“Outstanding!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Amberley
Price range: US$11 - US$16
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on the banks of the River Arun, Riverside offers breakfast, lunch and traditional afternoon teas all year round. Enjoy sitting outside by the river in the South Downs National Park, drinking a cold beer or enjoying cream tea, we are opposite Amberley Station and 5 minutes walk from the South Downs Way.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have recently started to drop in on the Riverside cafe on my way home from work on Fridays! They make an excellent latte and I really enjoy sitting down by the river in their gardens. The staff and owner are always so very lovely and very welcoming. I would highly recommend this great cafe. Their cakes are excellent and very good value for money. Really worth a visit

francescula, Owner at Riverside Cafe Tea Room and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your review - it is so lovely when customers enjoy and understand what we are trying to achieve! Many thanks and see you soon!
Regards

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The location of this establishment is just gorgeous, especially on a warm summer's day, with terraces overlooking the river, the beautiful Houghton Bridge, with a back-drop of the South Downs - just can't beat it! Just 2 minutes down the road from Amberley Chalk Pits Museum and Amberley Railway Station and it has a lovely pub opposite - what more could you ask for? Very friendly and efficient staff, smashing coffees, good teas and meals, sandwiches, cakes, wine and beer, just about everything really. See website for opening hours, but I believe at least the weekday hours are 9am to 5pm. They also have an extremely comfortable en-suite (bath and separate shower) b&b room, with king-size bed. Tea/coffee making facilities and a lovely touch was hand-made complimentary cookies. Frankie (Francesca), the owner, was extremely kind in allowing us early access to our room, when we had to cut short our day's walking, as a result of my husband having been food-poisoned at our previous night's stop (well, he would have the fish...!). Frankie cooked us a very tasty breakfast (fantastic choice!) and we were sorry not to have had another night there, so my husband could have peeped his nose from under the bed covers!

Thank you for your kind review - I am so sorry your husband couldn't enjoy his visit due to ill health but we hope you will return and visit us another time!
It was my pleasure to help out and it was lovely to meet you both,
Regards

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'm a local who uses the Riverside Cafe a lot! Love the location, staff, food and friendly atmosphere. I wholeheartedly recommend it if you want some quiet time or to entertain friends and family. The gardens are particularly interesting as the owners have planted some REAL palm trees! Not an easy task and I'm sure the staff would be happy to explain how they did it.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Called in here with my husband for coffee yesterday, while working in the area, and was amazed at all the improvements both inside and out. Restaurant/cafe area now has bistro feel to it and felt very buzzy. Outside area has been landscaped with palm trees and Mediterranean plants and it was delightful to sit and watch the ducks and swans on the river. Two young waiters were in evidence outside and looked friendly and competant.

The Riverside appeals to all ages and types from the elderly friends to the young families and also to cyclists, bikers and walkers. I called on the Riverside over the christmas holiday and the place was completely flooded inside and out with generators pumping water away but it must have been a very slow job as the rain continued to fall.

Praise must go to the owners who have tried and achieved so much with the Riverside by opening seven days a week. Not an easy task for a small business in a village.

My husband spoke to the owner and complimented her on all the changes and was told that at the end of June they are going to be open for evening meals. We will certainly return then with friends.

francescula, Owner at Riverside Cafe Tea Room and Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review - we have worked very hard to achieve all the upgrading after such a terrible winter, yes the flooding was awful but we look forward to a beautiful summer so that we can put all the bad behind us!
We look forward to seeing you when we are open in the evenings,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My biker friends and I (6 of us) are regular visitors to this café. We are always made to feel welcome by the manageress and staff and always greeted with a warm and friendly smile.

The service is great, the food is tasty and you get good value for your money!

The tea garden is set within nice surroundings set on the river Arun

Waddie

p.s we will see ya tomorrow for our breakfasts!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we are so lucky to have such lovely loyal customers!
We look forward to welcoming you very soon!