Amberley Castle has to be one of the most picturesque hotels in the UK. I didnt tell my wife where we were going so she was amazed to sweep up the drive towards the front gates of the castle!. The castle itself is very attractive and the gardens are stunning. If the weather is fine there are some great places to sit outside for an aperitif - with unique vistas. Its a small hotel - 19 rooms - and service is good. There is no swimming pool - which is a pity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique luxury hotel located in the picturesque village of Amberley at the foot of the South Downs. Privately owned by Andrew and Christina Brownsword, this magnificent 900-year-old castle is enclosed by a 60 foot high curtain wall and portcullis that remains open, behind which you will discover an enchanting hotel offering the highest standards of food and service. Bedrooms are resplendent with the luxurious facilities you would expect from a country house hotel. History encompasses every part of this wonderful building and the many acres of gardens it stands in. Enjoy discovering our tennis courts, 18-hole putting green and croquet lawn, and even our resident peacock roaming the grounds. For those seeking tranquillity and relaxation, there are many quiet corners to discover under the shade of a tree or by the fireside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Amberley Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amberley Castle Hotel Amberley
- Castle Hotel Amberley
- Amberley Arundel Castle
- Amberley Castle West Sussex