“Very cosy and quaint”
Review of The Bosham Inn

The Bosham Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bosham
The Bosham Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Bosham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 March 2013

The Bosham inn was somewhere we never intended to stop however it was conveniently situated at the side of the road. Ample parking and quiet when we arrived it is somewhere I could definitely see filling up at the weekend.

The food was inexpensive but it was nice, the portion sizes were a little disappointing, I counted 8 chips. The waitress was lovely though we were left waiting for nearly 20 minutes before being offered a drink and when we asked for the check, 15 minutes later she had not returned, my partner had to go to the bar and pay so we could leave. This would have been understandable had the restaurant been pack however there were only 6 tables occupied.

Somewhere I would definitely go again if I had the time to spare.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I have eaten there several times in the last year, - always at lunchtime, mostly with one or both of my sons, but recently for my birthday treat with my sister. It looks enormous from outside, but has been divided into several "rooms" with cosy, fairly private corners - and a real fire in the winter. Thereis also a nice siting area outside in the summer - a real sun-trap! Menu is wide and fairly varied. At lunchtimes there is a special menu also available with one course available for about £7 and you can add one or two other courses fairly reasonably too. I usually find something on this menu which appeals to me, - though my sons speak glowingly of the steaks on the main menu - love the way the chips are displayed like a game of Jenga - and they taste good too. Unfortunatly last time, they had run out of one of the main courses on the special menu, but the waitress didn't mention it when she gave us the menus and the scampi and prawns in breadcrumbs were rather over-cooked, - this is unusual here though. Good selection of wines and beers at fairly reasonable prices. Service is mostly good, - waitress service friendly and efficient. Lots of parking, too.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

I recently came to the Bosham inn for a works Christmas party and everything was fantastic. The food was well cooked and presented and all the waiting staff were excellent. They could not have been more helpful. It was a pleasure and money well spent. I highly reccomend this pub whether it is a special occasion or just a quick bite to eat it is always reliably good.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We visited for a pre-Christmas Saturday lunch with adult family members, arriving just before 1pm. The restaurant was busy and the place had a nice atmosphere. We were shown to our table straight away but that's where the care of service stopped. I had to brush the remains of someone else's food off my seat before I sat down.

Service was really slow. We had to wait a good 10 minutes to receive our drinks after ordering them and needed to order again before our food arrived. It took almost an hour for our food to arrive; needless to say we were hungry and rather well-oiled by the time we ate, which wasn't ideal. Good service demands that all diners on the same table receive their food at the same time but one of our group had to sit for almost 10 minutes with nothing to eat while the rest of us ate before our meals cooled down. The excuse given was that they were "waiting for the chips". It does not take almost an hour to organise chips to arrive on time with the rest of the food!

The standard of the food was good and everyone enjoyed their meal. However, I was extremely dissatisfied to find that the ladies WC in the restaurant area had neither toilet tissue nor hand wash with no evidence that either had recently run out. It worried me that this eating establishment was not encouraging guests' hygienic practice and I did make a comment to one of the staff about this.

So the moral of the story is: order your drinks at the bar first then be prepared for a long wait for food and go armed with toilet tissue and hand gel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ZhooZhoo
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Complete mix up with order taken and food unavailable, had to select alternatives which arrived incomplete, and set on the table without seeing which was for who. Had to chase missing order, collections of used glasses accumulated on table and were generally left unattended. When we were attended by 3 different staff, all were pleasant but missed the crucial elements of good service. Food great if a little overpriced, let down by poor service, shame

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 19 November 2012

visited on the 19th Nov for a family Sunday lunch. Table booked for 2.00pm, finally seated at 2.30pm.
Table was dirty, the waitress finally arrived and took order, after ordering we then had a 20 minute wait for the starters which we had to remind the waitress that we hadn't been served. No apology for the wait. The main course - we had to once again remind the waitress that we had been waiting for approx 30 minutes from the time the table was cleared after the starters.
The ladies facilites were disgusting, one was out of order and the one in use hadn't been replenished with toilet rolls etc. when a member of staff was informed she just looked at me and did nothing. Wont be going back !

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I've been here many times over the years and seen at least a couple of changes of management, not least from Beefeater to Vintage Inns (possibly with Out and Out in-between, but could be mistaken on that one) but sadly my most recent midweek trip back in the summer is likely to be my last thanks to one of the most disappointing dining experiences I can recall. The building itself is fine - full of character and a nice setting for the meal but unfortunately that's where the positives end. While waiting for our food, the alarm bells began to ring with another couple of diners complaining about hair in their food as they paid the bill. When our food arrived, it was poor - small portions, under-cooked salmon, hunter's chicken dry, greasy chips and just felt like money wasted, which is a shame because had it been as good as on previous visits, I've no doubt we'd have returned numerous times since. I know that Vintage Inns food can be excellent (The Trent Lock in Sawley, Long Eaton being the best example I've experienced), but sadly this once reliable restaurant has lost it's way and from our experience, is now best avoided.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MattUK74

Been to The Bosham Inn? Share your experiences!