Stayed on Saturday evening in an executive room, beautiful view from the room over the golf greens to the lake.
The room was perfectly maintained and clean, modern and simple stylish décor with a very good bed. The bathroom was as good as it gets, large shower, nice bath and sink areas. Also what a simple touch, the air vents in the bathroom are perfectly placed to draw out the steam from the shower, so no steamed up mirrors, that is a first to find! Air conditioning was fine, room had a fridge and perfect tea/coffee/water/wine and chocs waiting for us!
The service from the check in staff was a credit to the manager, chatty and friendly, very welcoming. The bar staff were very polite and great service.
The restaurant was very good, classic service with serve from the left and clear from the right! yet with a modern delivery, the food was mouth watering, couscous starter was stunning, the lamb main was just earth moving, and the desert! well it was our anniversary and the staff had pre-designed a chocolate edged plate for my wife with happy anniversary wrote on it, just the finest touch ever! The restaurant manager and team were a credit to the industry, especially a chap called Tito who was funny and very entertaining with an amazing style of service.
Also to point out there was a card wishing us a happy anniversary waiting in our room!
The swimming pool was fine, the steam room was amazing and the sauna was fab too!
This is a gem of a hotel and the hotel manager deserves some serious credit to having delivered a perfect stay.
Worth adding, there were two weddings in the hotel and we thought the bar and later the noise might be a problem, strangely we noticed nothing, no guests at the bar and no noise, it turned out the hotel has function rooms at totally the other end of the building, far away from all the rooms and totally separate bars etc, such a problem with many hotels but not this one, fantastic for all!
Pure heaven, thank you thank you thank you!
Will recommend and return, must try the golf next time too, looked fab.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa is one of the finest ----four-star hotels in Southampton. Set in acres of beautiful countryside, our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and fine facilities. With direct access to Southampton airport, Eastleigh, Portsmouth and the M3, our hotel is a popular choice for family holidays, business and weddings. And if you are setting sail at the nearby port, then we're an ideal stopover destination before your exciting holiday begins. When the business or adventure of the day is done, unwind in our swimming pool or gym or thrash it out on our tennis or squash courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club Hotel Botley
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel Country
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton Hampshire