot on the menu as a starter and that was outstanding. The staff were so kind to ensure I had gluten free bread as a side dish and the kitchen were happy to tell me which wood they used to smoke the cheese, even giving me a tip as to how long to smoke the cheese for. Our room was lovely with a four poster bed and breakfast just as pleasant. I would certainly recommend this place. The staff were a gem. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Millstream nestles in the heart of Old Bosham, an historic village on the shores of Chichester Harbour, combining the elegance of a small English country house with the character and charm of an eighteenth century malthouse cottage.The Bar offers a cosy fireside setting in which to relax. On warm days a door opens onto the lawns where you can sit beneath a sunshade and listen to the chatter of the ducks. The charming sitting room, with its deep cushioned armchairs, grand piano, bowls of freshly cut flowers and tranquil atmosphere, is the ideal place to meet up with friends over a afternoon tea or an aperitif, to play a quiet game of cards or just settle down and while away the hours with a good novel. The 2 AA Rosette Restaurant, overlooking the pretty gardens, offers a varied selection of modern British dishes, prepared with the best available fresh, seasonal, local produce, which are complemented by a list of fine wines from an established cellar. Each enchanting bedroom has been attractively styled to enhance its individual character and outlook. All have en-suite facilities, flat screen television, wi-fi internet access, radio/CD alarm clock, tea & coffee making facilities, mini-fridge with complimentary mineral water & fresh milk, direct dial telephone, wall safe, trouser press and hairdryer. The Gardens that surround the hotel are carefully tended and provide a wonderful place to relax in the warmer weather. Overlooking the stream in the side garden is an oak Gazebo which was built for a Wild family wedding and which now provides shelter from the rain or sun. In the summer months there are tables and chairs at which you can enjoy morning coffee, a light lunch, afternoon tea, a cocktail before dinner or an al fresco meal as the sun comes down. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Millstream Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millstream Hotel And Restaurant
- Millstream Hotel Chichester
- Millstream Hotel & Restaurant Bosham, Chichester