“Lovely evening meal in the way home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Riverside Cafe Tea Room and Gardens
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Amberley
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, View, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Situated on the banks of the River Arun, Riverside offers breakfast, lunch and traditional afternoon teas all year round. Enjoy sitting outside by the river in the South Downs National Park, drinking a cold beer or enjoying cream tea, we are opposite Amberley Station and 5 minutes walk from the South Downs Way.
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely evening meal in the way home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Just had a lovely evening meal. Food was very enjoyable, freshly cooked and good kids menu. There were 2 young children (5 and 9) and 3 adults in our party. We sat outside next to the river with spectacular views. But waht made the difference were the very friendly staff who went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Welll done! We'll be back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Neil H
francescula, Owner at Riverside Cafe Tea Room and Gardens, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it was our pleasure to welcome you on a lovely summer evening and I'm very pleased you had a lovely time! (I hope Grand-dad liked the loom bracelets!)

We look forward to welcoming you again,

Washington, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had a lovely time again at Riverside cafe Cant keep away ,Stunning views Great Food Lovely staff very friendly Great place to be.
Well Done
We all had a lovely time thank you

3 Thank sue m
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - I'm so pleased you had an enjoyable visit with your friends and that you were able to sit outside in the lovely garden!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Crawley, United Kingdom
“A busy Sunday in July......great food..... great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We dropped in having not been back since the change of ownership several years ago. To be fair we had high expectations and were not disappointed. Prices are reasonable, portions a good size. Baguettes were a good size, generously filled and came with chips and side salad.

Don't know why people are complaining..... hope to visit again and do a circular walk with our Labrador as we sat outside on a hot day and enjoyed the view.

We should be supporting local business people who have got over this winter's floods.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrSofthreebridges
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I'm very pleased you enjoyed your visit on a hot and busy Sunday!
Thank you for appreciating what we are trying to do and for supporting this local business that did flood on Christmas Day!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Worthing, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

It is very rare these days that you can take your wife out to a beautiful riverside location, sit outside and marvel at stunning views and enjoy food on a menu that is so hard to choose from. We went for dinner last week and I can honestly say we had one of the best meals in a long time. It took me so long to choose what to order as I liked everything on the menu. I haven't been to a restaurant for years when I have said that. A good number of starters and main dishes which I always think will be taken time over to prepare so to always taste fresh, which of course they did. The high lite for me was the Chicken wrapped in Parma ham, just outstanding, beautifully cooked and served with an excellent mushroom sauce and vegetables. I could have easily ordered the curry, pizza, burger or Pork Belly. And there's the Salads all looking beautifully fresh on presentation...so much excellent choice. I had to leave a little room for dessert, the Chocolate Brownie had my name on it. The wine list is nice with some good choices, nothing to expensive that I didn't recognise. We've often visit for tea and cake, but now with the menu choice in the evening we are so pleased we tried it and have already booked a return visit. This will become a little jewel on the South Downs for evening dining either inside on the very comfy chairs and tables or outside in the garden overlooking Houghton Bridge, the River and the Downs. Thank you to the staff and chefs, outstanding.

1 Thank Simon O
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we did take a long time choosing our menu that would hopefully appeal to everybody!
Keep coming back until you've had everything then start again!

West Sussex
“Can't keep it a secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am so glad that the Riverside Cafe has opened up on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening as a lovely little restaurant. You can either eat outside and enjoy the views of the river or eat inside in a very relaxed but stylish environment. The young man playing guitar and singing whilst you enjoy the very big portions of well prepared cuisine was a really nice touch and added to the ambience. The waitress was very attentive and we were not rushed at all! I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and the Slow Roast Pork belly was done to perfection together with the potato souffle! My only advice to anyone wanting to try this restaurant is go feeling hungry as the portions are very generous. My son ate the Riverside Burger and it was massive but he managed to finish after we set him the challenge to do so. The feel between the day cafe and the night restaurant are so different and Iook forward to continuing to visit again as a great stop off on the way home from work and as an evening diner. Well done to the owner and lovely staff for doing such a grand job and I wish you every success!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Will0w67
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit - tell your friends!
We look forward to seeing you back soon,