“Wonderful lunch in a lovely Downland setting”
Review of Amberley Castle

Amberley Castle
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Amberley
More attraction details
Owner description: Marked by two large turrets and built from warm yellow stone, this picturesque 900-year-old English castle was once owned by Queen Elizabeth I.
Reviewed 23 January 2014

There's only one word to describe the lunch I had here with a friend from the US - Exquisite! This is one of the best meals I have EVER had, and excellent value for money.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Had a great dinner last Saturday evening: Did choose the 8 course menu with wine menu. Great food, great wine, good service, great ambiance.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was a dream, realized. Wow is an understatement. My partner Asia was totally speechless and I have to say there were a few tears. We stayed in the Chichester Room. Words cannot describe it. The bed the room, the bed the bathroom the bed the bath. All fantastic. So peaceful and relaxing. The grounds took us 3 hours to explore and photograph and like the rest of the castle were perfect. Dinner was delicious and having spent 20 years as a chef I have to say the head chef is certainly going in the right direction. I could write for hours on this place but as Asia said, "This is somewhere you must visit once in your life".A big thank you to all of the fabulous staff who made the weekend perfect.

1  Thank Pbath
Reviewed 17 November 2013

On this occasion I was there for lunch, but on a different occasion attended a fabulous wedding reception The lunch and service were lovely - and glimpsing the rooms - I'd say a stay would be a real treat. This castle is fabulous and fulfills everything I would envisage from a story-book castle. It's not an empty shell, it is a living, breathing bit of history where old and new blend seamlessly - so you have the history without the inconvenience of 1,000 year old life-style! . The approach to the castle sets the scene - a jaw droopingly surprise. The castle is huge and imposing with furnishing/touches to match, right down to the white peacocks! The surrounding countryside is also gorgeous.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Everything about this castle is fantastic, the staff, the food and the grounds. We spent a wonderful
Afternoon here, lunch was served by extremely friendly staff who were eager to share knowledge of the history of the castle. After lunch we asked to look at some of the rooms for future reference the young lady on reception was quite happy to do this, the rooms were so beautiful I wished we could have stayed. The grounds were amazing with amazing views. We will definitely go back to Amberley in the very near future.