“Great food”

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Amberley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional country pub with food.
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Recommend by our B&B host, was a busy Sunday night service. Many good choices on the menu. We ordered the tomato soup, fish cake and Sunday roast, all delicious and reasonable portion. And to my surprise they take Amex :)

Reviewed 11 May 2014

After a lovely walk along the South Downs Way, our party of three received a warm and friendly greeting from the staff of The Bridge Inn before we had even got through the front door. The service was excellent throughout, as indeed were our three roast lunches. " That has to be the best roast lunch that I have been served in a pub for many years " enthused my pal Gina. I second that and heartily recommend this very fine well run pub to one and all. Located two minutes from the train station, the South Downs Way and the river Arun, a visit to the Bridge Inn at Amberley is a must do. Enjoy!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Been a regular for some years now and always had excellent food, but prices have crept up and now fish and chips £11.50. Frozen chips, frozen peas and large fish. £2.50 for 'small' side order of chips! Cheapest bottle of wine is £16.50. We used to visit once or twice a month but will not be such frequent visitors. Most puds £6!!! Very expensive for a pub!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Took a long walk along the River Arun from Arundel to Amberly, a balmy day, warm. The river walk so attractive, bird life, churches and countryside that can only be found in Sussex. Weary on reaching Amberly, or is it Houghton, I am never quite sure, my companion and I fell into the The Bridge Inn and we were delighted that we had. A fine pint of cooling local beer and a midday bar snack menu that would be hard to beat, We had salmon and a salad with a plate of chips on the side and coffee to follow in the garden. Excellent service excellent food, friendly customers and a yellow dog who liked people, all very much part of an early summer late spring day and next time we may well go by car and eat a full meal it looked that good.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had a very good fishy dish - to be recommended. Missus had an unspecified meal which was v nice.Would go back.